What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Neil Henry

Mal's Milk

Juniors
Two things to take from this. Firstly, remember the commitment Schif made before pulling the pin (hopefully the family influence will keep Henry here)
And secondly (at the risk of firing up Bay!) how's this for a quote?
"I don't know the details but I know that Neil has got a contract for at least another two years here," McIntyre said.
Don't know the details? I know I shouldn't be surprised, but seriously, he should have the friggin details memorised. Useless.

Bay56

First Grade
Mal's Milk said:
Two things to take from this. Firstly, remember the commitment Schif made before pulling the pin (hopefully the family influence will keep Henry here)
And secondly (at the risk of firing up Bay!) how's this for a quote?
"I don't know the details but I know that Neil has got a contract for at least another two years here," McIntyre said.
Don't know the details? I know I shouldn't be surprised, but seriously, he should have the friggin details memorised. Useless.

:lol: .. no worries Mal.

"Dont know the details" ... I think I might have an idea but to save one fella on this forum doing the usual I'll refrain suffice to say I dont think it was a three year deal in the first place ... unfortunately the other part of the deal seems to have fallen through.

*here come the seagulls*

raidersforme

Juniors
Mal's Milk

I agree this does smell alot like turncoatski

from canberra times 4th of feb
Henry yesterday dismissed his link with Brisbane as mere rumour.
"I'm contracted to the Raiders for three years and that's it and I'd hope to fulfil that and maybe get a few more," Henry said.
"I haven't spoken to the Broncos about anything. I'm from here and I'm glad to have the opportunity to work full-time in Canberra.
"There's been a bit of speculation about what Wayne is up to and all it is is speculation."
Henry was a foundation player at the Raiders and coached lower-grade teams at the club before a four-year stint as an assistant at the North Queensland Cowboys.
He returned to Canberra last season to take on the Raiders' head coaching role following the departure of Matt Elliott to Penrith. Henry said his role as assistant coach of the Queensland State of Origin team for the past two years could have sparked rumours of a Broncos move.

If he does do a scumbag or turncoatski i will seriously loose it

maybe this is why carney is stalling

Mal's Milk

Juniors
Quite possible.

On the other hand, Bellamy is still the fave to move to BrisVegas. Let's hope so.

In regards to Carney though, I read today that Canberra are still keen to sign him before the season starts. Is this really going to happen?

dubby

Bench
I cant see Langer coaching the Broncos. Henjak? Maybe temporarily.

We should prepare ourselves to lose both Carney (to Penrith) and Henry. That way if it happens we wont be as shocked or hurt.

Its going to be an interesting month to 6 weeks.

dubby

Bench
Mal's Milk said:
Quite possible.

On the other hand, Bellamy is still the fave to move to BrisVegas. Let's hope so.

In regards to Carney though, I read today that Canberra are still keen to sign him before the season starts. Is this really going to happen?

i spoke to someone at the club today. Basically they told me that have given Todd a very good contract but they believe that another club has offered even more.

On the advise of his manager, Todd has been advised to wait to field more offers.

It sounds as tho our club expects Todd to repay the faith we have shown him during his tenure here. Dont get me wrong, our offer is substantial but unfortunately another certain club can wield bigger dollars then we can.

ak47

Juniors
f**k OFF JUST f**k OFF

IF HENRY GOES, I WILL BE IRATE

WHAT THE f**k IS A CONTRACT MEAN THESE DAYS ANYWAY

f**king waste of f**king time “signed for a xyear deal”

Contracts are a waste of space and time.

Give him a PAYG deal, every win you get x, every loss u get nuttin

The NRL is a joke with its contracts and Gallop should have a good look at how many have been broken on a hand shake

I understand when someone may want out siting some circumstances – but it better be a f**king good one, would like to know what Henry’s is if he goes…

I know he may not, and I am semi pulling my trigger already

Mason cutting loose, was agreed, as the Bulldogs needed the funds, and prolly better off without him, but the NRL should introduce a 1 strike policy, where u can opt out of a contract without a good reason…player + coaches

Otherwise f**k the dotted line, and introduce a PAYG system, and no security is offered, as the fans are getting bent over, and we have no faith (security) in the system.

I really like Henry, and I hope this doesn’t happen but all this propaganda is flowing due to the history of the farce we call a contract within the NRL already!!!

ak47

Juniors
re: Carney > CRONULLA SHARKS

Thats what i have been told
Daleys word v Stuarts word
$hark dollar and another childhood hero, is very compelling
Top it up, we need this kid, i dont care, get a tip from the roosters, surely we can get some form of 3rd party, or deferred payment deal, something!!!

Raider_69

Post Whore
I dont think the club can afford to lose henry or carney
im quite confident of retaining both, but you never know. I will be fairly irate if both are lost, or even one for that matter

Sydney_Raider

Juniors
Saw a report on the Bennett isue on Fox Sports news today. Thought I saw Jason Williams on some footage thay had of the the Broncos training. Will probably start off in Qld cup but will be interesting to see if he gets a run in the top side. Will also be interesting if he is part of the squad to trial against the Raiders on Feb 23.

matt

Juniors
Sydney_Raider said:
Saw a report on the Bennett isue on Fox Sports news today. Thought I saw Jason Williams on some footage thay had of the the Broncos training. Will probably start off in Qld cup but will be interesting to see if he gets a run in the top side. Will also be interesting if he is part of the squad to trial against the Raiders on Feb 23.

he will and find himself as some sort of revelation.breaking into the kiwi side...funny that.

Smiley

Bench
Sydney_Raider said:
He's contracted to Wynnum Manly Seagulls but is training with the Broncos squad and has been named in the Broncos side for the trial against Central Comet this weekend. Mostly Wynnum/Redcliffe/Norths and Under 20's players picked. Ryan Barton is also playing.

1 Josh Hoffman
2 Jharal Yow Yeh
3 Alex Glenn
4 William Tupou
5 Brendon Gibb
6 Tim Yee
7 Ben Hunt
8 Ryan Barton
9 Cameron Joyce
10 Jason Williams
11 Palmer Wapau
12 Derrick Watkins
13 Michael Spence

INTERCHANGE
14 Nathan Strudwick
15 Guy Ford
16 Leon Panapa
17 Wiremu Ratana
18 Matt Handcock

TiTTieS_[CNTDN]

Juniors
I don't know how the speculation has flared up as bad as it has re: Henry to Brisbane. Sure, there are good reasons he would want to go there, but that doesn't mean that much. I would love to go and live in England for a host of reasons, but I choose to stay here because I prefer the good ol' homeland.

I think people are running with the idea that Bennett has been let go so that Henry can replace him. But, and this is a very big but, Bennett sneaked around 2 years ago when he had talks with the Woosters. Just remember that.

matt

Juniors
bennett wont come here.the dragons IMO..

shame though in one word ASTUTE..

Chachi

Bench
Don Furner Jr was on ABC radio this arvo saying he's had a number of discussions with Henry who confirmed he won't be leaving Canberra. The Raiders have him under contract for at least the next 2 seasons and have no intention of releasing him. Furner sees Henry as a very long term coach for this club.

Henry has family and connections here which makes it a very different prospect to most other situations regarding the Raiders.

Raider_69

Post Whore
For what its worth The Fly over at the GH, who seems to know what he is talking about is absolutely convinced neither Henry nor Carney are going anywhere and they'll be joined by Flannagan for the 2009 season

Bay56

First Grade
dubby said:
i spoke to someone at the club today. Basically they told me that have given Todd a very good contract but they believe that another club has offered even more.

On the advise of his manager, Todd has been advised to wait to field more offers.

It sounds as tho our club expects Todd to repay the faith we have shown him during his tenure here. Dont get me wrong, our offer is substantial but unfortunately another certain club can wield bigger dollars then we can.

simple solution then dubster ... we offer more than the rival club

letls hope it's not a case of ..

No Todd
No Flanars
No Henry
No Woolford (opps, that's already happened)

gph

Juniors
Bay56 said:
simple solution then dubster ... we offer more than the rival club

How much would you offer though, do you go straight to 4 million a season and work your way down?