What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nelson Asofa-Solomona

ALSGI

Bench
Even though I am not a recruitment manager by any means, this is what I was say/do if I was Millward in a meeting with NAS and his manager -

"Nelson, look, we love the way you play mate. At 21 years old, we're staggered and wildly impressed with the developments you've made in your game and we'd love to see you reach that next level at our club.
We're pushing for a premiership at the Dragons in the next year or two and we believe you are our missing piece to get us there. You'll be partnering one of the strongest props in the competition right now in Paul Vaughan who is only on the way up, with guys like Tyson Frizell and Jack de Belin rounding out the back row. You and Vaughny will lay a great platform for our international halves in Gareth Widdop and Ben Hunt, with great service coming from a NSW hooker in the making in Cameron McInnes.
You've got a chance to cement a starting prop position here at the Dragons and become a leader of this pack for the next four years."

Then table the offer and get the f**king deal done.
He wouldn't fit on the Jetski mate.

blacksafake

First Grade
Even though I am not a recruitment manager by any means, this is what I was say/do if I was Millward in a meeting with NAS and his manager -

"Nelson, look, we love the way you play mate. At 21 years old, we're staggered and wildly impressed with the developments you've made in your game and we'd love to see you reach that next level at our club.
We're pushing for a premiership at the Dragons in the next year or two and we believe you are our missing piece to get us there. You'll be partnering one of the strongest props in the competition right now in Paul Vaughan who is only on the way up, with guys like Tyson Frizell and Jack de Belin rounding out the back row. You and Vaughny will lay a great platform for our international halves in Gareth Widdop and Ben Hunt, with great service coming from a NSW hooker in the making in Cameron McInnes.
You've got a chance to cement a starting prop position here at the Dragons and become a leader of this pack for the next four years."

Then table the offer and get the f**king deal done.
What happens if he asks do you have a better coach than bellamy lined up to take me to the next level:D

blacksafake

First Grade
They were going to score anyway, his only option was to do what he did. Can't blame him for that
They were but the the kick would have been taken from out wide instead of the posts.
Anyway that wasn't the reason we lost there were plenty of other cases such as mundine hogging,wishart dropping the ball frfom the restart & for mine the one that eats at me was the forward pass by nickau which roarty scored off.

dragonssamy61

First Grade
He sounds like a tremendous player , but I wonder why it is , that Bellamy is prepared to allow him to walk ?
There must be a reason , why else would he take ' part game ' Kasiano in place of Asofa Solomona ?

He not willing to let him walk but they need space in there salary cap.
It cost a lot to keep players like smith slater munster ect ect ect

dragonssamy61

First Grade
Just had a look at the stats
http://www.nrl.com/telstrapremiersh...ubid/6/playerid/6581/seasonid/45/default.aspx
Perhaps Bellamy needs hardened FG props right now after losing a couple of his established front rowers.

They don't seem so impressive....maybe he has potential and is is being eased in.
In 26 mins against the dragons he ran for 21m.

Doesn't seem to do that many mins each game....averages 70 or so metres per game from generally less than half a game.
His physical stats do look impressive though.

I get the impression he may be further developed / ready for FG than Kerr so it may be an astute buy.
Hopefully he has ties to Sydney / Illawarra and is looking for a change.

SGMax
He come from a union background.
So may take a while to develop.
Imo

epDragon62

First Grade
Agree.
I put more blame on mundine for not putting the ball over the line.
If he had it would have been to far for them to come back.
Imo
At that moment, looking down from the grandstand at Choc, I could not believe the opportunity I had seen lost, still hurts bad. I agree, that would have killed off Melbourne and the win would have been by a fat margin.

dragonssamy61

First Grade
At that moment, looking down from the grandstand at Choc, I could not believe the opportunity I had seen lost, still hurts bad. I agree, that would have killed off Melbourne and the win would have been by a fat margin.

I was there to.
Bad day all round

Gareth67

First Grade
I recall that moment that , that fool believing that he alone was winning the Grand Final . The thick- headed numbskull really thought that the Premiership Trophy was going to read - 1999 winners Anthony Mundine - not our beloved Dragons .

And then to make matters worse , the ' mouth of the south ' said to all and sundry how lucky they were to win the match , in the first game of 2000 . I wont mention the score line as it was just too embarrassing .

Last edited:

nontime111

Juniors
well,. I was at that game!! in Melbourne when it was a cricket score and was abused by Storm fans all game in the rain! tragic

theyre sledges of me were ridiculous .... the play when Lance Thompson ran and dropped the ball as it was passed by Browny over his head, that summed up the whole sad occasion.......man what a circus, it was just one of THOSE damn games....where every single thing went so wrong for us, and every single thing went so right for them....games like that happen but were back stronger than ever now so I dont care!
GO DRAGONS!!

Overseas dragon

Juniors
Hey guys stop reminding me about 1999 .I had the dragons with the kangaroos in the afl i was taking my wife to Canada if we won cost me 30 k so please no more of that also 2010 had the dragons with st Kilda nearly got it a draw ist time then Collingwood beat them

TomRedVRiver

Bench
Anyone watching him play tonight?

Honestly he's the only prop off contract who is genuinely worth looking at. Such a beast.

Unmarked Darren Tracey still waiting for that pass...
Threw away a Grand Final with that one brain explosion.