What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nene McDonald agrees to 3 year deal

Simon

Juniors
Mann will move into 6 or 7 I hope.

Not sure why everyone has an obsession with Mann moving to the halves. He hasn't played there since juniors and that was years ago. I haven't seen a kicking game in him nor a creative side. He's played well on the wing and I'd suggest wing / centre is where he should be battling it out for a position.

If we don't sign a half surely Hutchinson would be given first crack next year.

BennyV

Referee
Not sure why everyone has an obsession with Mann moving to the halves. He hasn't played there since juniors and that was years ago. I haven't seen a kicking game in him nor a creative side. He's played well on the wing and I'd suggest wing / centre is where he should be battling it out for a position.

Played most of the year last year at 5/8 in QLD Cup. Killed it. Cant be worse than what we are dishing up.

emu62

Juniors

You could well be right but IMO its a bit hard to show whether you have creativity or a kicking game when you play on the wing

giboz71

First Grade
Simple really. Desperation. We can't sign a genuine half with McGregor as coach and there's no one else at the club.

Desperation indeed.

Seeing we have international halves who we pay though the nose for, yet we're hoping a back up winger who's played the position at reggies level will be our saviour.

Having said that, I agree Mann is a talent and should be in the 17 somewhere. If he can shine in the halves, so be it.

thebigredv

First Grade
I am going to say this again. Obviously we need some new players with strikepower and ability like McDonald (who would be a great recruit) but what does it actually matter until we have a coach.

It's a mess. By not getting in early and securing someone like Cleary, we, as a club, are digging a bigger and bigger hole for years to come. We are in for another half decade of pain.