What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Never again

Avenger

Immortal
No wonder they wanted to tear that joint down and replace it. I have never seen a ground age so badly than that POS stadium.

Gronk

Staff member
No wonder they wanted to tear that joint down and replace it. I have never seen a ground age so badly than that POS stadium.
Maybe it’s just the sheer size. Have you ever been to Wembley (90k) ? I wonder if the shit seats are just as bad ?

1664755014134.jpeg

King-Gutho94

Coach
Our record at Accor was shit this year.

3 absolute thumpings.

I don't think we were in any of those 3 games either from the opening whistle.

Avenger

Immortal
Our record at Accor was shit this year.

3 absolute thumpings.

I don't think we were in any of those 3 games either from the opening whistle.
Lost the GF in 2001, Then got smashed in the preliminary final in 2005. Lost in 2009. Then failed to show up last night. I made a promise to myself last night.

I don’t care if we are $1.01 favourites in a GF and the Australian Open moves there and Djoković is in the final followed by a World Cup game starring Serbia. I will never return to that toilet again.

When they tear down that shit hole I’ll celebrate it like an East German demolishing the Berlin Wall but I need to get in early and sacrifice a Portuguese chicken in the middle of the field first.

Jamberoo

Juniors
Agree the stadium is ordinary but if you are going to any event, anywhere in the world with 80k plus you are going to have to queue. I assume that they had a bunch of food trucks outside to help out?

Lost the GF in 2001, Then got smashed in the preliminary final in 2005. Lost in 2009. Then failed to show up last night. I made a promise to myself last night.

I don’t care if we are $1.01 favourites in a GF and the Australian Open moves there and Djoković is in the final followed by a World Cup game starring Serbia. I will never return to that toilet again.

When they tear down that shit hole I’ll celebrate it like an East German demolishing the Berlin Wall but I need to get in early and sacrifice a Portuguese chicken in the middle of the field first.
HAHAHAHHAHAHA

Chipmunk

Coach
Agree the stadium is ordinary but if you are going to any event, anywhere in the world with 80k plus you are going to have to queue. I assume that they had a bunch of food trucks outside to help out?
I actually ate outside before I went in. Very little queueing out there. I was surprised at the amount of people that go and get food and drink during the match.

Happy MEel

First Grade
Yeah its a unpleasant experience. The only upside was that I booked P3 parking and was out and home in 23 mins. George Castanza would be impressed anyway. I was making amazing time !

I enjoyed the Stone and Wood Green Coast something beer too.
They serve it at Commbank as well. It’s a midstrength but it’s alright.

TheParraboy

Staff member
I'm going there to watch Gun N Roses

Ground is pretty good when packed for the atmosphere, and that large screen at one end is insane

You never, ever queue up to buy food there , let alone when venue is sold out. Eat before hand, and /or you bring sandwiches/food with you

As for toilet break, If you need to go , go 10min before HT break. Unless your right up the top tier seating, dunnies aint too far away. There and back easily before the HT rush

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Like mostly everyone here I got sick of going to the place in 2017 and 2018 for home matches, I know it wasn't much choice but there's something about that place that lacks atmosphere. The viewing is terrible, paying ridiculous money just to see them look like ants.

The other night I didnt line up for too long getting food and beers but wasnt willing to spend too much on both. Perhaps I was in a good spot. Nowadays I dont get too drunk at the footy. Its usually pre and post game but its a bit hard with Accor, not many good bars around, compared to Allianz or Commbank.

In terms of Eels games there's so many occassions where we've been let down, I'm not sure why, do players get nervous playing there?

However the last good occassion I can remember there where I felt great being an Eels fan was definitely the preliminary final in 2009. I swear both sets of fans it was 50/50 but the loud cheering from both sides was created the atmosphere. I think it was around 75,000. Plus the win on the night was something I will never ever forget. Easily the best night as an Eels fan and only a premiership win will top that.