What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New AMNRL team announced...

tcc_dc

Juniors
Southhampton Dragons..

Will cautiously watch and hope it comes true...but have seen this before. Announced via Niu last night on Twitter

IowaRL

Juniors
New York, Teddy Grabowski seems to be the man in charge, he's been the NY College development officer for the last year for the AMNRL. No idea how many players, or any other info, just what I've heard from various sources.

druzik

Juniors
Is there still an AMNRL?

Where was this announcement made? The website is still down and also the WAR site is going belly up.

PacificCoastRL

Juniors
Does anyone know if this is an "expansion" team? Are all of last year's teams coming back? Or is Southampton just replacing someone?

IowaRL

Juniors
Does anyone know if this is an "expansion" team? Are all of last year's teams coming back? Or is Southampton just replacing someone?

With no AMNRL site it's hard to tell, but no team looked on the way out in the North East. Unless there has been a defection, I think they are new.

There is most definitly still an AMNRL.

The Dragons formally announced themselves as a team this morning on FB and twitter. We will see what happens from here. From what i gather, there are some aussies living in the hamptons who are forming the club. If this is to Happen i wish them all the best. growth is important for the game here.

Hellray

Juniors
Long Island.

Hopefully this is more successful than the Fairfield Crocs, or the Delaware Vipers, or the Atlanta Legion, or the AMNRL 'Pacific Conference'.

What happened to these teams? are they still in developmental stage or just scrapped after never getting off the ground?

IowaRL

Juniors
What happened to these teams? are they still in developmental stage or just scrapped after never getting off the ground?

Not sure what happened to the crocs, but over saturation may have played a part (like 3 clubs within spitting distance). Delaware Vipers seemed to be short of players and those that were there were absorbed by other teams. I think there was an issue with ground and local union teams in Atlanta (a lot of players in the AMNRL play both codes), and it never got off the ground. Pacific conference is Hawaii, and that seems to run separate now.

Evil Homer

Staff member
I think he summed it up best by saying you talk a lot about something you know little about
If you or any other AMNRL sympathizers/affiliates can come up with any coherent arguments against anything I've ever said regarding that organization, then please go right ahead. I'm still waiting.

Evil Homer

Staff member
When was the last time you watched an AMNRL match Evil Homer?
Totally irrelevant to anything. Please do not attempt to regurgitate this garbage that has been used before when people do not have any valid arguments against anything I have said, it's tiresome and makes you look like someone who is incapable of debate and knows that their position is wrong.

Last edited:

T Boone Pickens

Juniors
Totally irrelevant to anything. Please do not attempt to regurgitate this garbage that has been used before when people do not have any valid arguments against anything I have said, it's tiresome and makes you look like someone who is incapable of debate and knows that their position is wrong.

Asking a simple question does not make me anything. I'm just trying to understand your viewpoint a little better.

Also that specific question is not "totally irrelevant" or "garbage" by any means in relation to your arguments, but from your lack of a real response, I'm guessing the answer is no.

Evil Homer

Staff member
Asking a simple question does not make me anything. I'm just trying to understand your viewpoint a little better.

Also that specific question is not "totally irrelevant" or "garbage" by any means in relation to your arguments, but from your lack of a real response, I'm guessing the answer is no.
The answer is it's totally irrelevant, nothing I've said has made any reference to specific AMNRL matches or any AMNRL matches of any kind, whether or not I saw them is totally meaningless and a pretty pathetic diversionary tactic to avoid addressing the real issues at hand. You don't have to be personally involved to see that what is happening in the USA is wrong, and the fact that nobody who attempts to defend the AMNRL ever has any answers to any of my points and instead repeatedly attempts to undermine my personal credibility or take the debate in a different direction is testament to that.

If you want to debate my points, if you have any issues with anything I've said about the AMNRL or if I'm factually incorrect in some way because I 'haven't seen the matches' or 'don't live in the US' or whatever and thus do not have access to information that you do which invalidates my argument, then please go right ahead and share it.

Last edited:

Latest posts