What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New AMNRL team announced...

druzik

Juniors
Siv I think you have to be careful not to fall into the trap that one system fits all.

The way sport works in the UK, is not the way it will work in the USA or Australia and vice versa. Trying to apply the Australian way in the USA will most definitely not work.

The USA has to find its own way of developing the sport, be it top down or bottom up, targeting ex-college players or building from scratch. What ever it is ity needs to be an American system.

One of the struggles of the sport in the USA so far has been that an Australian system HAS been applied... and its struggled.

We now have seen in two years with the split that both the sport has been forced to do things differently to grow.

IowaRL

By FG team I mean a team playing in the national league

OzTag is extremely popular non contact version of the sport. Where guys and girls can play with say 7 to 13 players and you can play on half fields

Kids in Australia play this form over summer and is perfect for a school v school format.

Sell it to kids by saying it helps their running back ability

PacificCoastRL

Juniors
This a Rugby Union 7s comp
Yeah, I know that siv. Grand Prix Rugby and their spokesman Bill Tatham had reportedly been in talks with the AMNRL about some future ventures. Unfortunately things have fallen apart in their talks. Many were skeptical of Grand Prix and Tatham. I was just bringing this to everyone's attention. It looks as though Grand Prix is a legitimate enterprise, unfortunately some opportunities may have slipped away for rugby league in the States because of the problems Grand Prix and the AMNRL encountered.

The Great Dane

First Grade
The amnrl is now managed by people promoting union?

Bit of a strange call??

I tend to agree with this, anytime that anything remotely like this has happened (RU in a position of great power), RL has been badly damaged in that country.

I know that I am sort of jumping to conclusions, but I don't think this will end well for the AMNRL and history agrees with me.

gyallop

Juniors
has anyone looked at that Grand Prix 7s site lately? It originally named the national unions as playing which I thought was odd given the HSBC 7s. It now says Invited Teams and lists the national unions.
Grand Prix are selling tickets to an event with no confirmed teams but having punters believe the national teams are playing???
Has anyone bought tickets, curious if there is a refund policy if cancelled as it smells like a try on , see if they can sell enough tickets to run it cancel if not.

PacificCoastRL

Juniors
has anyone looked at that Grand Prix 7s site lately? It originally named the national unions as playing which I thought was odd given the HSBC 7s. It now says Invited Teams and lists the national unions.
Grand Prix are selling tickets to an event with no confirmed teams but having punters believe the national teams are playing???
Has anyone bought tickets, curious if there is a refund policy if cancelled as it smells like a try on , see if they can sell enough tickets to run it cancel if not.
I never once had the impression that this tournament was going to have national teams. Right from the beginning Grand Prix said that teams would be coming from rugby union playing countries. I'm sure there was some spinning that may have led some people to believe that national teams were coming, but I don't think they ever said that was indeed the case.

gyallop

Juniors
They had from memory a heading Teams then what they still have under Invited Teams national flags and the websites for national unions.....that isnt spin thats deception even the way it is now, in Australia our ACCC would have already had them nut kicked in court under our consumer protection laws..probably with a fine to match the prizemoney!

Latest posts