What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Boomers Team

matt_shorrock

Juniors
Who would be in your boomers squad (10 man) now that Brian Gorjian is coach?
heres mine:

Paul Rogers
Ben Melmeth
Matt Neilson
Shane Heal
Brett Maher
Glen Saville
Derek Moore
Ben Knight
Simon Kerle
Frank Drmic
Jason Smith
Sam Mackinnon

O

ozbash

hmmmmmm,, time for a bit of good,old fashioned restructuring after we (the tall blacks) kicked your arses.
wonders will never cease.....

CarltonChick

Juniors
I am so happy that Gorjy got the coaching position, he is a fantastic coach!!
My pick would be:
Not in order:
Shane Heal
Lanard Copeland
Mark Bradtke (even though I hate the wanker)
Willie Farley
Jason Smith
Darryl McDonald
James Harvey
Brett Maher
Derek Rucker
Andrew Gaze (as much as i f**kin hate this gay trackhead)

C

CanadianSteve

Why have I heard of Shane Heal and Mark Bradtke? Did they play in US college ball or the NBA?
I do know of Andrew Gaze. Why do you hate him, isn't he an Aussie legend? Also, does he still play in the NBL or is he retired?

Heal played with the Timberwolves, Bradtke played with Philadelphia from memory. Also, Gaze won a ring with the Spurs.

Gaze still plays with the Melbourne Tigers in the NBL, although he is injured @ the moment. He is an alltime legend, and i have no idea why CC doesn't like him.

Longley is probably our most successful export ever to the states. Hewon three rings with the Bulls and was good mates with Jordan,Rodman etc etc....Our worst export?? Chris Anstey. This guy was terrible, had a body frame like Shawn Bradley, which hardly stacks up when u come up against 7ft giants with the bulk of Shaq...

My team??? Ummm...ill go for

1.Andrew Gaze (still good enough)
2.Derek Rucker
3.Sam McKinnon (when he comes back)
4.Aaron Trahair
5.Paul Rogers
6.Matt Neilsen
7.Frank Drmic
8.Ben Melmeth
9.Jason Smith
10.Daryll McDonald

Moffo.

CarltonChick

Juniors
I dont like Andrew Gaze because I think he is very overated!! He will retire soon, because he is too old, and he will keep getting injured! hahaha GO TITANS!! Now Jason Smith!! I think he is very underated!!

CarltonChick

Juniors
I also think Chris Anstey is very underated!! I mean, hehas played in the States and they don't notice him as much as Gaze has been noticed!!

ezz

Juniors
This should be the new Boomers squad, I reckon!! And coz you "Shifty" had a 12 man squad, so am I!!
Jason Smith
James Harvey
Simon Kerle
Darryl McDonald
Shane Heal
Chris Anstey
Brett Maher
Tony Ronaldson
Frank Drmic
Sam McKinnon
Paul Rogers
Matt Nielson

The captain should be Chris Anstey!!!

Who thinks that Simon Kerle should have been in the Boomers team before?!!! He plays off in the Italian league off season, and that is one of the best leagues in the world!!!

You are entitled to 12 players on an international basketball side.

Typical rosters are 2 of each position + a guy who can play both forwardand centre, and depending on the quality of your PG's, a 3rd PG, or a swingman. For Australia then I believe this should be the next boomers line up

PG: Shane Heal
PG: Ricky Grace
SG: Jason Smith
SG: James Harvey
Swingman: Sam McKinnon
SF: Martin Cattalini
SF: Glen Saville
PF: Matt Nielsen
PF: Ben Melmeth
PF/C: Paul Rogers
C: David Andersen
C: Chris Anstey