What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Campain

gunnamatta bay

Referee
Rugby has not got a salary cap. Therefore Rogers will not return in the foreseeable future.
(southern districts, nsw and the wallabies and endorsements and a bit of ghostwriting helps pay the foodbill)

beerboy

Juniors
Rustay said:
Back on topic for a sec....

Matty was my favourite Sharks player and now he is my favourite wallaby too. Union and League are my two favourite sports because they are so similar, yet so different (if ya know what i mean), so either way i will be happy where he plays. I would love to see him at the Sharks again and i am sure he would be brilliant... its like falling off a bike, he could get back on. However, if he doesn't come back to the Sharks then i can still enjoy his brilliance with the Wallabies and NSW. So it all works out for me i guess :D

Go Mat!

ditto
actually id say his my favourite player both codes

this is my opinion on Union
ive played it for last 7yrs i found its a better game to play
but League is far better to watch
Union can pull off some great games, but some shockers, but League is more consistantly good

and i love the Sharks more than other sporting team
in front of the Wallabies
Randwick Union
Waratahs
and the Sydney Kings

ali

Bench
Don Juan de Lotto said:
The World Cup final was equivalent to the Kangaroos tour.

Well general consensus seems to be that the final was extremely boring (amongst league lovers) so I'd have to concur

Does anyone realy care about the Kangaroo tour?

I watched all 3 games and they were all crackers. Edge of the seat action a plenty. As much as I love the Sharks, I long for the day when International League is hyped up half as much as the Union. The only thing the Union World Cup proved is that if you have the money, its easy to buy the media and convince the public your dud product is worth buying. I just wish "cash for comment apllied" to the print media aswell, as there would be a lot of jounos in serious trouble. Matt Horan in the Tele to name one.

I don't follow sport looking for percieved events. I like to watch sport for the quality on the pitch. I wouldn't care if I was the only bloke in the world who saw the Roo tour. That definately wouldn't stop me watching it.

Mate I think you've been spending too much time with the toffs in London.

As for Rogers, I'd like him back, and I think we are a better than even chance with Raper now in charge.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Just to clear it up
I find union frustrating, not boring. I do not refer to it as yawnion but kickby. Like seriously why did England win? They outplayed and out kicked France - The frog kicker choked, but the Poms would have won.
Australian out kicked the AB's, played great etc, but the AB's kicker missed too many. England out kicked Australia, they have the best kicker they won. Running Rugby pffffffft.
All I see is a load of potential tied down by sheer numbers and rewards in breaking down the play. League has its own gang tackle issues. One of the few things even Bennett and Wok agree on.
The boys keep getting bigger but the field doesn't.

Also the union / league supporters.
Do you really care if the 'tahs win the Super 12 (got to beat the reds naturally)- of course compared to a Sharks Premiership. A no boner no doubt :)

Mr Angry said:
Also the union / league supporters.
Do you really care if the 'tahs win the Super 12 (got to beat the reds naturally)- of course compared to a Sharks Premiership. A no boner no doubt :)

I'd take a Sharks premiership over a Waratahs S12.

(Just don't ask me about an Ulster Heineken Cup win :lol: ).

beerboy

Juniors
i would probably trade wins against Roosters, Panthers, Broncos & Dogs in regular season compared to a Tahs Super12 Prem.
may i add i do really like the Tahs as well