What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Forum Layout

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
There is no link at the top of the page with the forum you are in.

You go into a thread but the top doesn't have the eels forum link.

You have select that "arrow" to go back to the forum.

Maybe I am missing something.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Actually it does, it just depends which way you are viewing screen on your phone if you can see it .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Above the thread title itself should be the nav for the forum:

Home > Forums > Rugby League - Australia > Parramatta Eels

Worst case - you should be able to tap that little pop out button under your name which brings up a full forum list and defaults the view to the current forum

Suitman

Post Whore
I'm not having any trouble using the new forum on my phone but my PC refuses to load LU at all. Just keep getting the message ''Hmm,we can't reach this page". Browser is IE.

skeepe

Immortal
Apologies for intruding into the Eels forum but this seems as good a place as any...

I've noticed some of the ads at the top of the page on mobile view are breaking out of their container and increasing the page width, meaning I end up scrolling the posts off screen and have to scroll left again to get them back. A minor annoyance but thought I'd raise it.

Also it looks awful on an iPhone 5 in Safari. The dark blue div at the top appears to be too small for its contents, as the username, alerts and messages links appear over the shadow effect, same for the search bar.

Then there's the login screen, the labels are way too narrow for where they are supposed to go, resulting in this:

Your
name
or
email
addre
ss:

Do
you
alread
y
have
an
accou
nt?

It just seems like the mobile view isn't quite right, like it might have been optimised for the larger smartphones while forgetting the slightly smaller ones. I would go as far as to say it's borderline unusable.

Like the change overall, on an iPad or PC it looks amazing, but the mobile view is a big swing and a miss IMO.

Timmah

Staff member
Feedback from the top was that the first order of business was the desktop friendliness. Plenty of improvements to mobile over the coming days so keep an eye out :cool:

skeepe

Immortal
Screenshots always tell a better story.

This one the ad doesn't break its container, just looks strange. Also, the thread title is covering the breadcrumbs:image.png

Login screen:
image.png

User menu display, extra white space between header and next section (also advertisement)
image.png

Advertisement breaking its container:image.png

strider

Post Whore
Green dot is the same as the orange square from the old forum. It takes you to the last unread post for each thread.

So it seems that BOTH the green dot and the thread title link to the first unread post (IF there are unread posts for you in the thread)

It seems if you click the time of the last post (under the last posters name on the RHS) it links you to that post (via a redirect - but you get there)

skeepe

Immortal
No worries Twizzle, started doing the screenshots before I saw Timmah's post, understand that there are always bugs to be worked out with these sorts of things.

i was looking at the little profile pic on the top right and it said i have 10,150 messages (10151 counting this one) and 36 points are these like qantas points or have i made a valid point 36 times (which is a fair average for me)

bartman

Immortal
i was looking at the little profile pic on the top right and it said i have 10,150 messages (10151 counting this one) and 36 points are these like qantas points or have i made a valid point 36 times (which is a fair average for me)
They are points from your awards or trophies (see your alerts). The first time someone likes one of your posts it should go up by 2 points.

Timmah

Staff member
It's not but it's handy advice. IE is so far behind the times it's ridiculous.

I've notified Coby about it anyway - is it still happening?