What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Jersey for CS

Bring back choc

Juniors
It aint that bad.... i bet you it sells well with fans.
Money making tactic? I think it will work. Similar to Dells STGI hoody.

morris_magic

Juniors
looks more like this
Malaysia+XI+v+Manchester+United+UBFtuaZFhIHl.jpg

stg666

Juniors
YUK, the seppo skater from the olympics must have had some [input] somehow. not on my shopping list for this season.

The Nick

Bench
WTF is THAT!?! I'm not usually one to bag the jerseys, and I even liked the red rag the last few years, but these Reebok attempts are just plain F*CKED!!! Apart from the geniused colour scheme on this piece of sh!t, the geniused collar they got on all the jerseys makes absolutely no sense to me...

I usually buy at least one jersey every year, but I won't be bothering wasting my money this year. Doust, that's $150 the club WON'T be getting this year. Dickhead.

Wobbygong

First Grade
The daily tabloid has managed to make a story out it, what would they do without the wonderfully passionate fans on this forum?

RedVDave

First Grade
Outrage as Dragons ditch traditional jersey for Charity Shield

IT IS the most recognised rugby league jersey in the world, but the Dragons' famous red V is about to be on charcoal instead of white - and the club's diehard fans are outraged.
Some of the game's greatest players have spilt blood on the club's jumper, but 89 years of history will be tossed out the window for one night when the Dragons take the field tomorrow night at ANZ Stadium for the Charity Shield against Souths.

The club last night defended the controversial change, saying it would help raise money for the St George and Wollongong Hospitals.

But Dragons legend Graeme Langlands last night said he was aghast with the charcoal jersey, modelled right by Beau Scott.

"Why would they want to mess with tradition? That jumper is renowned around the world," he said. "We won 11 Grand Finals in a row.
"Why would you want to change anything?" Langlands asked.

"I know the red V is still on the jersey, but it's always been on the white. Black just isn't the same."

Red V members, who were emailed a photo of the grey jersey, produced by new supplier Reebok, expressed their anger via online forums.

One disgruntled fan said: "We look like Essendon."

Another wrote: "Very ordinary. The only positive I can see is that they only have to wear this thing once!"

Not everybody, however, was upset by the one-off model that will be auctioned to raise money for St George and Wollongong hospitals. Another Dragons Immortal, Johnny Raper, supported the new-look jersey to be worn tomorrow night.

"I'm not disappointed, I guess it just shows St George are living with the times and, if it's something for charity, I fully agree with it," Raper said. "I love the Saints, they've always been creative when it comes to attracting people and money and I'm fully in favour of this."

Club officials last night defended the strip and said: "The Charity Shield always presents us with a unique opportunity to try something different.

"The grey also coordinates with our training merchandise."

Meanwhile, Raiders chief executive Don Furner said he would be more than happy for Fox Sports and Rugby League Summertime's host and producer David Tapp to make his way to the nation's capital after the Dragons snubbed an episode dedicated to the red and whites.

The Dragons were the only Sydney club to snub the program, as reported in yesterday's The Daily Telegraph, with fans denied an inside view of the joint-venture club's pre-season.

"The Raiders are always more than happy to try and get publicity for the club and would love to have the chance to feature on the show," Furner said.

"If there's a spot still available for the show before the pre-season starts then we'll take it."

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...tion-for-charity/story-e6frexnr-1225834516009

OurRedV

Juniors
I don't get it, is it because of the V ? I mean every year we have outrageous charity shield jerseys.

RedVDave

First Grade
I don't get it, is it because of the V ? I mean every year we have outrageous charity shield jerseys.

True, but every previous year they have had our traditional team colours red and white, this black crap is terrible we look like Nth Syd FFS and that's not a good thing!

God-King Dean

Immortal
One disgruntled fan said: "We look like Essendon."

Another wrote: "Very ordinary. The only positive I can see is that they only have to wear this thing once!"

watatank said:
We look like Essendon

Wobbygong said:
The only positive I can see is that they only have to wear this thing ONCE!!!!

Latest posts