What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New logo & rebrand?

dannlarusso

Juniors
Just curious to find what you all think would make a good logo/shield since I think besides the Roosters, the Sharks could do with a logo update to bring it out of what I believe looks like a very solidly "2005" style logo, especially with the font.

Would you be opposed to a Rabbitohs/Phins/Panthers style word-less 'icon' logo?
Would you just revert back to a period logo you have nostalgia for?
or
Something totally different? What are the mandatories? Is having "CRONULLA-SUTHERLAND" mentioned, the foundation year or the "SHARKS" wordmark required in your eyes?

images

leave traditional emblems for heritage jersey's and do them properly each year.
jerseys with stitched patches not sublimated prints.

bluefox68

Staff member
I like the black one, although adding an ‘S’ on the end would be better.

The 1st one is too smiley, the third too child-friendly…

Good work, Birdee…

toomuchsoup

Juniors
I think a combo of the current and the classic circle could be cool. Something like thisIMG_7218.jpeg
I go back and forth with my opinion on the current logo. It is as you said ‘very 2005-ish’ but it’s a very good ‘2005-ish’. I worry that with the minimalistic trend of late that they’d f**k it up and we’ll get something goofy like what the Raiders are going to have from next year

edit: a more traditional Cronulla blue Untitled design - 1.png

I like the black one, although adding an ‘S’ on the end would be better.

The 1st one is too smiley, the third too child-friendly…

Good work, Birdee…
Just some ideas.
I think we are in need of a change for something more marketable.
Panthers did it and now have a strong sense of brand.

Craigshark

First Grade
I think a combo of the current and the classic circle could be cool. Something like thisView attachment 78161
I go back and forth with my opinion on the current logo. It is as you said ‘very 2005-ish’ but it’s a very good ‘2005-ish’. I worry that with the minimalistic trend of late that they’d f**k it up and we’ll get something goofy like what the Raiders are going to have from next year

edit: a more traditional Cronulla blue View attachment 78162

I like the second one here. Would like the “sharks” to be a bit bigger and bolder at the bottom maybe. I agree, that it’s a bit like be careful what you wish for. The current one isn’t perfect but has been around a long time now and isn’t really that bad. I reckon they’d f**k it up if they did a new one.

shadowboxer

First Grade
I think a combo of the current and the classic circle could be cool. Something like thisView attachment 78161

edit: a more traditional Cronulla blue View attachment 78162
The second one does justice across the board. End of the day, I would like to revert to the original logo, but completely get that it’s not for 2023 and beyond.
I was unaware of the raiders change to logo - and it has all the appeal of the clap, the raiders clap that is