What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New look RLIF

thommo4pm

Coach
That is a massive improvement on the old site.
Good to see explanations surrounding how the teams are ranked and actual points awarded to each nation.

They have also listed the test nations...now we need the RLIF to enforce that all these test nations play each other over a 3-5 year cycle.

The site is much better then the previous one they had going. Well done. :D

Sam_the_man

First Grade
But on the front page or the main page as you might call it...they have yet to update it.
Thats where most people are going to look.
It is looking good though however so well done to them so far.

screeny

Bench
Well done the RLIF and especially about the rankings, although if I'm being an arch-pedant Serbia & Montenegro no longer exists.

Also, the nations at the bottom I'm prepared to give benefit of the doubt about, but on another thread I heard the Estonians talking about Latvia, who aren't on the list, so it would appear that there is more going on than meets the eye.

Arucard

Juniors
Looking very good!

Ranked 28th, right now we know where we stand, can only go up from here.... we hope.

deluded pom?

Coach
Bearing in mind the fact that we hate the RU BS about how many nations play their game how the hell can we include teams like Norway, who to my knowledge only have a presence in one primary school, and the Ivory Coast? I've yet to see any report of RL activity in the Ivory Coast.

Mr_Ugly

Juniors
Arucard said:
Looking very good!

Ranked 28th, right now we know where we stand, can only go up from here.... we hope.

I see Japan are coming out for the Orara Valley 7s again this year.

I had a look at the Japanese website, and it looked as though there were a couple of union players and a gridiron player in the side which unfortunately doesn't bode too well for improving the ranking.

deluded pom? said:
Bearing in mind the fact that we hate the RU BS about how many nations play their game how the hell can we include teams like Norway, who to my knowledge only have a presence in one primary school...

Not meaning to take anything away from Joestin's hard work, but I believe that what they actually have is 3 a side tag footy played mostly by girls on a basketball court in one primary school!

deluded pom?

Coach
Mr_Ugly said:
Not meaning to take anything away from Joestin's hard work, but I believe that what they actually have is 3 a side tag footy played mostly by girls on a basketball court in one primary school!

Again I don't want to deride Joestin for his sterling work at his school but does this mean that if we can get two Innuits to throw a ball around we can claim Greenland as a RL playing nation? I hate it when RU claim their game is played worldwide as if there are any one of a hundred countries that can win the RUWC, when in fact only three or four (five at a stretch) will EVER win it.I just hope we aren't going down the same path. We've seen before, especially here in the U.K., how the media with their RU bias can ridicule RL. They never need ammunition to put RL down so I'd hate it if we were to give them a reason to do it.

deluded pom?

Coach
How can we have a rating system based on results when hardly anyone on the list bar the TN and France,Wales,Scotland and Ireland play a meaningful international game? When was the last time PNG played a Test? I read recently that they have only played one Test since the last WC. That is scandalous for a country that has RL as it's national game.How do we rate Ireland when they effectively have a two tier international set up?

bartman

Immortal
Glad it's moving forward and getting updated again at least.

Was a bit discouraging to see the front page for the past two months still have a story about GB naming their squad for their final Tri-nats match...

bowes

Juniors
They should get Ivory Coast, Sweden, Norway, Tuvalu and probably Canada off (Canada had two regional 9s leagues in 2003 but NOTHING since, although they were considering coming back with US based players so if they do they have as much right as Italy etc to be listed).

bowes

Juniors
They should get Ivory Coast, Sweden, Norway, Tuvalu and probably Canada off (Canada had two regional 9s leagues in 2003 but NOTHING since, although they were considering coming back with US based players so if they do they have as much right as Italy etc to be listed).

Also haven't Argentina, New Caledonia and the Netherlands stopped?

deluded pom?

Coach
Having PM'd Yanto he told me that he would be carrying on domestically with the NNRLB. Whether that allows them to be listed by the RLIF after being dropped by the RLEF is anyone's guess.

deluded pom?

Coach
By the way, where's Tuvalu? A PI I assume but I can honestly say that I have never heard of it before logging on to the RLIF site. All Tuvaluans please excuse my ignorance :oops:

screeny

Bench
deluded pom? said:
How can we have a rating system based on results when hardly anyone on the list bar the TN and France,Wales,Scotland and Ireland play a meaningful international game? When was the last time PNG played a Test? I read recently that they have only played one Test since the last WC. That is scandalous for a country that has RL as it's national game.How do we rate Ireland when they effectively have a two tier international set up?

You rate Ireland on its national team, quite simply. You don't rate England on what the Lionhearts are doing, you rate the country on the national team.

Agree about PNG - scandalous.

bowes

Juniors
deluded pom? said:
By the way, where's Tuvalu? A PI I assume but I can honestly say that I have never heard of it before logging on to the RLIF site. All Tuvaluans please excuse my ignorance :oops:
It's a pacific island but other than that not sure. Think it's a NZ dependency but may be wrong. Either way if there's a national team I doubt they have players in the country.

Latest posts