What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Merger For the Jets

No way, no how.

We might become someone's official Premier League, but a merger? Never.

What source are you getting this from, pray tell?

Regards,
TDT-1

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No merger, no way, never.

I can cope Newtown being a "feeder club" but if they merge, they they can go and get stuffed!

How about the Wests Tigers-Jets? Newtown Bulldogs? Sydney City Jets? South Newtown Rabbitohs? North Sydney Jets? Central Coast Jets? Newtown Western Red Jets? Finally.... Adelaide Ram Jets??

Dragon21

Juniors
Ok, It may not be a "Merger" as such, but they will be the new feeder club for someone.. And not like the past..
Its a more stern relationship, with Permier league, and Jim Beam Cup taken from both clubs.
Jets name will remain.

I tihnk it is a merger actually.. Not sure

Craigshark

First Grade
Its a Feeder Club.. Like will be the clubs Premier League, Jim Beam Cup side.. And the club is the Sharks..

Dragon21

Juniors
My source is alot more reliable then a "forium"...
Not sure if its exactly a "merge",or more of a new feeder (but its more than a feeder!)..

Jets name and tradition will stay

Then don't say "merge", then. We won't be "merging" with the Sharks any more than we "merged" with the Warriors and the Mixos when we were a feeder to those two.

Correct terminology is vitally important if you don't want to spread panic unnecessarily.

Regards,
TDT-1

But the question remains "Dragon21"... How do you know so much about it? You cannot be serious in saying that you got this news on a Cronulla forum and you are the only one to post something on the Jets forum?????

Time for some honesty, for the sake of the Jets fans me thinks.......

Dragon21

Juniors
IM sorry.. I cant say were I got this info from.. All I know, is that its up to the league for approval now. (i.e. Its been signed by both Sharsk and Newtown bosses, or nearlly signed)..

This has been done, to get the JETS name back into the mix of NRL clubs, which they have been striving to do for a long time.
It has also been done, to give the opportunity for some players to play First Grade.

Dragon21

Juniors
Again, im not sure if its a "merger" as such..
Probably more so, that Sharkies who dont play 1st grade, will play PL with the Jets..
So in hindsight, there is a merger in the lower grades

Bluebag

Juniors
Let me repeat that Newtown will only play football under the name of Newtown Jets and in its traditional jersey.

Latest posts