What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New NRL.com hard to use

NRL.com - rate it on the 2005 version

• Total voters

Mr Saab

Referee
what does NRL.com have that warrants regular visits. For league info i come here, listen to the radio or watch Fox/free to air.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Mr Saab said:
what does NRL.com have that warrants regular visits. For league info i come here, listen to the radio or watch Fox/free to air.

not much
the only time i used NRL last year was the video section
and for player stats on the game, when determining my 3-2-1 for the Raider Fans POTY comp

Paullyboy

Coach
When they have their comprehensive live stats it will be worth viewing, but untill that time it really offers nothing but an overdose of colour and flash.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
All will be good once the season gets underway. Expecting these features before the season starts is ridiculous. That said - it's silly that the matches this week aren't posted or viewable from the main page.

miccle

Bench
IMO the NRL website has pretty much gone downhill every year for the past 3-4 season. I'm not surprised about the new layout, but it's frustrating.

Azkatro

First Grade
Haha that Rleague redesign is a crackup ... 3 years of planning he reckons and the best he could come up with is a home page with more sh*t all over the place than in a padded cell :lol:

Timmah

Staff member
I found the new Rleague absolutely TERRIBLE to navigate. Only four options from the main page? Even NRL.com sh*ts all over it.

Full of content but you have to find it first - and most of it has doubled up too :lol:

V Disappointing!

McLovin

Staff member
At least the info and teams are there. A few links will fix that problem up...

The_General

Juniors
dodge said:
I found the new Rleague absolutely TERRIBLE to navigate. Only four options from the main page? Even NRL.com sh*ts all over it.

Full of content but you have to find it first - and most of it has doubled up too :lol:

V Disappointing!

Agreed!

Timmah

Staff member
NRL.com appears to have gone ahead with it's full layout tonight - check it out. Excellent IMO, although non-BB users will suffer.

raidersforme

Juniors
too much flash not enough plan info has got a long way to many adverts and cross promos not enough real info on home page got to look everywhere for it also news can be very slow to appear and is backdated when appears you would think they can handle this properly it is there sport after all

btw has anyone seen judiciary (info needed) from who us or the person entering it in this shows lack of (skill, training or enthusiasim) for site by operators

Regards

*Paul*

Juniors
I actually kind of like the Flash console thingy. Once it's loaded , pretty snappy, if a little small.

bartman

Immortal
The match console is an improvement over what was there, which was nothing!

Still think it should be tall enough so you don't have to scroll all the time to see the players named in each team, but... meh?

Timmah

Staff member
Then it wouldn't fit on people who have 800 x 600 screen res.

bartman

Immortal
Maybe... but last year's pop-up had all the player names visible, and fitted in 800x600. If they shrink their header a bit, everyone could be happy?

But... *shrugs*.

Azkatro

First Grade
I reckon the console is magic. Nothing worse than looking around and waiting for page reloads, the old site was pretty bloated in that regard and very sluggish to work with. This solves that problem.

Latest posts