What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Partnership For Wests Tigers, Tigers Airways Australia

Joe's Magpies

Juniors
THE SKY’S THE LIMIT FOR WESTS TIGERS
Thursday, July 02, 2009
Wests Tigers is pleased to announce an exciting new partnership with Tiger Airways Australia .
Tiger Airways Australia today will officially launch its new Sydney to Melbourne route.
Wests Tigers players Chris Heighington, Keith Galloway, Dean Collis, Lio Vaiga, Dean Webster and Neccrom Areaiiti are set to haul the aircraft making the inaugural flight to Sydney out of the hangar at Melbourne Airport ahead of its 713 kilometre journey.
They will be joined by Tigers players Lee Bennett, Steve Moses, Jared Farlow and Luke Ackroyd for the plane hauling activity in Melbourne.
Brett Clarke, Wests Tigers General Manager of Sales and Marketing, said the club was delighted to have Tiger Airways join the Wests Tigers family.
“Tiger Airways are a strong brand who is the fastest growing in the Australian airline industry and we are looking forward to assisting them in achieving further growth,’’ Clarke said.
“There are obvious synergies between our two brands, however it is a great endorsement for Wests Tigers that Tiger Airways have identified our brand as the leader in our market.
“We unashamedly boast the highest crowds in Sydney for the past three seasons, the highest away crowds across the NRL last season, and Roy Morgan research shows we have the third largest supporter base in the game behind one-team one-town clubs in Brisbane and Melbourne.
“We are more than willing to provide Tiger Airways with this fantastic audience.
“Not only will our members and fans be able to travel for less and to convenient airport locations, they will also be able to support our club airline partner in the process.
“Whilst this initial sponsorship is for the remainder of 2009, we are already in the process of working on a partnership that will see this relationship foster in 2010 and beyond.’’
Tiger Airways Managing Director, Shelley Roberts, said the company was about providing a great service for travellers.
“Tiger Airways’ rapid expansion across Australia is very exciting as not only are we able to offer travellers the lowest fares on the world’s third busiest route, but we’re creating jobs in both cities,” Shelley Roberts said.
From Friday, up to four daily services will run between Sydney and Melbourne, from $39 (one way, including tax and charges).

“Our expansion into this route is in response to overwhelming customer feedback in both cities. Now we are bringing real competition to this incredibly popular route,” Roberts said.
“We are the first true low cost carrier to fly between Sydney’s Kingsford Smith airport and Tullamarine in Melbourne – so not only is it cheap to fly with Tiger, but it’s extremely convenient.
Minister for Tourism Jodi McKay said the new service will create an additional 20 jobs for ground-staff and have the potential to bring an additional 250,000 domestic visitors to the State each year.
“There has never been a better time to holiday in NSW and Tiger’s new low-cost fares will make it even easier for visitors from Victoria to spend some quality time in NSW and discover all that our State has to offer,” Ms McKay said.
“Tiger’s commitment is great news for the NSW tourism industry and the creation of additional jobs is very welcome given the current economic downturn.”
The CEO of Sydney Airport, Russell Balding, said the arrival of Tiger Airways is great news for Sydney and a vote of confidence in the future development of Sydney Airport.
“This is another win for Sydney as Tiger Airways continues to grow the air travel market. Sydney is Australia’s biggest tourist attraction and the extra choice Tiger Airways provides will give people from Melbourne an extra reason to visit Sydney.
To celebrate, and in a show of brute football force, Wests Tigers players will attempt to haul a Tiger Airways A320 plane out of the hangar at John Holland Aviation Services (Melbourne Airport) and into position on the tarmac before departing for Sydney.
The Wests Tigers players will be on the first ever flight out from Melbourne to Sydney.
“The aircraft weighs over 70 tonnes and this is a huge challenge for the big boys of rugby league to attempt to move – maybe our Tiger aircraft will come out toughest of all on the day,” Roberts said.
Key facts:
• Up to four flights daily between both destinations, from $39 (one way, including tax and charges)
• Up to 500,000 additional visitors seats annually between the two destinations.
• In 2009, Tiger has already grown by 50 per cent with two new aircraft, the launch of a second base in Adelaide and 6 new routes.
• With the addition of Sydney to Melbourne (and the new Sydney to Adelaide route commencing 31 July 2090), Tiger will offer 17 routes around the country and will fly into every State in Australia.
• Tiger Airways is the fastest growing airline in Australia today and has carried over two million passengers around Australia since launching operations in November 2007.
• Tiger Airways employs more than two hundred people in Australia including 115 cabin crew and 66 pilots and a further 200 people through ground handling and maintenance partnerships.
• Tiger Airways will also launch a Sydney to Adelaide route at the end of this month (31 July 2009).

Source: Weststigers.com.au

Juniors
i could be reading this wrong but Chris Heighington, Keith Galloway and Dean Collis will 'Haul the aircraft out of the hanger' ??????????

are these the same Chris Heighington, Keith Galloway and Dean Collis that are injured??

macnaz

Staff member
yeah well done tigers marketing, not an easy coup in the current economic climate and also our on field performances would have made it harder.

Lol at Angry sharks sig.

nyx

Juniors
Great stuff from the club :clap: Well done to all involved.

It would be great if they reaplaced Proton as the main Jersey sponsor.
That would make an awesome jersey.

Now we just need to work on Tiger Beer :cool:

Forth & Clyde

Juniors
“We unashamedly boast the highest crowds in Sydney for the past three seasons, the highest away crowds across the NRL last season, and Roy Morgan research shows we have the third largest supporter base in the game behind one-team one-town clubs in Brisbane and Melbourne"

Well Mr Clarke, might I respectfully suggest that you and the newly appointed Mr Humphries enable a plan that might just see the Club maintain that outstanding support you speak of. I wouldn't like to think that any of the strategies that you've employed over the last four seasons is in any way responsible for the loyalty that those 1000's of fans continue to display. If the brand diminishes it will be no ones fault but the Club's. Call me a cynic, but the culture on the Balmain side of things has not changed in more than forty years. You perpetuate the same behaviours year in, year out.

youngun

Juniors
Great news for the club and it is something that the great guys in the Sponsorship Department have been working on for the past 2 years when it was apparent that Tiger Airways were in fact coming to Australia.

There was an initial pitch to the airline for a joint partnership with the Richmond Tigers but it appears we are now a stand alone partner which is a much more suitable mix for us.

pappy fritz

Juniors
i could be reading this wrong but Chris Heighington, Keith Galloway and Dean Collis will 'Haul the aircraft out of the hanger' ??????????

are these the same Chris Heighington, Keith Galloway and Dean Collis that are injured??
Yes.. but its all up in the air at the moment.:lol:

innsaneink

Referee
Great news for the club and it is something that the great guys in the Sponsorship Department have been working on for the past 2 years when it was apparent that Tiger Airways were in fact coming to Australia.

There was an initial pitch to the airline for a joint partnership with the Richmond Tigers but it appears we are now a stand alone partner which is a much more suitable mix for us.

So we targetted them?
All becuase they have a Tiger as their logo?

Forgive me if i'm wrong, but a convenient name/brand/logo/colours should be the last thing we look to for sponsordship....seems a bit like someone buying a car because its a ncie colour.

Saints & St George bank are one thing...this just seems a bit too convenient to me.
Why didnt we get QANTAS?

Once Dead

Bench
So we targetted them?

Forgive me if i'm wrong, but a convenient name/brand/logo/colours should be the last thing we look to for sponsordship....seems a bit like someone buying a car because its a ncie colour.

Saints & St George bank are one thing...this just seems a bit too convenient to me.
Why didnt we get QANTAS?

Qantas is above the level of any domestic team. Try the Socceroos or the Wallabies and you'll have them listening.

Sponsorship is a good thing. Think about Jetstar for the Titans.

pappy fritz

Juniors
So we targetted them?

Why didnt we get QANTAS?
Maybe "White Knuckle Airlines " would be more suitable for us. :eek:

N.C.

Juniors
Maybe "White Knuckle Airlines " would be more suitable for us. :eek:

Tiger airlines could very easily get away with that name. Ever flown Tiger? Last time I did they rolled two flights into one, leaving people stranded, or sitting around for hours on end. Let me tell you, they don't have a very comfortable transit lounge.

They are a good fit for our club. A second rate, cut price option - for those who like to fly but don't like paying full price... only to find that it sends you broke due to all the hidden fees anyway.

youngun

Juniors
So we targetted them?

Why didnt we get QANTAS?

So let me get this straight...the marketing department lures an internatinal company launching in Australia as a sponsor with obvious synergies between the entities and you can only make a cynical comment about it :crazy:

Please tell me what is so "convenient" about it and why announcing a new sponsor, albeit with the same logo and branding is not something to be happy about??

macnaz

Staff member
Has anyone been watching that airport show featuring Tiger Airlines ? Man we will be lucky if they are around long enough to pay up . They look so dodgy and have massive PR issues ,every show is full of ppl vowing to never fly with them again .lol

b.bear

Juniors
yeah that would be right who made this deal was it done before humphreys landed considering his background in the industry.

nyx

Juniors
Has anyone been watching that airport show featuring Tiger Airlines ? Man we will be lucky if they are around long enough to pay up . They look so dodgy and have massive PR issues ,every show is full of ppl vowing to never fly with them again .lol
That show is crack up. Bogan central :lol:

I can't believe it either that Tiger have agreed to be shown in that light but I guess any publicity is good publicity.

Latest posts