What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New recruits for 2023

thebigredv

First Grade
There was speculation Klemmer was being shopped around, he still has plenty of footy in him. Whoever is in charge of roster management should be mortgaging the furniture to get him.

2022 average running meters 155
2022 Tackle efficiency 97%

Much better stats than Lawrie or de Belin
Wow. To me he seems a lot older than 28. Must have started young. Could do a lot better but could also do worse. Attitude worries me. Will he just come and be another Woods or will he repay us like Vaughan did for many years?

BLM01

First Grade
If Hasler did come to Saints, do you think he would be playing the juniors more than Griffin does? He is not really that big on pathways as we saw at the Dogs. It would be interesting to see as he may have a different mindset being at a club that has a bigger junior base than the Dogs and not sure about Manly. Dessie would possibly get Saints to the 8 but at what cost. He left a huge mess at the Dogs. Also keen to see how Manly goes next season.

Ryles is the man for me. Imagine how pi$$ed the Storm would be as it looks like he has been groomed to be Bellamy's replacement and if Saints get in quick then they will ruin their long succession plan. I would throw the kitchen sink at Ryles if I was Saints. He was Bellamy and now Robbo's assistant. That is a far better resume than Ciraldo and Fitzgibbon.
Storm are eyeing Billy / Slater & Cam Smith to take over
They will move on without Ryles. They let him go to the Roosters

BLM01

First Grade
Yes, Klemmer would be good,
also Paseka if rumour is true....just needs to up his involvement and aggression a touch.
Wouldn't mind Luke Thomson as it was suggested Bulldogs were squeezing him out....but been quiet on this lately.
Dont hold your breath for any of those 3.

possm

Coach
There was speculation Klemmer was being shopped around, he still has plenty of footy in him. Whoever is in charge of roster management should be mortgaging the furniture to get him.

2022 average running meters 155
2022 Tackle efficiency 97%

Much better stats than Lawrie or de Belin
Recruitment will improve greatly if Brown was signed up. Get on with it Dragons and sign Brown up before some other club does.

Hasler and Brown should be recruited now.
Flanno gone to Manly and Griffin should be sacked.

VintageV

Juniors
Recruitment will improve greatly if Brown was signed up. Get on with it Dragons and sign Brown up before some other club does.

Hasler and Brown should be recruited now.
Flanno gone to Manly and Griffin should be sacked.
Fully agree. I think a Hasler Browny combo would make a formidable team that would surely lead to a more stable and competitive club.

BLM01

First Grade
What about Marc Brentall that was the rumour awhile ago..
Oh well that may confirm furthur that melb wont be trying to hard to get Ryles back, as the media and some on here think he would be a good thing as a coach as learned under Bellamy
Kearney, Walters, Seibold & O'Brien have also done apprenticeships under Bellyache

BLM01

First Grade
thanx for the info smarty .. Hope he puts some pressure on our top 17 he seems a bit versatile
Not sold. Cannot even raise a pulse with this one especially using the WC as a guide.
Failed the Cowboys and Storm preseasons past 2 years to get into 1st grade. Cowboys were struggling then too.
Is the bar set that low to see something in him at 26 that he could not impress at ages 24-25.

qld redvee

Juniors
Not sold. Cannot even raise a pulse with this one especially using the WC as a guide.
Failed the Cowboys and Storm preseasons past 2 years to get into 1st grade. Cowboys were struggling then too.
Is the bar set that low to see something in him at 26 that he could not impress at ages 24-25.
BLM01,
i hear what your saying so lets say he takes Goewskis spot ... Then its upto our coaching staff to improve his game and then to see if he warrants a top 30 spot ... probably the way to go instead of straight out contract

SnowDragon

Juniors
Macca and Woods gone before the season starts

I feel like we have won lotto provided we bring in a decent young forward to replace Woods

Liddle to KOE Cup

Mbye & Sullivan to share the 9 jersey

happy we are trialling fringe players and not signing them up immediately to top 30 contracts
Mbye was solid at fullback, but lacked flair and even good delivery from dummy half. We need our hooker to create energy in our team and confusion or at least uncertainty in the opposition. If Mbye is hooks serious option for a lot of game time at hooker, then he needs some serious work in that position in the off season. Personally I think Liddle a better option, or better still, play Bud there to get him on the field

Maddragon99

Juniors
Mbye was solid at fullback, but lacked flair and even good delivery from dummy half. We need our hooker to create energy in our team and confusion or at least uncertainty in the opposition. If Mbye is hooks serious option for a lot of game time at hooker, then he needs some serious work in that position in the off season. Personally I think Liddle a better option, or better still, play Bud there to get him on the field
Mbye is a utility not a starting dummy half, Mbye’s job is to fill gaps as required. I’d like to see how Liddle goes in the trails before I form an opinion of him. He might surprise us.

I’m not a fan of Sullivan at dummy half, I don’t think his defence is up to it & the poor kid will get bashed.