What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New recruits for 2023

Juniors
BACK to the topic. It really seems to me that the Dragons have at least 3 forwards lined up to sign as soon as the cap is confirmed. Who are the candidates? Tapau , Thompson, who else
Not sure we have three lined up. I heard we are after three forwards and I think Tapau is looking elsewhere. I hope Im wrong but we gunna be lean in the engine room

possm

Coach
Yeah, nah

The Gordon’s see the JV as a toy they play with periodically.

They bought out the Illawarra side to keep Illawarra in the NRL. I cannot see them spending any money to buy the St George side.

They have no ambition to win premierships.

Short arms, long pockets.
Notions that the Gordons spent 6m to keep the Illawarra Club in the loop can't be further from the truth. The Ukkawara=ra Club was in debt to the Gordons and WIN Corp, along with the NRL and The St George Leagues Club to the tune of over 6m with no way to repay this debt. Bankruptcy would be the most likely way to clear a debt like this.

However, deals were done to insure the Gordons/WIN Corp were given satisfaction at the cost of receiving the market value for the Illawarra share, with such a sale requiring St George's approval.

A representative from the Gordons or WIN Corp could have joined the St George Board any time in the past if they truly wanted to play a role in the development of the Club. No, the main reason for their involvement now is to look after their financial interests; something I'd say should have been done while Illawarra was a stand-alone Club.

Dragon David

First Grade
If it is only two forwards they need to be top line, I left-edge, and one Prop. We have let go of edge forwards Sims, Ford, and Maguire. We have also let go of a number of below-average props as well.

The idea of not selecting Ben Hunt as our hooker is a grave mistake.
Instead of the club calling us the "Mighty Dragons", they should have called us the "Stubborn Mules".

The Word

Juniors

A good summary of the train and trial players we're looking at, vs number of top 30 spots and development spots. It's also interesting to see what the other clubs are doing in terms of their squads. I'm still hoping a couple of our top 30 spots are reserved for top level forwards once the cap if finalised.

DfL

Juniors

NRL 2023: Tempers flare between Zac Lomax, Junior Amone at Dragons training​

Tempers flared between Junior Amone and Zac Lomax at St George Illawarra’s preseason camp, as Dragons teammates stepped in to separate the pair.

The Dragons are breathing fire in the preseason with tensions boiling over during an opposed session on a three-day camp on the NSW south coast.
A St George Illawarra fan captured the moment teammates had to separate Zac Lomax and Junior Amone during the one hour open training run.

It’s believed Lomax took exception to a forceful hit from Amone. But the youngsters quickly moved on from the incident, burying the hatchet.

That kind of passion and level of intensity at training from players during the summer will no doubt be seen as positive signs by Red V fans.

In April, Lomax was hit with a $1,000 fine for contrary conduct after jumping on the back of former teammate and Newcastle forward Tyson Frizell during a try celebration.
Frizell did not take too kindly to the extra attention from Lomax, sparking a melee.
The Dragons returned to their home base in Wollongong on Friday before travelling to Sydney on Monday for an opposed session with the NSW Waratahs at NSW Rugby’s shiny new $20m centre of excellence in Daceyville.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/nrl-2023-tempers-flare-between-zac-lomax-junior-amone-at-dragons-training/news-story/49779ab044d7932b2c747a44c03506a1

Latest posts