What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New recruits for 2023

Como Connection

First Grade
Ryan heard there are a few clubs under salary cap pressure really sweating on rise in cap so we could be in a good . position to fill our 30. sorry everyone i meant to put this in previous post little bit seedy big weekend on the Tooheys
Trust that was Tooheys Old.
CC

slippery5

Juniors
No Como Tooheys Draught dont know how they make it so good and sell it so cheap
Yep, absolutely amazes me with all this Boutique shit floating around at ridiculous prices that doesn't come within Cooee of the good old "NEW". Even my daughter used to crack one open with me watching the footy, (until she won a Year Supply from "Brick Lane Brewery")

denis preston

First Grade
Hi everyone meet Ryan Webb last night at Qld Dragons function he was meeting a Front rower this morning fingers crossed also clubs in good salary cap position there are players out there we could sign now but looking for younger players to build future.
Thanks Yow , he is a good bloke to talk to , isn’t he . Can’t disagree with the future plan. Only problem with “ cap pressure “ signings is you get a player that the club doesn’t want unless it is a promising young player. If that’s what they are targeting then that’s fine. We gotta stop way past it type recruitment.

Yow

Juniors
Thanks Yow , he is a good bloke to talk to , isn’t he . Can’t disagree with the future plan. Only problem with “ cap pressure “ signings is you get a player that the club doesn’t want unless it is a promising young player. If that’s what they are targeting then that’s fine. We gotta stop way past it type recruitment.
Thanks Dennis he did appear to be a good bloke and admit there are ones he could sign straight away but looking for younger ones to build our future

twinkletoes

Juniors
Unusual for a CEO to be interviewing players and recruiting…. Ia would have thought the recruitment manager… sorry we don’t have one, the football manager… have one in name only (Haran ), the coach… no one likes him…. So it’s left up to poor old Ryan

Total basket case

Yow

Juniors
Unusual for a CEO to be interviewing players and recruiting…. Ia would have thought the recruitment manager… sorry we don’t have one, the football manager… have one in name only (Haran ), the coach… no one likes him…. So it’s left up to poor old Ryan

Total basket case
Maybe Haran was also at meeting I’m not sure

thebigredv

First Grade
Thanks Dennis he did appear to be a good bloke and admit there are ones he could sign straight away but looking for younger ones to build our future
Looking now when their were plenty of young blokes available months ago. Look at the plethora of young talent that has been signed recently by clubs like the Dogs.

Nice bloke or not, it's always too slow by our club. I'm not buying the sweet talking.

randomdragon

Juniors
Looking now when their were plenty of young blokes available months ago. Look at the plethora of young talent that has been signed recently by clubs like the Dogs.

Nice bloke or not, it's always too slow by our club. I'm not buying the sweet talking.
There is a big push to signing young guys with the hope to develop them for the future. If you buy someone off the market you’re usually paying a premium

dungay dragon

Juniors
Thanks Yow, interesting.

Totally agree big red
any updates on Breakfast Gate , Yow ??
Thought Ryan told some of the Faithful on here at the Sydney Fan Forum that he doesnt involve himself in player negotiations ...hes more in the Corporate side of things
anyhow ...we wait with anticipation esp after the Paseka back flip
Basket Case City.................

thebigredv

First Grade
There is a big push to signing young guys with the hope to develop them for the future. If you buy someone off the market you’re usually paying a premium
At what point does this stop? It's all rhetoric to save face.

The Griffin experiment was only meant to be a stop gap measure. When he was brought in we were told to give it a season or two to 'undo the mess'. now the mess is worse than ever. Its december in a week and we dont even have a full forward pack. We barely retained Sullivan or Sloan - who knows what happened there but it would have been coach related. We meant to swallow the idea that we're preparing for the future. It's just another way of saying we cant attract talent to our rabble.

Here we go into another season with another unpopular, unsuccessful and prematurelu resigned coach just like it was under the last pretender in charge. Wasted time. Fans treated like morons.

But our CEO is a nice guy well whoop de do!!