What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New recruits for 2023

SnowDragon

Juniors
our pack has been rated worst in the comp.
personally I see some quality players (haven’t lost much) but hooker is an unknown quantity, and we are missing impact big boppers. 1 or 2 signings needed, and somebodies to step up (Liddle ? jayden hunt etc…)

Crush

Coach
our pack has been rated worst in the comp.
personally I see some quality players (haven’t lost much) but hooker is an unknown quantity, and we are missing impact big boppers. 1 or 2 signings needed, and somebodies to step up (Liddle ? jayden hunt etc…)
Snow, I thought last year the pack struggled, we were flattered on the table by a magical Ben Hunt season.
What’s changed this year? I can’t see we’ve gained any advantage on last year, if anything we have gone slightly backwards.
You’re right, we need either a couple of key signings or a new coach that can get the best out of the current pack. Both would be ideal.

possm

Coach
Snow, I thought last year the pack struggled, we were flattered on the table by a magical Ben Hunt season.
What’s changed this year? I can’t see we’ve gained any advantage on last year, if anything we have gone slightly backwards.
You’re right, we need either a couple of key signings or a new coach that can get the best out of the current pack. Both would be ideal.
I'd say we need a couple of marquees forwards and a new coach. An edge forward and a prop; and ye, Hasler as head coach

Old Timer

Coach
All the whinging about our forwards compared to last year is fascinating

No Mc Cullough at dummy half is an advantage.

Having 2 serial offenders that were getting penalised, sin binned and sent off leave the club means we have a greater opportunity of keeping 13 on the paddock for 80 minutes is a huge advantage.

We can’t go any worse re go forward so the only way is up and a new dummy half will only but help that.

It’s not all doom and gloom.

Mojo

Bench

Having 2 serial offenders that were getting penalised, sin binned and sent off leave the club means we have a greater opportunity of keeping 13 on the paddock for 80 minutes is a huge advantage.

We can’t go any worse re go forward so the only way is up and a new dummy half will only but help that.

The voice of reason.

SnowDragon

Juniors
I agree to your comments crush, but you asked what’s changed:
1) McCullough is gone. His defence in the middle was good, but he was too predictable in attack which put our forwards on the back foot. Liddle if Fit could bring a lot, though in attack I like this young guy we signed just not sure on his defence, or how his Highlight package translates into the big time.
2) we have lost sims. I was a big supporter of his, though he wasn’t ‘up for it” enough. Only pushed in the big games. Needs to be replaced though.
3) we dropped what I would call a lot of dead wood ( &woods ?)
4) Jayden hunt looks ready to step up, and others have wraps on Coric. With a few gone, maybe they get a chance and develop
5) Francis Molo is a beast, though I thought he underperformed last year. New hooker may suit him more, and his brother developed a lot last season.
6) musgrove signing hasn’t excited me tbh, but hoping he proves me wrong

still, we need that hooker option to really work, and at least one top middle forward, preferably 2.

OneEyedDragon

Juniors

Good comments.

This article suggests that Kerr and Woods are staying at the Dragons for 2023 at least, but everyone is going at preseason with a new attitude - I hope he is right.

st.phil

Bench

justadragon

Bench
Good comments.

This article suggests that Kerr and Woods are staying at the Dragons for 2023 at least, but everyone is going at preseason with a new attitude - I hope he is right.
I thought our CEO said we didnt have a culture problem, but anyway we have heard this all before, I still hope for the best and hope that what Kerr is saying comes to fruition, I can only hope that our juniors take some major steps forward next season. Anyway at least he is being honest and also blames himself which is refreshing, he is a big unit and capable of good things, go get them Josh and give it your best.

Illusion

Bench
I thought our CEO said we didnt have a culture problem, but anyway we have heard this all before, I still hope for the best and hope that what Kerr is saying comes to fruition, I can only hope that our juniors take some major steps forward next season. Anyway at least he is being honest and also blames himself which is refreshing, he is a big unit and capable of good things, go get them Josh and give it your best.
Just my opinion on Kerr have said before , nice guy ok player , but lacks the Mugrel ......

saintly1996

Juniors

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Agree with @Old Timer, we are a better squad overall with Macca and the 'influencers' moving on.
As for Kerr I never heard he was looking to move on or signed elsewhere, so I don't know where that came from.
As for our pack, our previous defensive structure was awful at best. With the addition of Woolf, hopefully some new structures will be in place, as well as a lot more effort.
I think we will surprise a few with agility rather than physicality.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
What an interesting article by Kerr especially the comments about the assistants. Keen to see what impact they have as the boys move from another old school coach in Peter Gentle. Guys being dropped for the guys that are now gone like Kerr will make them hungrier that is for sure. Francis Molo I thought was great but something went off in the back end which may have been due to injury but who knows. I am hoping he has a big 2023. Su'a and Molo playing to their potential on top of JDB, Lawrie and Bird is a handy pack.

The fact Saints are rated last in the forwards will hopefully make the club look to strengthen sooner rather than later. If they can get 2 quality forwards then the ranking will jump significantly with 4 rep forwards (if you include Hunt at hooker it is 5) already part of the squad in Molo, Su'a, Bird and JDB.

Did Saints sign a PNG forward from the world cup on a train and trial?

Dragon David

First Grade
What an interesting article by Kerr especially the comments about the assistants. Keen to see what impact they have as the boys move from another old school coach in Peter Gentle. Guys being dropped for the guys that are now gone like Kerr will make them hungrier that is for sure. Francis Molo I thought was great but something went off in the back end which may have been due to injury but who knows. I am hoping he has a big 2023. Su'a and Molo playing to their potential on top of JDB, Lawrie and Bird is a handy pack.

The fact Saints are rated last in the forwards will hopefully make the club look to strengthen sooner rather than later. If they can get 2 quality forwards then the ranking will jump significantly with 4 rep forwards (if you include Hunt at hooker it is 5) already part of the squad in Molo, Su'a, Bird and JDB.

Did Saints sign a PNG forward from the world cup on a train and trial?
Yep, Dan Russell -

Latest posts