What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Sharks Coach- Shane Flanagan on 2sm Talkin Sport this arvo.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Wow Frenzy... You must be a touch typist or something :)

Great work, yeah there's nothin' in that interview that really gives us any clue, pretty much said what I thought was going down there in regards to recruitment etc..

I can do 100 wpm actually Cools. Poor accuracy though. Only at about 85%.

I'm a slut as well.

DJDL

Bench
It isn't a cost cutting measure, you could see it on the body language on Ricky at the press conference after the game and prolly about 2-3 games before, it was on his mind the whole time, he was man enough to realise he wasn't doing sh*t and stepped aside, something ando couldn't do.

It was him all along, was coaching our team to a dead end.

I'm inclined to agree. He has looked a beaten man the last month or so at the press conferences. I've been taking great interest in his body language, and none of it was positive

Ausguy

Coach
i heard him interviewed on sports today... sorry but doesnt sound real enthusastic and also for want of a better term.... bogan / dumb...

reminds me of heatherington the qld'er....

im probably way off the mark... and i hope so but what lies ahead??

Frenzy.

Immortal
i heard him interviewed on sports today... sorry but doesnt sound real enthusastic and also for want of a better term.... bogan / dumb...

reminds me of heatherington the qld'er....

im probably way off the mark... and i hope so but what lies ahead??

haha that's exactly what I thought. Especially as I was typing up the transcript :lol:

Quigs

Immortal
Thanks Cap'n

was ahhh mm yeah you know, a hard read, but one from the northern outpost appreciated it.

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

Frenzy.

Immortal
Thanks Cap'n

was ahhh mm yeah you know, a hard read, but one from the northern outpost appreciated it.

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

haha it was a good listen but a hard one. He sounds like he's got a bit of the west in him Quigs. Don't mind that if he has ability but not the most eloquent speaker in the house.

He had me when he said Smiff.

Quigs

Immortal
haha it was a good listen but a hard one. He sounds like he's got a bit of the west in him Quigs. Don't mind that if he has ability but not the most eloquent speaker in the house.

He had me when he said Smiff.

Nuffin' wrong wiv Smiff.

That's how I sign me cheques, and wiff two f's.

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

samshark

Juniors
Absolute rubbish.

Question Reefy, not a piss take, I am genuinly asking. The last few weeks you have been saying that the club would announce that Stuart wasnt going anywhere and his contract was in fact going to be extended by a couple of years. What happened with this?

jackal

Juniors
Flanagan is no dummy guys, would put it down to inexperience with the media - deer in the headlight type stuff. Nerves seemingly get the better of him in front of the camera or microphone.

He will be good for the club and would already have the respect of the players.

samshark

Juniors
Ive heard Barrett speak highly of Flanagan. He is highly thought of. Has been around for a while and been an Origin assistant for a couple of years.

Vossy

Bench
he sounded like he was nervous as hell..can't blame him, he knows it wont be long before the redback brigade start their shyte again

Dicky Flanagan

Since 73

First Grade
So he's been assistant to Sticky and we've won 3 times in 80 games.

And he's been assistant in SOO and we've lost 4 series straight.

Okaaay...

I'm hoping he's just been pumping up balls in those 2 gigs.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Question Reefy, not a piss take, I am genuinly asking. The last few weeks you have been saying that the club would announce that Stuart wasnt going anywhere and his contract was in fact going to be extended by a couple of years. What happened with this?
When did the financial reports come out?

Feej

First Grade
*Apparently* it was put out there to, and I quote, "get a rise out of a lot of the posters here". Seems a rather convenient explanation if you ask me.

Inferno

Coach
I know you won't/can't read it but I appreciate the transcribing Frenzy.

I'm glad he's on record as stating he doesn't think we are a bottom 4 side. Last thing I want to hear is some bullsh*t about rebuilding. We have the nucleus of a damn good squad and although we need 1 or 2 signings to complete it, we do NOT need a rebuilding.