What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Signing !?!

BissyB

Juniors
I think we have the money to buy Cronk...question is...will he want to come to Parra? After our rivalry and all.

Djay

Juniors
Im hearing from a very good source that the deal for Luke O,Donnell is all but done he is keen to return to Sydney for his final contract and will fit in well at Parra. Now to sort the halfback/five eigth issue.
Forwards are not the problem we need good halves and a hooker.

ParraAds

Juniors
agreed. if we are buying another forward.. i dont know what PO and DA are smoking :crazy:

I disagree.

There are still plenty of examples of our forward pack being outmuscled and outenthused this season... they have improved but they're still no world beaters.

O'Donnell's aggression and power game would add some much needed starch.... would love to see him at Parra.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Well whoever it is, he is an organiser. If it ain't Cronk then who else could it be??? Is this ducks and drakes & snakes and ladders??? I know 110% that the Eels and this player are supposed to have already come to terms.....
If it ain't Cronk... could it be Inglis to Center, Humble to F/Back and Hayne to 6???? or what about Inglis to F/back, Hayne to 6 and Humble to 7 and Mortimer to 14/9???? Something is brewing but what?????

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Did u guys forget that Mateo and Cayless will not be with us next year and our forward pack will be weakend.

Yes, and the rumours I heard weeks ago... well look at this way..... next year we may as well call our team Parramatta Storm. :lol::lol::lol: Where is DF when we need him???

too many rumors not enough fact, all we know is that Keating, Inu, Mateo are gone and Caylo is retiring. So far it is all negative.

oldmancraigy

Coach
I disagree.

There are still plenty of examples of our forward pack being outmuscled and outenthused this season... they have improved but they're still no world beaters.

O'Donnell's aggression and power game would add some much needed starch.... would love to see him at Parra.

Name 3 games this year where our forward pack has been outmuscled and resulted in us losing badly.

And while you're looking that up, let me present you the following list of games:
(most recent games first)

Broncos: our forwards ran roughshod all night, but lack of a half (and particularly the worst bombs in the world) resulted in not taking advantage of it.

@ Newcastle: absolute dominance from our pack. But only 1 try as a result :crazy: Thanks halves... (specifically Mortimer)

Melbourne: blew them off the park up front

@ Manly: belted them up front

Bulldogs: rolled their forwards

@NQ: won the battle up front

Rabbitohs: steamrolled their 'big' pack

Raiders: pushed their 'big men' around the park all night.

Manly: won the fight up front all day

That's 9 game this year that we've CLEARLY won the battle up front (not even debatable)

You could argue that our forwards were better in the 2 Cronulla games - but I think honours were pretty well split in those games.

The only 2 games I can think of where we were beaten in the forwards were rounds 1 and 3 - the Dragons and Tigers both ran over the top of our big guys. But that was before Poore found his feet, and Mannah was still stepping up his game.

You simply cannot point the finger out our big guys - they have been nothing short of SENSATIONAL this year. If not the best pack in the comp, certainly one of.
Why we would sign a mincehead like Luke O'Donnell is beyond me? He is absolutely NOT a better player than Hindmarsh or Ben Smith - and he is a NOTED giver of penalties and 'dumb errors' at crucial times. Plus if he does something dumb like hit someone high or spear tackle them (both huge chances with him) he'll be suspended for about 48 weeks no matter what.

Halfback first please - someone who can capitalize on the work of Moi Moi, Poore and Mannah.

oldmancraigy

Coach
too many rumors not enough fact, all we know is that Keating, Inu, Mateo are gone and Caylo is retiring. So far it is all negative.

Caylo retiring frees up cash. (almost 400k!)

Inu going frees up cash. I wouldn't pay 250k for him (again)

Keating going means we lose a guy who is good on his feet, but who ruins the attack by ALWAYS going himself (gee - wonder if Keating will pass - wait, no). I wouldn't pay more than 120k for this guy - so good luck to him.

Mateo is a loss I'll grant that! But it's not like we WANTED to let him go, just weren't going to pay 400k per season for him - which I completely agree with.

If we end up getting Cronk - those losses will mean nothing.
If we end up with nothing and spend that money on our NYC team - only then should we complain big time!

eel01s

Bench
Name 3 games this year where our forward pack has been outmuscled and resulted in us losing badly.

And while you're looking that up, let me present you the following list of games:
(most recent games first)

Broncos: our forwards ran roughshod all night, but lack of a half (and particularly the worst bombs in the world) resulted in not taking advantage of it.

@ Newcastle: absolute dominance from our pack. But only 1 try as a result :crazy: Thanks halves... (specifically Mortimer)

Melbourne: blew them off the park up front

@ Manly: belted them up front

Bulldogs: rolled their forwards

@NQ: won the battle up front

Rabbitohs: steamrolled their 'big' pack

Raiders: pushed their 'big men' around the park all night.

Manly: won the fight up front all day

That's 9 game this year that we've CLEARLY won the battle up front (not even debatable)

You could argue that our forwards were better in the 2 Cronulla games - but I think honours were pretty well split in those games.

The only 2 games I can think of where we were beaten in the forwards were rounds 1 and 3 - the Dragons and Tigers both ran over the top of our big guys. But that was before Poore found his feet, and Mannah was still stepping up his game.

You simply cannot point the finger out our big guys - they have been nothing short of SENSATIONAL this year. If not the best pack in the comp, certainly one of.
Why we would sign a mincehead like Luke O'Donnell is beyond me? He is absolutely NOT a better player than Hindmarsh or Ben Smith - and he is a NOTED giver of penalties and 'dumb errors' at crucial times. Plus if he does something dumb like hit someone high or spear tackle them (both huge chances with him) he'll be suspended for about 48 weeks no matter what.

Halfback first please - someone who can capitalize on the work of Moi Moi, Poore and Mannah.

Great post mate!

Isn't it ironic - we have always wanted better go forward from our pack - and now that we are getting it, our much vaunted "awesome" backline can't score any points!

ROGUE

Juniors
I disagree.

Is 30 or 31, injury prone, wants 3 year contract and serious coin so no thanks.....cronulla come on down.His brother woulda been a better signature but as per usual our recruiting leaves alot to be desired

benoir91

Juniors
Heres confirmation:

Parramatta have confirmed the signing of North Queensland discard Manase Manuokafoa until the end of the 2011 NRL season.
Manuokafoa has linked immediately with the Eels after he was released by the Cowboys last week.
The 25-year-old former South Sydney forward trained with his new club on Monday and Parramatta CEO Paul Osborne said he would bolster the side's depth.
"We're pleased Manase has decided to join the Eels. He'll give us another option in the forwards," Osborne said.
"He's a Tongan international and is already an experienced first-grader so he will be a welcome addition as we start the run home to the finals."
Manuokafoa joined former Test prop Antonio Kaufusi in being cut loose by the struggling Cowboys.
Kaufusi has joined Newcastle until the end of 2012

http://www.nrl.com/news/news/newsarticle/tabid/10874/newsid/59221/eels-sign-manuokafoa/default.aspx

Maroubra Eel

Coach
I think there will be some big signing news very very soon.

With the players we have let go there should be a couple of big names announced soon.