What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Signings- Take 2

cb4

First Grade
Yes from me. Completes our bench with Bukuya, Ava and Seggy.
Will need depth like him around origin and finals time.
Gives Uele time to get fit as well.

Frenzy.

Immortal
What about when the dogs stop chipping in and we have to pay him north of 500k?

Likely to be able to afford that if Lewie and Gal dont go around again. Plus whats already unspent in the war chest. Plus when Humphrey goes to the Cows to replace Coote.

Tolman, if he’s even interested, is a no brainer for me too. As cb4 said depth is needed but also just as FJ needs Hodko, Uele, Dillon, Vasquez need a mentor as well. Can NEVER have too much experience IMO. Won a comp off the back of it.

Stake Removed

First Grade
Likely to be able to afford that if Lewie and Gal dont go around again. Plus whats already unspent in the war chest. Plus when Humphrey goes to the Cows to replace Coote.

Tolman, if he’s even interested, is a no brainer for me too. As cb4 said depth is needed but also just as FJ needs Hodko, Uele, Dillon, Vasquez need a mentor as well. Can NEVER have too much experience IMO. Won a comp off the back of it.

Totally agree having experience helps bring through the young guys as well, i remember the days when we would bring a young guy into the team and we were struggling we had lack of experience but lack of SOO players and players who had been in finals football and it told big time.

Now look at difference example Katoa will come in too team he will have Dugan and Lewis inside of him, Katoa will basically in 1 season get 3 years of experience, it helps the club long term

Ads

First Grade

We’ve got plenty coming through the ranks and there’s already plenty to learn off. Big money on a bench prop is a huge waste.

I wouldn’t call it a waste Ads I’d call it insurance.

If we have the cap space why not use it?

If we lose a couple of props during the year we will be stuffed in depth. Also I’m not convinced Uele is necessarily ready yet. That spare cap space won’t help us win a Premiership.

If we have a proven experienced backrower/ Prop in Tolman to fall back on then it’s still game on.

Ads

First Grade
I wouldn’t call it a waste Ads I’d call it insurance.

If we have the cap space why not use it?

If we lose a couple of props during the year we will be stuffed in depth. Also I’m not convinced Uele is necessarily ready yet. That spare cap space won’t help us win a Premiership.

If we have a proven experienced backrower/ Prop in Tolman to fall back on then it’s still game on.
If we could sign him on the cheap for this season only then I’m ok with it. Next year I’d rather load up on some younger talent.

Tiger Shark

Bench
Yes from me. Completes our bench with Bukuya, Ava and Seggy.
Will need depth like him around origin and finals time.
Gives Uele time to get fit as well.

And who's going to play edge ? Lewy and Wade to play 80 on the edge.

For mine I'd swap Seggy with someone else, either Paulo or an edge backrower

Stake Removed

First Grade
I noticed already Ricky has put Blake Austin back to bench, he is off contract this year, wouldnt mind swap for Seggy over Austin, it would get Moylan to fullback

RUBIKS

Juniors
An article mentions Sezier to hooker and Austin into the halves with williams after however long.

Lost another one:

DOGS NET SCHOOLBOYS STAR

Canterbury have swooped on an Australian Schoolboy, winning the race to sign exciting Cronulla forward James Roumanos.

Having represented Australia alongside the likes of Dragons gun Zac Lomax and Broncos man-mountain David Fifita, Market Watch can reveal Roumanos has signed a three-year NRL deal with the Bulldogs starting in 2019.

b6870a45b9060672473faa5f9dc9bbee

The Menai product captained the Sharks’ SG Ball side and won their player of the year award.

Turning 19 this year, Roumanos’ links to the Bulldogs are strong.

He’s the grandson of former centre Kevin Brown.

Brown was a backrower who played for Canterbury in the late 50s.

Roumanos featured in the 2017 NSW Combined Catholic Colleges team alongside Souths winger Campbell Graham and new Parramatta half Jaeman Salmon and made his NYC debut for the Sharks last July.

Source

Bloody hard for the Sharks to keep all their good juniors.

Just have to hope the Club keeps the majority of the really good ones.

shaggs

Coach
We have finally got decent juniors and it’s inevitable that we will lose some.

In years gone past we didn’t have great juniors that were worth poaching.