What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Signings- Take 2

Why I think Tolman would be a great fit.

I would mainly use him as an interchange player with Gallen. He’s a big body tackling machine you can put him in the middle like Gal. Gal is expected to play less minutes this year and Tolman would be a similar style player like Gal at lock with a little less go forward.

He also could be used as a back up interchange prop. But I like him better to interchange with Gal and when Gal retired he could take Gals starting spot. Gal and Lewie could both retire this year and it would be good to have some experience and a big body in the back row.

We’ve missed out on Taumalolo and Crichton and although Tolman isn’t dynamic like them he would give us that bit of size we need in a backrow position and tackling mind set.

Also I like the idea of the dogs possibly paying some of his freight.

Ads

First Grade
Hope not. We signed Ava and Uele. Let them play prop. Its likely only one of those will make the bench each week so signing Tolman would push both out right? Wasted money somewhere in that mix.

Also Tolman is a one pace prop, no way can he play in the backrow or at lock.

Card Shark

Immortal
Hope not. We signed Ava and Uele. Let them play prop. Its likely only one of those will make the bench each week so signing Tolman would push both out right? Wasted money somewhere in that mix.

Also Tolman is a one pace prop, no way can he play in the backrow or at lock.

I reckon the jury is out on those 2, whereas Tolman is proven.

Tiger Shark

Bench
Yeah and Dragons fans wanted to see the back of Prior. Turned out pretty well for us.

Plus the fact we won’t pay stupid money and he’s also be a bench prop for us

Chimp

Bench
I've said it before about Tolman. He's easy to like because he's a good, honest, hard working, no frills grafter. Gets through a ton of work and plays big minutes, all without being flash. Won't win you a game, but won't lose you one either.
I'm just not sure we have a need for him. He's not an impact type player, he's a big minutes player, and at the moment, with Gal, Prior and Fifita as first choice middles, I don't see a gap or need for him this year, even though he's good. If Gal wasn't still around, I'd say have him for sure.

Willie mason went to sign with Des at age 35 & Des showed him what he wants via way of Tolmans stats.
Qillie laughed & said this guy will get you sacked.
On another note, Isaako named to start for Broncos this year.

Ads

First Grade
What about when the dogs stop chipping in and we have to pay him north of 500k?

Card Shark

Immortal
We offer him $300k, or less depending on performances in the meantime.

Flanno has a knack of getting castoffs from other clubs & getting them to perform.

Can’t see him being any different.