What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Signings- Take 2

shaggs

Coach
Tony Williams. 10 out off an Ennis special would be scary good.

Nothing else appeals

That cat wouldn't even run hard then. He would be looking which halfback was going to smash his pea heart and drop it.

He f**king sucks. Always has. Always will. Dane Carlaw was tougher then him.

After watching the game vs Knights the Sims boys did not impress, even though you lose 62-0, neither of them seemed to put in even regards to hit ups, thats something from Sharks we have done in past Gallen, Lewis, Graham still bust a gut no matter what, thats what we want.

The only forward from Newcastle who looked ok, was Bhana off bench but enough players we can get that are good as if not better

Warriors looking for someone to take Hurrell on, apparently on 500k i know we got Barba with similiar deal Broncos throwing in some cash.

Hurell can be a damaging player, but has issues, Flanno is master of getting the best out of players this guy would test him but still has upside still only 24 years old

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Warriors looking for someone to take Hurrell on, apparently on 500k i know we got Barba with similiar deal Broncos throwing in some cash.

Hurell can be a damaging player, but has issues, Flanno is master of getting the best out of players this guy would test him but still has upside still only 24 years old
While he's a beast he's also as dumb as dog shit! I've seen no reason not to give both Lewie and Gal one more year if they hold their form. Will be pissed if we let one go to jag a Sims!

While he's a beast he's also as dumb as dog shit! I've seen no reason not to give both Lewie and Gal one more year if they hold their form. Will be pissed if we let one go to jag a Sims!

Fifita not smartest footballer, but Flanno gets best out of him, remember as well Hurrell has to deal with Gallen, Graham, Ennis & Maloney who take no sh*t, these guys are pro's, i am not saying sign Hurrell but if anyone can get best out of Hurell it would be Flanno

McLovin

Staff member
Prefer Beale. Hurrell would be more suited in the forwards imo... Turns like a b-double. Would be ripped to shreds in here even worse than Loots...

The benefit having great squad like we do now, is we can really cherry pick players, not paying overs to marginal first graders.

We missed out on Gillett no concern, we move to next player.

Tony Williams/Konrad Hurell come on the market in old days we would pay over to these guys then pray they perform, now we look at them do they fit role at the club, if not we look at who else is around.

I am glad we are in such a position now, we can take out time in who we want to purchase and retain, also it takes away power of player holding us over barrel in should they stay or leave.

Vin Fizz

Bench
Hurrell is at his damaging best when you get him into space near the line. The Warriors are all about throwing big bodies at the line to try and break it. We did for a few years also. No creativity. Moral of the story... we don't play like that anymore and have 2 very creative halves. Don't need him or T Rex who is in the same mould for that matter.

chewsta

First Grade
f**k Hurrell, where would we even play him? Blowing kisses to the camera every time he scores pisses me off too.

shaggs

Coach

No thanks. There are reasons he can't make first grade. Sure he is damaging when he holds the ball, but is borderline geniused and has massive attitude issues.

500k for that guy is a waste

cb4

First Grade
After watching the game vs Knights the Sims boys did not impress, even though you lose 62-0, neither of them seemed to put in even regards to hit ups, thats something from Sharks we have done in past Gallen, Lewis, Graham still bust a gut no matter what, thats what we want.

The only forward from Newcastle who looked ok, was Bhana off bench but enough players we can get that are good as if not better

I would suggest to go back and watch Tariq again.
I am not keen on him but to suggest he didn't have a run, when only Wade had more runs than him yesterday is a bit far fetched.
Tariq was the only Knight to have a go.

I am not big on the Sims boys but I actually think if we were to lose Lewis, Heino and Taga and replace them with Sims, Sims and Ma'u we are in a better spot.

Ads

First Grade
I would take Tariq all day long. Can't say I care for Korbin but I dont think it would be hard to get Tariq back to Cowboys form, especially with the way we work with forwards.

cb4

First Grade
I would take Tariq all day long. Can't say I care for Korbin but I dont think it would be hard to get Tariq back to Cowboys form, especially with the way we work with forwards.

Agree to a point. His discipline scares me though.

Id take Korbin at budget for a bench prop.

Weaponhead

Coach
The question is, "Is Korbin better than Taga or hieghno, and to a lesser extent DFif?"

I'd say probably not, although he hasn't been in a good system yet.

I watched Heigno closely yesterday and he is a real pro. Works very hard in closing down gaps in the middle and us a good communicator. Makes yards and can offload. Has done a great job for the club.

Korbin is more powerful but does dumb stuff. Gallen and Ennis would sort him out.

Taga has gone backwards after a good start. Shame he lacks consistency as he can be brilliant at his best.

Latest posts