What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Signings!

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaggs

Coach
Yeah at the about the 60th minute mark friend got a concussion. Wright went to fullback (fail) and Townsend to 9. Lolohea to 6.

Chad looks like he does all the directing and talking at the Warriors. I hope this doesn't get taken away. Seems to me he decides what direction they run and kick. Johnson gets it to play off the cuff.

From the game yesterday i would take Maloney over Townsend, i know different amount we would be paying, but Maloney has the ability to step up when needed and turn the game, also he can kick drop goals another plus to me.

If we get Maloney next year halves would either be Maloney with any combo of Bird,Tracey, or Brown.

That would be better then Towsned with either 3

carcharias

Immortal
It's "than" Townsend.

I watched the whole game yesterday
Maloney is what we need in terms of a half that can step up ... Based on the last 20 mins that is.
Chad is very robotic, nothing flash , nothing brain snappy either.
They might go ok together

However
I'd go all out for Hastings
He looks like a future star
Very raw at the moment
From what I saw he can kick a bit and looks lightning fast.

Wright?
What a f**king spastic
Bet he never gets another game.
He single handedly lost them the game ... Who's idea was it to let him go?
That was a good idea in a sea of very shit idea's from our mob.
So bravo!

No reason bird can't be a Fittler tupe. Stick the 13 or 6 on his back and let him play. Be nice if the two halves play on the same side next year too. Splitting gives me the shits. Boring.

long gone are the days the forwards would work it towards one sideline and open up an opportunity for a massive bacline play

Its all about the "middle third" and dummy half running

this high percentage "repeatble" approach to making yards is f**ked and robotic

then when in the attacking zone, double out the back long ball to winger

when that doesnt work its kick to the corners

thats what our game has become and its a f**king disgrace

a high level game plan is fine but players and play in general are micro managed

agree fully with sandow, he is your modern day cliff Lyons style player who has been chained to the fence on a metre long lead

they better learn soon what the fans want before its too late

shaggs

Coach
I absolutely agree.

I'm sick of the robots and he athletes. Where are the footballers?? Drags are moving away from the split double out the back play. They are going pretty good.

Time for a rethink from the coaches. The Bellamy, Bennett Hasler possession types might be overtaken soon. Especially with the changes to interchange coming up. Suits a lighter, skilful player. Rather than the 6 foot 2, 105kg robot.

Ads

First Grade
However
I'd go all out for Hastings
He looks like a future star
Very raw at the moment
From what I saw he can kick a bit and looks lightning fast.

Hastings is the one. He is Birds good mate I believe. Chad and Hastings would be good combo and if Tracey is as good as the hype then he can push them and cause genuine competition in the halves.

Hastings is the one. He is Birds good mate I believe. Chad and Hastings would be good combo and if Tracey is as good as the hype then he can push them and cause genuine competition in the halves.

If we went for Hastings, i wouldnt go after Towsend, play the rookies Bird/Hastings if Tracey comes good Bird just moves to centre, it would be something we have i dont believe have ever tried, more the style Tigers have used in past

shaggs

Coach
What about brooks?? Surely he would be hating the overly structured defensive style of Taylor.

No idea what his contract situation is like

Ads

First Grade
If we went for Hastings, i wouldnt go after Towsend, play the rookies Bird/Hastings if Tracey comes good Bird just moves to centre, it would be something we have i dont believe have ever tried, more the style Tigers have used in past

Townsend isn't a bad option and is signed already. Especially paired with someone pacey. His partnership with Johnson is good.

Snoop Shark

First Grade
The forgotten man in these discussions are well and truly Ben Hampton. He knocked us back to stay with Storm before they got Green. Although he is playing his first game of NRL for the year this week he has been stuck playing for the sunny coast

Ads

First Grade
The forgotten man in these discussions are well and truly Ben Hampton. He knocked us back to stay with Storm before they got Green. Although he is playing his first game of NRL for the year this week he has been stuck playing for the sunny coast

Isn't he a better fullback than half though? Can't believe he knocked us back only to be put behind Green.

Special K

Coach
Where would Hampton fit in for us now?

Townsend/Maloney on the way with Nu, Bird backing up. We have 17 fullbacks. He missed his chance

Special K

Coach
How certain is Maloney?

Depends what the Roosters want to do.

Upgrade the offer to Maloney and lose Hastings OR
Keep Hastings (20) son of a club legend and let a 29 year year old go who in his 3 years has "done his job"

No other Sydney club is after him. The Sharks have put the best offer forward. It is now up to the Roosters as you can see by his manager leaking the story out.

Make no mistake - Maloney would be a fantastic signing for us on and off the field.

Status
Not open for further replies.