What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Signings!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snoop Shark

First Grade
Isn't he a better fullback than half though? Can't believe he knocked us back only to be put behind Green.

I remember Bellyache got asked a similar question about where he believes Hampton will excel and he mentioned halves

Hayne is back in Australia for a short time and while here he is driving a loan car. Where from you ask? Uncle Nick Polities.
it seems that nick is ensuring that if hayne is a flop in the NFl (and it seems he won't make the cut) then he will be an ideal replacement for Roger something Shrek.

Parra have no money so he won't go there. If that's the case, then it's almost certain roosters will release Maloney, keep the son of legend Kevin Hastings, Jackson and go after Hayne.

So that puts us in the mix very strongly.

shaggs

Coach
Hayne will be kept on the practice roster at the very least. They will put him $100k a year to gain 100s more Aussie supporters. It's cheap really. If it so happens he goes well in the practice games then who knows.
I am a 9ers follower. Very weak in the running back portion. Carlos Hyde supposed number 1 is not great and reggae bush will always be injured. Just having Hayne around gatantees more web traffic.

I think roosters move Maloney along either way.

cb4

First Grade
The reasoning Ben Hampton is not mentioned in our discussions is because he is absolute shit.
Been told that the Roosters cant get near our offer and that they are leaning towards Hastings and Pearce now.

I think Maloney and Townsend will be a strong, solid combination giving us a very, very good kicking game and a reliable passing game.
Defense is an issue, but whatever, we have had a half back for 4 years whose best footballing trait is tackling and it has us no where so this will be a breath of fresh air.

If the Warriors pick up Nightingale, we could walk away with one or more outside backs from them.

Craigshark

First Grade
The reasoning Ben Hampton is not mentioned in our discussions is because he is absolute shit.
Been told that the Roosters cant get near our offer and that they are leaning towards Hastings and Pearce now.

I think Maloney and Townsend will be a strong, solid combination giving us a very, very good kicking game and a reliable passing game.
Defense is an issue, but whatever, we have had a half back for 4 years whose best footballing trait is tackling and it has us no where so this will be a breath of fresh air.

If the Warriors pick up Nightingale, we could walk away with one or more outside backs from them.

If we do, who goes from our backline?

Obviously Gordon won't be re-signed?

Beale/Leutele?

Then you have Holmes, Barba, Feki and Gagan next year. Bird wants to play in the centres.

It all sounds promising.

coolumsharkie

Referee

Yeah finally a kicking game thats not completely on the nose. My kingdom for a repeat set ffs!

Just on that last bit, warriors are champs for picking has beens like us (at the expense of juniors), with the exception that they churn out these big wide runners annually.

Card Shark

Immortal
I read Chad missed a howler, I guess that was it?

I just want to see vision of the Jono Wright f**k up. I thought he'd been going alright for the Warriors but (in)sanity apparently prevailed!

Edit: Just checked you tube & it was there late in the highlights package - stupid bugger gave them a dropout off a field goal attempt instead of a 20m tap & 7 tackles to get to the other end for their own field goal. Maybe he's still a shark & paying them back for Robson's brain snap against the Warriors.

Last edited:

sharkies90

Juniors
As far as I knew Jono Wright hadn't been doing to bad either.

So if we pick up a back or two from the Warriors I guess Leutele is given the boot seeing his contract expires at the end of this year. I though we had a couple of alright outside backs in the 20's anyway?

carcharias

Immortal
I want Hastings. Have we looked at him Cb?
yes from me.
He looked like he is about to take off ey?
Geeze he looked quick.
Kind of like DCE ...skinny lookin dude.

While Maloney would be pretty good...I reckon a young bloke like hastings to join Val , Bird and nu is a no brainer.
In 2 years they could be anything.

Ads

First Grade
yes from me.
He looked like he is about to take off ey?
Geeze he looked quick.
Kind of like DCE ...skinny lookin dude.

While Maloney would be pretty good...I reckon a young bloke like hastings to join Val , Bird and nu is a no brainer.
In 2 years they could be anything.

Yep, Maloney would be a good signing but Hastings could be anything. Obviously a bigger risk than Maloney but the kid is more confident than Bird. Thats where I would be throwing the cash. Townsend and Hastings would be an interesting combo.

I have no faith in Townsend, he is 3rd string option at Warriors in attack, he reminds slight improvement on Robson, but is basically Robbo clone.

Maloney & Hastings we should be chasing

Status
Not open for further replies.