What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New stadium - 2025

Big Mick

Referee
Another piece of news - the redevelopement goes to the Land & Environment Court in November to hear an appeal from the local Aboriginal Board against the denial of their land claim at the site.
More delays, and an adverse ruling could potentially scuttle the redevelopment.

LMAO they wanted the site for nothing? I'm sure they'll get "rent" paid to them to piss off and they'll be happy with that.

Big Mick

Referee
As I've discovered trying to build a home for the last 2 years - any time Council or Government departments get involved - it usually takes f**king forever due to the levels of incompetence.

snickers007

Juniors
They didn't have this sorted out already? Odd.

If their aim is to be compensated, the late claim is the way to go. Already significant time, effort and money has been spent. People are invested at all levels. Very likely they can name their price.

If they had of made their claim early, the developers could very easily walk away from the project altogether, and they miss out on their payday.

Fangs

Coach
If their aim is to be compensated, the late claim is the way to go. Already significant time, effort and money has been spent. People are invested at all levels. Very likely they can name their price.

If they had of made their claim early, the developers could very easily walk away from the project altogether, and they miss out on their payday.

We wouldn't be proactive here and go to them in advance though? Unless they weren't expecting a claim at all.

Pissing off a foreign investor is totally fine. I dont care if that guys view is obstructued because he already has a good view in his actual home. This one seems different you can't escape dealing with it these days.

Pjf04b

Juniors
The original claim was in 2009 and was denied in May this year. They lodged the appeal in August. It is just for the stadium sites and playing area. No idea what their motives are.

MugaB

Coach
Money of course
Seems to be everytime there's a high profile site that needs work done, there's always some scam artist ready to swoop in to slow it down, FFS land rights my anus

Read up on one of the comments on news.com article, this is by far the best

Henry:
Land claims are (almost) always in well-established locations - hardly ever in lower socio-economic locations.
Correct me if I'm wrong.

Latest posts