What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New stadium - 2025

chrisD

Coach

Attachments

• B. Architectural Drawings (dragged).pdf
    744.9 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:

chrisD

Coach
More elevations. Two 150 sq mts scoreboards, one at each end.

Attachments

• B. Architectural Drawings (dragged) 2.pdf
    166.7 KB · Views: 40
  • B. Architectural Drawings (dragged) 3.pdf
    187.3 KB · Views: 30
  • B. Architectural Drawings (dragged) 4.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 32

chrisD

Coach
Site Plan. Only two gates and both on the west side is a bit annoying.

Attachments

• B. Architectural Drawings (dragged).pdf
    718.3 KB · Views: 40

chrisD

Coach
@chrisD did you attend the community information sessions? If so, is their any new concept art or plans that weren't on the video?
I didn't go to that no. There are no new (accurate) perspectives, just the same ones that came with the announcement (touched up with some panther's colours here or there).

Some pretty pics out of the architectural design report.

Attachments

• G. Architectural Design Report(1) (dragged).pdf
    168 KB · Views: 50
  • G. Architectural Design Report(1) (dragged) 2.pdf
    71.6 KB · Views: 33
  • G. Architectural Design Report(1) (dragged) 3.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 27
Last edited:

Kilkenny

Coach
The aspect that caught my attention was the redevelopment of the vacant land on the old National / Panasonic site.

The most valuable real estate in Penrith has basically been vacant for 40 years now and it appears part of our stadium redevelopment includes 8 to 11 story apartment towers on the vacant land.

I‘m not sure whether anyone has actually known who is the owner of this parcel of land, Local Government, State Governmen, Panthers, Roger Cowan it has always been a mystery to me why it has gone undeveloped. Well it is part of the proposal as it stands which is interesting. I didn’t see it coming.

The aspect that caught my attention was the redevelopment of the vacant land on the old National / Panasonic site.

The most valuable real estate in Penrith has basically been vacant for 40 years now and it appears part of our stadium redevelopment includes 8 to 11 story apartment towers on the vacant land.

I‘m not sure whether anyone has actually known who is the owner of this parcel of land, Local Government, State Governmen, Panthers, Roger Cowan it has always been a mystery to me why it has gone undeveloped. Well it is part of the proposal as it stands which is interesting. I didn’t see it coming.
So Panasonic have not been there for 40 years?

Tonye1

Juniors
Just looked at the drawings for the new stadium. Overall very impressive.
Two things,
One the Southern Hill Food and Beverage will remain, will this get an upgrade?
Two there are no boxes in the Eastern Stand, that seems like an opportunity missed, easier to put in now than trying to retro fit them in the future.
Does anyone else have any thoughts on this?

Caged Panther

First Grade
Just looked at the drawings for the new stadium. Overall very impressive.
Two things,
One the Southern Hill Food and Beverage will remain, will this get an upgrade?
Two there are no boxes in the Eastern Stand, that seems like an opportunity missed, easier to put in now than trying to retro fit them in the future.
Does anyone else have any thoughts on this?
This question was asked during one of the community sessions.

Essentially it is best practice in most modern stadiums to keep all those sorts of facilities to one side.

Having them on both sides means you've then got to double up on all the services which adds additional cost and complexity to the project.

From memory though even with all the corporate boxes on one side the western stand ends up having a few thousand extra seats over what is currently in place.

Tonye1

Juniors
This question was asked during one of the community sessions.

Essentially it is best practice in most modern stadiums to keep all those sorts of facilities to one side.

Having them on both sides means you've then got to double up on all the services which adds additional cost and complexity to the project.

From memory though even with all the corporate boxes on one side the western stand ends up having a few thousand extra seats over what is currently in place.
Yes, I can understand that, but it still seems like a wasted opportunity to future proof the stadium.

I think even if they only put in the floor for them in, that would be a start.

Does the new politis stadium only have boxes on one side?

Kilkenny

Coach
I’m still trying to digest the mass of information, but on initial view it really does look pretty special.

Sure it is a modest increase on overall capacity, but the overall improvements in viewing, seating, corporates, accessibility, food and beverage it is a huge win on first glance.

snickers007

Juniors

All of us are Jack Cole right now

watch-brutal-moment-rugby-league-902934504.jpg