What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Stadium

LeagueXIII

First Grade
Anyone know the current situation with Castleford and their new stadium? Have they got approval or not? If so when will it be ready by?

Evil Homer

Staff member
Announced at today's match that they're looking to move in for the start of the 2018 season.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Believe it when i see it..

Seems to be more positive than wakefield anyway.

Was there any serious consideration given to ground sharing a new facility? Could have had a reasonable ground between them say similar in size to warrington.

Evil Homer

Staff member
Seems to be more positive than wakefield anyway.

Was there any serious consideration given to ground sharing a new facility? Could have had a reasonable ground between them say similar in size to warrington.
No, that type of thing would not work in the UK.

scribbs

Juniors
This from BBC site on 29/9/15 (sorry cannot post links yet)

Plans for a £135m development which will include a new home for Castleford Tigers, a retail park and country park have been given final approval.

In July it emerged the secretary of state had not "called in" the ambitious scheme which included a 10,000-capacity stadium near Glasshoughton.

Wakefield Council had already approved the plan, but on Monday evening the period for any judicial review expired. Wakefield Council leader Peter Box said it was "a great day for the town".

roughyedspud

Coach
like i said earlier in the thread..does'nt matter whether its wakefield or castleford...i'll believe it when i see it..

some councils are blind to that fact that a new stadium will benefit the whole community..and i include oldham in that..15-20 years ago the likes of hull,wigan,huddersfield,widnes councils saw the benefit in ploughing money into a sports stadiums...and they left the likes of oldham,wakefield even st helens councils behind....st helens actually financed their stadium themselves they got sick of waiting for the council

langpark

First Grade
It's official! Castleford's stadium has been approved for the 12th time!

Stay tuned for another article just like this about 3 months from now.

Latest posts