What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Stadiums in the next version

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Just wondering what new stadiums will be added to the next version, here's my suggestion, have the current stadiums in the game (except ANZ) then add :

*Central Coast Stadium
*Telstra Stadium (the newer version)
*EnergyAustralia Stadium (the updated version)
*Millenium Stadium
*Warrington's new home ground (whatever the name of the ground is)
*Manchester (Old Trafford)
*SCG
*North Harbour Stadium
*Ericsson Stadium (the updated version)

Mario

Juniors
PARRA_FAN said:
Just wondering what new stadiums will be added to the next version

Its generally a question of licensing (Old Trafford may be difficult to license), access to the ground (hard to do a decent job if they won't let us in to take photos), and timing (finding out we can add a stadium a couple of weeks before the end of development is too late).

At a minimum, for a sequel we would like to add the missing SuperLeague grounds. Other stadia will have to be evaluated and negotiated on a case by case basis.

Keep the suggestions coming though - it would be good to know which stadium you just couldn't live without in a sequel.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
That's alright just wanted make suggestions. I forgot about the other SL grounds, that is a good idea

It doesnt worry me if the next version comes out in 2005 or even 2006. Just so long as we know there is a sequel to this.

Keep up the good work Mario

Cheers. ;-)

RedV

Juniors
Knowsley Road, Millenium Stadium, perhaps Reebok Stadium, and the classic Wembley from many years ago! Classic Challenge Cup Final venue. The Twin towers!

kizzsc

Juniors
hey
to save time for the more important things
use dont really need to touch the stadiums that have already been made
(only those that have been updated can be fixed). leave the stadiums the way they are and just concentrate on gettin more stadiums, and other features of the game like franchise and online play etc

p.s the stadiums are quite high quality so dont touch!!

To tell you the truth I'd much rather Sidhe work out the game play issues rather than spend all their time on stadia.

Make things like passing the ball a bit more free flowing, fix up the sin bins, the kicking out of the kick off, the random forward passes, a few rules in the game are wrong, make interchanges easier, so you can swap a halfback and five-eighth around.

There are more important things to work on first, I'd rather great game play and no stadium at all than the other way around, there is only so long you can marvel at how much a stadium looks realistic.

CycloneSteve

Juniors
You have got to most certainly add the Goulburn Workers Arena. Its a world-class stadium, chock full of wonderful features such as:-
* The manual scoreboard and have kids operating it just like in real life!!!
* The worlds dodgiest officials box, badly in need of a paint job.
* The grandstand that faces at a bizarre angle so your actually facing the far left corner post and not the opposite touch line.
* And finally, what would be a great rural ground without having cars parked all around the outside of the field, honking their horns whenever a try is scored.

Ahhhhh wouldnt it be great. And Mario, it wouldnt be hard to get you access to the ground either. I know a great spot where there is a hole in the fence you can climb through to take all the photo's you want. :lol: :lol:

Goleel

Juniors
That would actually be pretty good as an unlockable ground or something like that, nothing like the old broken down club ground, perhaps the old Crestwood reserve could be reproduced, complete with divots, sidelines marked incorrectly down one side and thus are remarked 2 metres further in (never confusing), and the goal kicker having to run down the hill to get the ball after he kicks a conversion.

And the middle of the field would have to be pure mud after two rounds.

bryanthered

Juniors
it would be great to have all the super league grounds, and cardiff, plus old trafford, and how about a french, and p.n.g. ground.

and wembley and s.c.g. with classic matchs from the past in the game.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Lloyd Robson Oval is the main ground in Port Morsbey, they pack the joint nearly every week.

France would probably have Lyon or Carcassone

Paullyboy

Coach
CycloneSteve said:
* The grandstand that faces at a bizarre angle so your actually facing the far left corner post and not the opposite touch line.
* And finally, what would be a great rural ground without having cars parked all around the outside of the field, honking their horns whenever a try is scored.

hahah, that grandstand thing happens at my home ground too, except not only is it facing a weird angle, it is about 20 metres away from the nearest touchline.

***MH***

Bench
how about an in-game stadium editor where we can make our own local park grounds or 500,000 seat stadiums and stuff????

strong_latte

Juniors
Another fantasy stadium would be cool, like the colloseum in the current one. Maybe you could go the other way and have a futuristic massive stadium with all sorts of high tech things going on like the way that Nutra Grain add has the guy kicking to win the match against GB and the goal post raises higher... Well just a thought anyway ;)

Parra_Boy

Juniors
Goleel said:
And the middle of the field would have to be pure mud after two rounds.

Yeah and then after that it all hardens up and becomes a concreteish substance......I grazed myself silly on that ground, Hope it's good this year.