What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New team song

Zoidberg

First Grade
Just saw this on Knights Facebook page. Interesting...

http://www.newcastleknights.com.au/news/2014/04/02/knights_to_release_new_team_song.html

Knights to release team song
Wed 2nd April, 05:15PM

The Club is set to debut its new team song 'Long Live the Newcastle Knights' performed by Morgan Evans this Thursday evening on Channel Nine's The Footy Show.

The song will then be available as a free download on the Newcastle Knights website from Friday morning.

The song will then be performed live by Morgan at the Knights Good Friday game against the Broncos at Hunter Stadium.

Stay tuned to the website, Knights Facebook and Twitter accounts for more on the release of the team song.

Haffa

It's hardly upbeat enough to get anyone pumped up. The Facebook crowd will love it.

Frederick

Staff member
Haven't listened to it but I'm gonna take a stab that it's indie and trying to appeal to the hipster douches that are infesting out city?

Haffa

Haven't listened to it but I'm gonna take a stab that it's indie and trying to appeal to the hipster douches that are infesting out city?

Wrong. It's written to appeal to the people of Scone, Muswellbrook and Singleton.

Absolutely f**king horrible on so many levels. It is slow, dull, boring and country music orientated. What the actual f**k?

Burns

First Grade
Still confused if this is the new 'official' team song. I always assumed 'Go Hard, Go Knights' was our song, it's what was played throughout the Finals Series last year for instance.

Ugh, Western Country rock sounds so lame. Lyrics are kinda cringe-y too.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Ive always like the idea of a game day song for each team; different to a victory, a gameday song is what you try to get the crowd singing before every game to get them loud and united (crowds singing together has been shown to bring people together). Its the reason the NFL plays their National Anthem before every game; its not about patriotism, its about getting the crowd to sing together so they will feel like part of something bigger (like part of a huge team).

It is hard to find a style that everyone likes, but country is just a poor decision. Go Hard Go Knights was almost as bad, but that was just an 80s or 90s product that just aged quickly.

This...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EC-MumVCx7k

...even though its kind of a shit song, is good because its up beat and fun and cheesy enough to sing for fun.

I personally think the best option is going patriotic, its the only thing everyone will get into. Organise a local military band to play Waltzing Matilda...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qwK09P0soo

...before every game across the NRL (say its about honouring our noble service men and women or some cheese bullshit like that) and get everyone to sing along.

That definitely the easiest way to get the crowd buzzing...

Last edited:

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Honestly, this is actually starting to grow on me...

I still hate the Country style but thats not actually that hard to get right of...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFI0lxsjTjo this is actually the original version of that Beyonce song (and yes, im sorry for making any of you listen to that, but it proves the point)

The song itself is actually quite catch and i can imagine a crowd getting into a sing along at least in the chorus...

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Actually, forget everything ive said so far. Its been stuck in my head all day and i love it now.

It actually has a pub band, drinking song feel to it which im loving....

Last edited:

Latest posts