What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Team

Mario chalmers

Juniors
Play Taylor at second row and give him licence to use his hands. He was great as a ball playing lock when he first came to us.

The only significant weakness I think we have is the 12 jersey. Pretty well rounded elsewhere. Everyone does their job and we could put some serious points on.

Agree re Taylor doing a lot of ball playing from 13 when he first arrived. We should rever to that.

Mario chalmers

Juniors
Everyone is picking Eisenhuth and overall I am pretty happy with his game but there are a few times I'd like him to take the ball up hard, lately his first thoughts seem to get to the line and look for a pass. He is a big unit and I'd like to see him running much harder...if he breaks the line THEN look to pass.

Couldn't agree more. He looks to pass too often.

Mario chalmers

Juniors
I like this idea as well but I'd be inclined to have a utility or dummy half on the bench to give us some spark if required. I don't think we need 7 middle forwards. 6 means every player only plays half a game.

We need to fix fullback, hooker and our right edge backrower. I think fullback and hooker are now fixed but that backrow spot is a concern.

ET is also a problem. I think he is much better at lock then on the edge but we have a lot of good middle forwards. He has had a poor year as well even though he isn't being used well. He isn't fast or big or elusive enough to be a damaging runner of the footy. I rate him highly but it's a professional sport and we can't just pick players based on effort. I'd though give him either lock or that right edge spot and give him some time there.
I think Aloiai is the answer on the right edge. He is a damaging runner.

I don't mind your earlier suggestion of moving Masters in but that weakens the centre considerably and we are already short there.

Rochow played ISP against Manly the other week and did nothing to warrant a return to NRL. If anything Luke Garner was better than McQueen and Rochow which worries me. He was also very ordinary against Canberra.

My forward pack for the rest of the year

13. Taylor
12. Aloiai
11. Lawrence
10. Matulino
9. Farah
8. Packer

14. Chee Kam
15. Twal
16. Eisenhuth
17. Sue

I hope we can sign a right edge backrower and a left centre by June 30. There must still be some motivation for Curtis Rona given he didn't play a minute for the Wallabies in the Test series that has just wrapped up.

Don't know where the right edge player comes from

I'm assuming Tim Grant is released pre-June 30. I'm surprised he's been playing the last few weeks in front of Jesse Sue

Tiger05

First Grade
I've basically given up on Aloiai making it as an edge backrower. He has feet as hands and isn't in that centre/backrower category like someone like Marsters. I'd love to see him make that spot his own but I'd just play him as a middle forward from now on. He could be a really good middle forward.

I want Aloiai to come good but I think he is like Tui in that they need to be given roles that they are suitable for. Tui doesn't have the pace or lots of fullbacking nous to make it at fullback whereas at 6 he looks good.

simmo1

First Grade
I've basically given up on Aloiai making it as an edge backrower. He has feet as hands and isn't in that centre/backrower category like someone like Marsters. I'd love to see him make that spot his own but I'd just play him as a middle forward from now on. He could be a really good middle forward.

I want Aloiai to come good but I think he is like Tui in that they need to be given roles that they are suitable for. Tui doesn't have the pace or lots of fullbacking nous to make it at fullback whereas at 6 he looks good.

Tend to agree.

Aloiai was fantastic on the edge at the end of last season and I was hoping he'd develop into a hard running edge forward. He still runs hard, but can't hold onto the ball. He's not even looking to offload and just drops it cold.

Tui plays 6 or not at all.

magpie4ever

First Grade
Tend to agree.

Aloiai was fantastic on the edge at the end of last season and I was hoping he'd develop into a hard running edge forward. He still runs hard, but can't hold onto the ball. He's not even looking to offload and just drops it cold.

Not at all.

Thought that this thread was as good as any to show the following from the weekends games.

Kevin Naiqama, Fiji

80 minutes, 15 runs for 215 metres, 1 try assist, 1 linebreak assist, 4 tackle breaks, 2 tackles

Tuimoala Lolohea, Tonga

80 minutes, 3 runs for 14 metres, 2 tackle breaks, 1 offload, 130 kick metres, 15 tackles

Michael Chee Kam, Samoa

80 minutes, 10 runs for 110 metres, 4 tackle breaks, 37 tackles

Josh Aloiai, Samoa

40 minutes, 6 runs for 55 metres, 27 tackles

Pita Godinet, Samoa

54 minutes, 3 runs for 15 metres, 1 tackle break, 1 offload, 21 tackles

Esan Marsters, New Zealand

80 minutes, 1 try, 13 runs for 187 metres, 1 linebreak assist, 2 linebreaks, 6 tackle breaks, 4 offloads

Luke Garner, NSW Residents

80 minutes, 1 try, 9 runs for 82 metres, 1 linebreak, 3 tackle breaks, 30 tackles

Bayley Sironen, NSW Residents

24 minutes, 5 runs for 49 metres, 2 tackle breaks, 9 tackles

JJ Felise, NSW Residents

45 minutes, 11 runs for 119 metres, 1 tackle break, 15 tackles

A few 80 minute games there. Some made plenty of tackles and others made plenty of metres.

Mario chalmers

Juniors
Thought that this thread was as good as any to show the following from the weekends games.

Kevin Naiqama, Fiji

80 minutes, 15 runs for 215 metres, 1 try assist, 1 linebreak assist, 4 tackle breaks, 2 tackles

Tuimoala Lolohea, Tonga

80 minutes, 3 runs for 14 metres, 2 tackle breaks, 1 offload, 130 kick metres, 15 tackles

Michael Chee Kam, Samoa

80 minutes, 10 runs for 110 metres, 4 tackle breaks, 37 tackles

Josh Aloiai, Samoa

40 minutes, 6 runs for 55 metres, 27 tackles

Pita Godinet, Samoa

54 minutes, 3 runs for 15 metres, 1 tackle break, 1 offload, 21 tackles

Esan Marsters, New Zealand

80 minutes, 1 try, 13 runs for 187 metres, 1 linebreak assist, 2 linebreaks, 6 tackle breaks, 4 offloads

Luke Garner, NSW Residents

80 minutes, 1 try, 9 runs for 82 metres, 1 linebreak, 3 tackle breaks, 30 tackles

Bayley Sironen, NSW Residents

24 minutes, 5 runs for 49 metres, 2 tackle breaks, 9 tackles

JJ Felise, NSW Residents

45 minutes, 11 runs for 119 metres, 1 tackle break, 15 tackles

A few 80 minute games there. Some made plenty of tackles and others made plenty of metres.
Luke Garner looked good on the right edge. Runs a good line and is a solid defender

Latest posts