What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New You Am I !

carcharias

Immortal
Hang onto your hairspray Ron Jeremy because the Greatest band in the land is back with a new album.

'Dilettantes' is out in Sept .

get a little sneak preview of the first single of the same name here

YOU AM I

Bit of of an acoustic mellow song first up.
Nics string thing going on in the middle.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
bahahaha i've heard cats f**k with more harmony!

That sounds like sh*t!

Australian music, nothing quite like it bahahahaha

salivor

First Grade
Who the f**k are You Am I? Listening to that piss weak song I can see why the rest of the world has never heard of them let alone give a sh*t.

miniHINDY

Juniors
Who the f**k are You Am I? Listening to that piss weak song I can see why the rest of the world has never heard of them let alone give a sh*t.

oh you know, just the only Australian band to have three consecutive number one albums. Just rock and roll legends that have made about every Australian best albums list, just a band that every young rock band looks up to, just the band that released the best two Australian albums ever, just a band that have written more classics than you've had hot breakfasts.

You need a history lesson, bucko.

simmo1

First Grade
And how many international hits?

They only get number 1's in Australia, because there are enough bogans who are stupid enough to listen to it.

fish eel

Immortal

hits smits.

Sonic youth, REM, Soundgarden...amoung the o/s bands to hail Tim Rogers songwriting.

They only get number 1's in Australia, because there are enough bogans who are stupid enough to listen to it.

LOL.....bogans listening to boneheaded sexist 80s c**k rock

salivor

First Grade
oh you know, just the only Australian band to have three consecutive number one albums. Just rock and roll legends that have made about every Australian best albums list, just a band that every young rock band looks up to, just the band that released the best two Australian albums ever, just a band that have written more classics than you've had hot breakfasts.

You need a history lesson, bucko.

Yet just across the ditch nobody would know who the f**k they are. Big inside Australia? Whoopdy f**ken do. If You Am I is apparently the best Australia has to offer then a once decent Australian music industry has gone down the sh*tter. I'll see your You Am I and raise you Shihad, you know a band who's actually been heard of outside their own shores.

Ron Jeremy said:
exactly :lol:

Hair bands still suck Ron :p;-)

fish eel

Immortal
Yet just across the ditch nobody would know who the f**k they are. Big inside Australia? Whoopdy f**ken do. If You Am I is apparently the best Australia has to offer then a once decent Australian music industry has gone down the sh*tter. I'll see your You Am I and raise you Shihad, you know a band who's actually been heard of outside their own shores.

ahhh...Shihad, seen them opening for you am i a few times......

miniHINDY

Juniors
Shihad, isn't that a band that attempted to make it overseas, changed their name and their sound for commercial success.Then gave up a few years later when they realised what idiots they'd been and of how little significance the international market really is.

Great example.

miniHINDY

Juniors

They haven't had international hits because what they do is so quintessentially Australian in nature. The imagery, the sound, the band members; it's so relatable to the Australian experience that it just wouldn't work in the US.

And that's part of the reason they're so damn good imo.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
They haven't had international hits because what they do is so quintessentially Australian in nature. The imagery, the sound, the band members; it's so relatable to the Australian experience that it just wouldn't work in the US.

And that's part of the reason they're so damn good imo.

Icehouse and Men at Work music was relatable also to Australia and its culture, they made it:lol:

Even in Australia, when they tour, what venues do they use? i'm assuming arenas so they can jam everyone to witness the 'The imagery, the sound, the band members; it's so relatable to the Australian experience':lol:

Mini, they are not great musicians nor song writers, some may think they are but how is that so? Fiona Horne was a better song writer, she wrote about things relating to what she;s passionate about, does that make her a great songwriter? plese tell me what makes a person a great songwriter Minihindy, i think the only reason why you listen to You am I and the Saints is because it's percieved as tasteful and the in thing at Uni:lol: Many Americans believe that Axl rose is the best, why isn't Tim an international celebrity? ffs even Missy Higginshas done more:lol::lol:

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Shihad, isn't that a band that attempted to make it overseas, changed their name and their sound for commercial success.Then gave up a few years later when they realised what idiots they'd been and of how little significance the international market really is.

Great example.

excuses excuses

so even when they tried to go commercia they still couldn't make t:lol:

You don't have change your style much for commercial success Mini, Van Halens first 4 albums showed as much apart from one or two songs on the album, they still maintained there distinctive sound.

Latest posts