What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New You Am I !

salivor

First Grade
Shihad, isn't that a band that attempted to make it overseas, changed their name and their sound for commercial success.Then gave up a few years later when they realised what idiots they'd been and of how little significance the international market really is.

Great example.

At least they had a go and had some success. I and the rest of the world are still wondering who this poxy sh*tty sounding Aussie band You Am I are. I couldn't even listen to that whole track posted it was so bland. I'd be embarrassed to be releasing an album with that as a single. I can only imagine how bad the rest of it gets if that's the best track on the thing.

salivor

First Grade
miniHINDY said:
how little significance the international market really is.

:lol::lol::lol:

This bit deserved it's own individual response. On the contrary, if you can't make it in either the US or European markets then you aint anything.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
At least they had a go and had some success. I and the rest of the world are still wondering who this poxy sh*tty sounding Aussie band You Am I are. I couldn't even listen to that whole track posted it was so bland. I'd be embarrassed to be releasing an album with that as a single. I can only imagine how bad the rest of it gets if that's the best track on the thing.

:lol: but it has 'feeling' and great lyrically:lol:

You am I is a crappy band that remind me of the Ramones, both talentless sh*t, never had a international platinum album, atleast Ramones influenced generation of tripe, You am I cannot even do that.

You am I is percieved cool because alot of people who live in funky little places like Newtown and enmore like them, demographics that's all it is, i don't see many people in Claymore listening to You am I, however Uni students seem to love them as well as those stupid poofy neck scarfs and badges all over their f**king jackets!

I always get into arguments with Australian music morons ( who by coincidence also seem to be Ramones fans as well:roll: gotta love Rolling stones mag) at my University ( Newcastle) the dopey f**ks dont know what hit them:lol:

Last edited:

Ron Jeremy

Coach

This bit deserved it's own individual response. On the contrary, if you can't make it in either the US or European markets then you aint anything.

exactly, if you have a certan amount of appeal and can bring something new to the industry then you will be a success, it only seems to be the rejects that piss and moan about not having to mke it internationally:lol:

carcharias

Immortal
Ron you should do some research into YAI.

FTR have you ever been to the US or Europe to see the absolute rednecks buying albums by the likes of VH?

I have.

Europe is hilarious....they still rate golden earing...they are still making a living from radar love.

simmo1

First Grade

Yeah, everyone knows the Australian market is the benchmark. :lol::crazy:

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Ron you should do some research into YAI.

FTR have you ever been to the US or Europe to see the absolute rednecks buying albums by the likes of VH?

I have.

Europe is hilarious....they still rate golden earing...they are still making a living from radar love.

I've seen plenty of rednecks buy Midnight Oil Carch;-)

Last edited:

fish eel

Immortal

But what is 'making it?'

As Tim Rogers, he'll tell you he is quite content with their level of success in the states.

They can go and tour, draw decent crowds to clubs and get on the bill of decent sized shows as a headliner. They've carved a nice little cult niche, as they have in parts of europe and the UK.

Not every measures success in terms of records sold.

If You Am I did, Tim Rogers would have bowed to record company pressure in the States to write more radio friendly stuff....

Ron Jeremy

Coach
But what is 'making it?'

As Tim Rogers, he'll tell you he is quite content with their level of success in the states.

Offcourse he would say that:lol: just like Matty O will also tell you that he prefers rleague being alot quiter now, bullsh*t!

They can go and tour, draw decent crowds to clubs and get on the bill of decent sized shows as a headliner. They've carved a nice little cult niche, as they have in parts of europe and the UK.

So did David Koresh, pitty it hasn't translated too record sales

Not every measures success in terms of records sold.

That's what unsuccessful bands say, much like when fat people tell you that inner beauty is on the inside.

If You Am I did, Tim Rogers would have bowed to record company pressure in the States to write more radio friendly stuff....

Yeah You am I are to hardcore, if they got offered a huge dollar contract in the US they'd take it, everybody would. They're failuers and full of excuses, simply, if they were that good they would be worldwide celebrities,even Missy Higgins has made inroads.

Last edited:

Stagger eel

Staff member
Damn, have to wait until tonight. Dont have sound on my work PC.

I'm just about to crank up in my office the Hi Fi Way bonus disc.

One of the best sounding live recordings you'll hear.

"That name again is You Am I if you give a f**k and Boston if you don't" :lol:

hey fish...question without notice regarding that disc.

Andy Kent {I think it was him} introduced a "Taz" to the audience and declaring that he'll be blowing their mind in about 20 minutes..

who was Taz..and what band was his refering too??

fish eel

Immortal
hey fish...question without notice regarding that disc.

Andy Kent {I think it was him} introduced a "Taz" to the audience and declaring that he'll be blowing their mind in about 20 minutes..

who was Taz..and what band was his refering too??

That show was recorded in Seattle (?) when they did a big run of shows opening for Soundgarden.

I'm not exactly sure who Andy is referring to. I have a poster from that tour at home, and I can check it tonight.

I think he is referring to Taz, who was the drummer for Reverend Horton Heat, who may have been on the bill.

Or, a reference to the singer Tad, of the seattle band of the same name who may have also been on the bill. I'll check the poster tonight - that will have the answer. :cool:

edit:

I found this poster on line, it's not from the same show, but looks like it is from the same tour which would indicate it is a reference to Taz of Reverend Horton Heat fame

48482.jpg

Last edited:

Stagger eel

Staff member
That show was recorded in Seattle (?) when they did a big run of shows opening for Soundgarden.

I'm not exactly sure who Andy is referring to. I have a poster from that tour at home, and I can check it tonight.

I think he is referring to Taz, who was the drummer for Reverend Horton Heat, who may have been on the bill.

Or, a reference to the singer Tad, of the seattle band of the same name who may have also been on the bill. I'll check the poster tonight - that will have the answer. :cool:

thanks for that..

there's a reason why I want to know who it is and it probably doesn't answer my question but in that particular gig was the bill, Garden, RHH and YAI..only???

carcharias

Immortal
one of the best bonus cd's ever made.

who are we?
who are you ? who's any of us ...who the fug cares?

Hi we're Crosby , still and Nash .

Thanks for paying all that money for all that free love.

This Riff's gonna change your life.

fish eel

Immortal
thanks for that..

there's a reason why I want to know who it is and it probably doesn't answer my question but in that particular gig was the bill, Garden, RHH and YAI..only???

I'm not sure. Check back in tonight - once I get home I'll get to the bottom of it. :cool:

one of the best bonus cd's ever made.

who are we?
who are you ? who's any of us ...who the fug cares?

Hi we're Crosby , still and Nash .

Thanks for paying all that money for all that free love.

This Riff's gonna change your life.

Such a better recording of them than Saturday Night Round 10 IMO.

Latest posts