What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Young Guns?

chooky

Juniors
Maroubra Eel said:
chooky said:
Fibro Man, please tell me your name doesn't refer to how your house is built? :shock:
Tell us about your house chooky, you little smartarse.

Made of Brick...3 bed..etc etc

Mine won't blow down in the wind :lol:

Roosterphin

Juniors
izzo said:
The Backpacker said:
izzo said:
Get your own Juniors woops I forgot you dont have any.

Gee, another blindingly intelligent individual with an original comment. :roll:

Im just stating facts

Facts? But you have a picture of Ricko, Todd Byrne, Ryan Cross and Craig Wing all of which are Eastern Suburbs juniors. Plus Michael Crocker, Chris Flannery that came from up here from the feeder arrangements.

I think you might like to get your facts RIGHT

Tigerpete

Juniors
Wing: Came through the ranks at souths

Crocker: QLD

Cross: Rugby Union

Flannery:QLD

The way i see it it doesnt matter, the arguement here is you dont have any juniors and that you need them. Every other club barr yourselves and Melbourne get the majority of players from junior ranks!

Why is you've been round for over 90 yrs and still have no juniors........get yourself some!!!, do something about it instead of whining to the NRL about the salary cap being to small, you stupid bunch of headless chooks.......go F*** yoursleves!!!!!!

innsaneink

Referee
Aww Souths pinched all there juniors 50 years ago!!!
Serves you right I say. Souths doing a much better job,
Souths Jnrs best run juniors anywhere.

roosters2004

Juniors
firbo man u say the under 15' from west can beat any jnr team??? try and beat the penrth harold matts under 15's team.....

Roosterphin

Juniors
Tigerpete said:

The way i see it it doesnt matter, the arguement here is you dont have any juniors and that you need them. Every other club barr yourselves and Melbourne get the majority of players from junior ranks!

Why is you've been round for over 90 yrs and still have no juniors........get yourself some!!!, do something about it instead of whining to the NRL about the salary cap being to small, you stupid bunch of headless chooks.......go F*** yoursleves!!!!!!

Ahh tiger its so funny to see one make a fool of oneselves

Wing: Played forCoogee Wombats. I do believe Coogee is in the Eastern Suburbs

Crocker and Flannery: played for the Dolphins who are the feeder club for the Roosters

Cross: played Rugby at school. So did Wally Lewis

Prove to me by listing all other teams with all their local juniors that the Roosters are the worst

Tigerpete

Juniors
roosterphin..........My arguement though is, WHY dont the roosters do something about establishing their own junior league here in sydney. If Souths can , Norths can, why cant the Roosters, as far as i see it they think its easier to establish links with a league elsewhere and pinch their players rather than spend money on developing thier own. And then they complain about the salary cap.....SELFISH B@st@rds!!!!!!!

innsaneink

Referee
Aaaahhh roosterphin...yes it is amusing to see one make a fool of himself.
Coogee may be in the eastern Suburbs...but Coogee-R'wick rlfc are a part of Souths Jnrs and have been for some 33 years.
Oh thats right....it WAS your area........ 50 years ago. Like Hurstville and Bankstown were once Western Suburbs area. Like Manly was once Norths domain. Sutherland=Dragons...etc etc. Times change, things change...but the fact remains the Roosters are an arrogant Wank of a club!

wolves7

Juniors
fibro man said:
Roosterphin said:
Whatever Fibro boy it is all a result of relatives mating!

BTW I dont live in Yuppieville but I guarantee I could get a group of under 15 Queenslanders that would belt the best of the west

Queensland has yuppie suburbs too, and I'm tipping you might live in one? The mighty Panthers bought a couple of Queenslanders this year, so we'll see how they go in 2004. I would never knock Queensland players just for coming from north of the border, after all, you did produce Scott Sattler and Rhys Wesser.

look out not queensland... windsor wolves club side smached toowoomba rep side 3-0 in a series

up the west

wolves7

Juniors
roosters2004 said:
look out not queensland... windsor wolves club side smached toowoomba rep side 3-0 in a series

up the west

look out not the wolves! they got smashed in the grandfinal somethin like 40-6

ok then rooster2004 the same guy who though we where talking about west magpies not the west

just goes 2 show how bad queensland jnrs are cause there just soft cocks who think they are the best

Tigerpete said:
roosterphin..........My arguement though is, WHY dont the roosters do something about establishing their own junior league here in sydney. If Souths can , Norths can, why cant the Roosters, as far as i see it they think its easier to establish links with a league elsewhere and pinch their players rather than spend money on developing thier own. And then they complain about the salary cap.....SELFISH B@st@rds!!!!!!!

Most NRL clubs have a QLD Cup feeder club. Even the Broncos have Toowoomba. Melbourne have Norths. It makes good business sense.

The Roosters bring in jersey sponsorship so everyone follows.
The Roosters set up a feeder arrangement with redcliffe so others follow.
As for pinching players a lot of you trot out the same crap week after week. Uneducated rubbish. Finch and Hodges are the only two that we have purchased whilst still wanted by there respective clubs.

All others have either come from our feeder arrangements or have played with us since Jersey Flegg at least or have been picked up after being released or unwanted by there respective clubs.

Narcissist

Juniors
Fittler-Penrith
Hegarty-QLD
Hodges-Broncos
Finch-Canberra
Fitzgibbon-St George/Illawarra
Davico-Canberra
Cayless-Parramatta
Catic-Penrith
Morely-Leeds

That's all i can think of, feel free to add some more if u think of any!
No wonder they want the salary cap increased, they have no juniors!

ozzie

Bench
Tigerpete said:

its called jealousy - but I just don't care a damn - when your club is as good as ours Tigercrap - come and talk again...by the way we do have a feeder club in QLD ad as far as i am concerned we spend money on them - they are our juniors..but your just a clown anyways..

ozzie

Bench
Kiwi Bob said:
Fittler-Penrith
Hegarty-QLD
Hodges-Broncos
Finch-Canberra
Fitzgibbon-St George/Illawarra
Davico-Canberra
Cayless-Parramatta
Catic-Penrith
Morely-Leeds

That's all i can think of, feel free to add some more if u think of any!
No wonder they want the salary cap increased, they have no juniors!

who is this clown - Davico still plays with Canberra - yep you know a lot don't you...are you on the same planet as others - do you ever do research before you put your fingers to the keyboard - what is your name?? The three stooges??

Shall I go through your team next?? No I don't think so..maybe the Backpacker may rip you apart but i couldn't bother..

How's Tookey and marsh going - from parramatta??

So blokes from country NSW and QLD that aren't broncos players are not allowed to play NRL. Because if players have to come solely from junior ranks, it leaves these poor blokes without clubs.

I think it time we woke up and smelt the roses. Saints in the 50's and 60's started the trend of bringing in young players from elsewhere. Was langlands a Saints junior NO Wollongong. Was Raper a Saints junior Nup. Was Churchill a Souths junior Nup. Were the Mortimers and Brentnall Canterbury juniors Nup. Sterling came from Toowoomba did he not. Cronin from Gerringong. In todays game Peachey, Lyon, Hindmarsh brothers amongst others are all from country NSW or QLD. So what's the difference.

The fact is

Flannery
Crocker
Minichiello
The Paea brothers
Shillington

etc etc have all played at least Flegg at the Roosters and if other clubs are now upset that they weren't the Roosters juniors maybe there clubs should be getting out and talent spotting as well.

Latest posts