What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Zealand 2 will deal a massive blow to NZ rugby

Gobsmacked

Bench
I hold his opinion in as much stead as Toovey, Kemp, Johns, Fittler, Gould, and anyone else who thinks they know what it should be, including you lol
Toovey had a full explanation why NZ was a no brainer and after he finished Tallis says yeah the AFL states too...
That's your " Perth " indorsment ? Lmao

Wb1234

Referee
Whats that got to do with the price of fish?
NRL signing NZ players isnt revenue the NZRL has available to spend to grow the game.
You are even dumber than I thought well done

it’s not just one nrl club competing with the all
Blacks for talent is it ?

Perth Red

Post Whore
You are even dumber than I thought well done

it’s not just one nrl club competing with the all
Blacks for talent is it ?
keep up, NZRLhas $8.8million to spend on growing the game. NZRU has $308million. Who do you think wins that fight? Why do you think RL is played in 4 schools and RU in 120? ITs as dumb as saying a Perth or melbourne NRL team will make NRL more popualr than AFL. youd have to be pretty dumb.

I mean this is what the game is facing without any money to change the perception of rugby league.

Moving to New Plymouth secondary schools, “They just made this assumption about me as one of those brown boys from South Auckland.”
He was lumped into what was commonly referred to as the “cabbage class” along with other brown students expected to be into “rugby, league or gangs”, which also brought bullying from other students.

Wb1234

Referee
keep up, NZRLhas $8.8million to spend on growing the game. NZRU has $308million. Who do you think wins that fight? Why do you think RL is played in 4 schools and RU in 120? ITs as dumb as saying a Perth or melbourne NRL team will make NRL more popualr than AFL. youd have to be pretty dumb.

I mean this is what the game is facing without any money to change the perception of rugby league.

Moving to New Plymouth secondary schools, “They just made this assumption about me as one of those brown boys from South Auckland.”
He was lumped into what was commonly referred to as the “cabbage class” along with other brown students expected to be into “rugby, league or gangs”, which also brought bullying from other students.

Ok for the purposes of this thread I’m going to assume you know nothing about the nrl

the nzrl is irrelevant

it’s the nrl vs super rugby and the all blacks

it’s union ability to keep players in the face of the nrl salary cap growing to 15 million pa and Aussie clubs offering them 2 million plus pa to switch to league

Just watching NRL 360 and they asked the question, who do you think should be the next team and Geoff Tovey Said New Zealand without a doubt! And elaborated on the rivalry, talent ect.
The next team will be New Zealand.
The sold out Suncorp Stadium the biggest rivalry set to be unleashed basically guaranteed it.
The NRL have the opportunity to replicate this hugely successful expansion, there's no way they will waste that opportunity.

They've already told us 🤷‍♂️

How the f**k does a sold out Lang Park clash between Brisbane Broncos and Redcliffe Dolphins guarantee the next team will be from New Zealand?

Rugby league is the most popular sport in Brisbane. Brisbane has over 2.5 million people. The game was always going to be a sell out.

There is no city in New Zealand that is equivalent to Brisbane.

Auckland cannot sustain a second team. The one it does have is only half as big as the Broncos.

No other city in New Zealand is big enough to support an NRL team without assistance from the ARLC.

The only serious candidates for the 18th licence are Pirates and Firehawks.

Don't be surprised if we end up with Pirates, Firehawks and Jets by 2035. They're the only bids that have any substance to them. The ARLC is not interested in propping up a franchise in a volatile market and the broadcasters will not want a second New Zealand team.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ck9

Perth Red

Post Whore
Ok for the purposes of this thread I’m going to assume you know nothing about the nrl

the nzrl is irrelevant

it’s the nrl vs super rugby and the all blacks

it’s union ability to keep players in the face of the nrl salary cap growing to 15 million pa and Aussie clubs offering them 2 million plus pa to switch to league
ok, if you want to take that angle how much do the NRL spend in NZ?