What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Zealand 2 will deal a massive blow to NZ rugby

Te Kaha

First Grade
The big difference being that NZ2 would be backed up by a behemoth of a competition currently firing on all cylinders and likely to become even more financially powerful come the next TV deal NRL compared to the hindenburg super rugby competition.

There you go again, proving what an idiot you are your ilk are. Its NZR who pays the players not Super Rugby. You guys don't have a clue what's going on in NZ.
Not to mention you are are proven liar.. One post claimed you haven't watched a game in 25 years and in another you say Jordie Barrett would go well in League.

The big difference being that NZ2 would be backed up by a behemoth of a competition currently firing on all cylinders and likely to become even more financially powerful come the next TV deal NRL compared to the hindenburg super rugby competition.

Our game does not invest in its expansion clubs. The ARL went out of its way to make the Cowboys pay $800k on a) flying Sydney clubs to and from Townsville in 1995 and b) covering their accommodation. It bankrupted the club and forced them to side with News Ltd. Similar stipulations were placed on the Reds and Warriors.

Gobsmacked

Bench
There you go again, proving what an idiot you are your ilk are. Its NZR who pays the players not Super Rugby. You guys don't have a clue what's going on in NZ.
Not to mention you are are proven liar.. One post claimed you haven't watched a game in 25 years and in another you say Jordie Barrett would go well in League.
Honestly, one look at the guy and I think he'd be snapped in 2 in League.
Looks weak as piss. Definitely a pass for the All blacks though.
Sualii leaves the Roosters to become a big fish in a very small pond and paid accordingly , practically guaranted a Wallabies jumper. An All black comes to the NRL and there's a very good chance he would be learning the ropes in NSW cup, that's just the reality.

Wb1234

Referee
Sualii leaves the Roosters to become a big fish in a very small pond and paid accordingly , practically guaranted a Wallabies jumper. An All black comes to the NRL and there's a very good chance he would be learning the ropes in NSW cup, that's just the reality.
Hahahhaha

Te Kaha

First Grade

Yeah but you haven't been right about anything in this thread so why would that be any different.
And you think an NRL team will pay 800k-1mil dollars a year for a player to play NSW cup? And you want NZ2 to do just that?? Talk about a stupid business plan. It's no wonder you don't understand basic economics if that's your belief.
Oh and that same player, a fullback, when the All Blacks had an injury crisis at "Inside Centre", played him there instead of former NRL Dally M player of the Year RTS, whose position that is.
Someone who you consider NSW Cup quality is better than a former NRL Dally M player.

Gobsmacked

Bench
Yeah but you haven't been right about anything in this thread so why would that be any different.
And you think an NRL team will pay 800k-1mil dollars a year for a player to play NSW cup? And you want NZ2 to do just that?? Talk about a stupid business plan. It's no wonder you don't understand basic economics if that's your belief.
Oh and that same player, a fullback, when the All Blacks had an injury crisis at "Inside Centre", played him there instead of former NRL Dally M player of the Year RTS, whose position that is.
Someone who you consider NSW Cup quality is better than a former NRL Dally M player.
I've said from the beginning that the only reason you'd go after an ALL black or 2 is for the free press, which only pays off with a NZ team, especially a new one 🤷‍♂️
If Christchurch got a team for instance and signed an All black for say 1.5 million, I'd give them 3 million worth of advertising in publicity with the added bonus that they go alright.

I've stated numerous times that this is the reason it isn't already happening. The All blacks are good at Union but an NRL club isn't throwing their roster down the drain blowing their cap on a maybe.
For obvious reasons Union do it because.. well, it isn't a maybe. There's hours and hours of footage showing raw ability.
Union and the nature of that game gives us no such footage or assurance. Hence why I'd be a marketing stunt.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Moves like this will help kill it off. Everyone across 5 Australian Super Rugby just got overlooked for someone who doesn't even play the game. 😳🤣
Great message to send.
If you want to make it big , play NRL.
Haha, the irony in this post is beyond measurement given what you’ve been saying about nzru and nrl signing union players

Gobsmacked

Bench
Haha, the irony in this post is beyond measurement given what you’ve been saying about nzru and nrl signing union players
Geez your off the pace on this topic.
Maybe just stick to Perth bs propaganda where you ignore a Perth team who were getting sub 10k crowd regularly in favour of 1 off out of town teams 👌

Te Kaha

First Grade
I've said from the beginning that the only reason you'd go after an ALL black or 2 is for the free press, which only pays off with a NZ team, especially a new one 🤷‍♂️
If Christchurch got a team for instance and signed an All black for say 1.5 million, I'd give them 3 million worth of advertising in publicity with the added bonus that they go alright.

I've stated numerous times that this is the reason it isn't already happening. The All blacks are good at Union but an NRL club isn't throwing their roster down the drain blowing their cap on a maybe.
For obvious reasons Union do it because.. well, it isn't a maybe. There's hours and hours of footage showing raw ability.
Union and the nature of that game gives us no such footage or assurance. Hence why I'd be a marketing stunt.

So signing a maybe for a huge chunk of the cap is a good business model to you??? And given how hard it is for Auckland to sign existing talent, I'm sure all the League players who wont be getting 1.5 mill a year will be thrilled and just love to sign for a new team, not.

Gobsmacked

Bench
Watching the Brisbane derby at Suncorp last night was the best as a rl fan! Imagine just how dumb you'd be to base yourself 5000km away...
You left the north of England to come to a seemingly richer Rugby League community and based yourself in Perth 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Honestly this level of stupid in why I left Perth.

Gobsmacked

Bench
So signing a maybe for a huge chunk of the cap is a good business model to you??? And given how hard it is for Auckland to sign existing talent, I'm sure all the League players who wont be getting 1.5 mill a year will be thrilled and just love to sign for a new team, not.
There's 1 Wallabies team that EVERYONE in Union are trying to make...
17 NRL clubs lol
I would love to meet a player who thinks they didn't make the NRL because an All black was signed 🤣
f**k your dumb

Perth Red

Post Whore
Geez your off the pace on this topic.
Maybe just stick to Perth bs propaganda where you ignore a Perth team who were getting sub 10k crowd regularly in favour of 1 off out of town teams 👌
Haha, you had to go back 25 years for those stats. Last ten years perth crowd avg 16.4k. Read it and weep sunshine.

gobby: nz2 will sign union players and nzru will die
gobby after union sign nrl star in the making: that just shows to get a big contract you’re better playing rugby league

consistency is over rated lol

Te Kaha

First Grade
There's 1 Wallabies team that EVERYONE in Union are trying to make...
17 NRL clubs lol
I would love to meet a player who thinks they didn't make the NRL because an All black was signed 🤣
f**k your dumb

Making shit up and I'm dumb? The Wallabies are irrelevant, the only reason you bring them up is because you have nothing.
What kind if idiot doesn't think a non League player getting 1.5 million a year is not going to negatively affect whether existing talent will sign on for less. I'm sure a team of Local League players and an ex All Black will go just great. That NZ2 team will fold in a year..

Gobsmacked

Bench
Haha, you had to go back 25 years for those stats. Last ten years perth crowd avg 16.4k. Read it and weep sunshine.

gobby: nz2 will sign union players and nzru will die
gobby after union sign nrl star in the making: that just shows to get a big contract you’re better playing rugby league

consistency is over rated lol
Yes. Had to go back 25 years until the Force showed us that a regular team based in Perth that wasn't AFL has 6k..
An 16k ? For 1 off games? You say it like it's good lmao but 16k at PARRAMATTA is Pathetic according to you 🤣 yeah consistency lol

And yes there's a MASSIVE difference in what it means for people going from league to union and vice versa. You'd know that if you didn't like in Perth and you were from England.

You know less than f**k all about League in this country, much less Union, heck you basically became an advocate for Union to support a argument for a Perth team that nobody in Perth seems to want.
Wait until the WA government put some dollar numbers to the voters in WA about a Perth team. They'll be so far removed from the topic, it'll be like it never happened.
You Muppet.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Yes. Had to go back 25 years until the Force showed us that a regular team based in Perth that wasn't AFL has 6k..
An 16k ? For 1 off games? You say it like it's good lmao but 16k at PARRAMATTA is Pathetic according to you 🤣 yeah consistency lol

And yes there's a MASSIVE difference in what it means for people going from league to union and vice versa. You'd know that if you didn't like in Perth and you were from England.

You know less than f**k all about League in this country, much less Union, heck you basically became an advocate for Union to support a argument for a Perth team that nobody in Perth seems to want.
Wait until the WA government put some dollar numbers to the voters in WA about a Perth team. They'll be so far removed from the topic, it'll be like it never happened.
You Muppet.
So we’re now judging nrl potential in perth by rugby union? Why not judge it by afl or basketball In Perth? Or even more sensible by how nrl has done in perth over the last decade, you know it being the sport we are talking about?
Oh yes because that wouldn’t suit your argument lol you’re an idiot.

tell us again though how ARU signing sualli isnt bad for nrl but nz2 signing union players is going to destroy the nzru. Dumb dumb dumb.

Gobsmacked

Bench
So we’re now judging nrl potential in perth by rugby union? Why not judge it by afl or basketball In Perth? Or even more sensible by how nrl has done in perth over the last decade, you know it being the sport we are talking about?
Oh yes because that wouldn’t suit your argument lol you’re an idiot.

tell us again though how ARU signing sualli isnt bad for nrl but nz2 signing union players is going to destroy the nzru. Dumb dumb dumb.
Union has been poaching leagues biggest names for decades and it hasn't made an iota of a difference to the NRL ( pissing into the wind) League has 17 teams full of stars!
Union..1 !
If League takes 1 of theirs, it's the same impact to the power of 17.
It'll literally be the turning point.

League has a real opportunity to dominate the entire pacific.
If you weren't so hung up on Perth you'd get it ...

Perth Red

Post Whore
Union has been poaching leagues biggest names for decades and it hasn't made an iota of a difference to the NRL ( pissing into the wind) League has 17 teams full of stars!
Union..1 !
If League takes 1 of theirs, it's the same impact to the power of 17.
It'll literally be the turning point.

League has a real opportunity to dominate the entire pacific.
If you weren't so hung up on Perth you'd get it ...
I know, which is exactly the reason a nz2 club won’t make a jot of difference to the all blacks and nzru. There’s many reasons a nz2 club in nrl would be good, but it won’t make a blind bit of difference to union in nz. 36 more RL players from ten thousand kids playing union in nz isn’t making a dent on them. It’s fanciful at best.

Brian potter

Bench
Oh, the NZR pay the wages of the aussie super rugby players now do they?

As for not watching a game of RU in 25 years this is absolutely true but I do watch the "highlights" now and then.

Te Kaha

First Grade
Union..1 !

The actual Irony in this post is unreal. You are once again stating that signing a "big name player" will "deal a massive blow to NZ rugby" while also saying that "Union has been poaching leagues biggest names for decades and it hasn't made an iota of a difference to the NRL ".

Shit you get more stupid with every post.

Oh, the NZR pay the wages of the aussie super rugby players now do they?

As for not watching a game of RU in 25 years this is absolutely true but I do watch the "highlights" now and then.

You stated that Super Rugby is a "Hindenberg" for "This is a classic example of a down on its arse sport throwing a Hail Mary pass." In a thread about NZ2 doing EXACTLY that in NZ, where Super Rugby Players are paid by the cashed up NZR and where Super Rugby is not a "Hindenburg". I hope I typed it slow enough for you to read. I doubt you have the comprehension to understand it, but we live in hope.

Latest posts