What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Zealand 2 will deal a massive blow to NZ rugby

Pj,Rj,Hj

Juniors
Culturally memberships seem to have much more importance in Aus compared to NZ. I regularly went to Hurricanes home games while I was living in Wellington and only recently learned they actually offered memberships.
If I’m being completely honest I didn’t even know memberships were a thing outside of diehards until I moved to Aus in 2013 where memberships were pushed much more heavily.
Mostly it seems to be a bit of a pissing contest with AFL. I have held a Warriors Aus membership since they became a thing but it’s basically just a donation to the club you don’t tend to get too much for it except the occasional away ticket in the worst possible seats.

The membership structure has long been used around Australia, particularly when VFL/AFL clubs became severed from their districts and zones with the staggered introduction of a Draft.
Or in WA's case, no Pokie dens.
The NRL has followed suit as it's been incredibly successful for their rival in keeping clubs stable, a revenue boon, and has pushed consistent crowd growth which is great for sponsors, tv optics, and justifying stadium upgrades or new ones.

There is a pissing contest element, and it's encouraged, why not have fans happily hand over their hard earned by extending the friendly rivalries to them in an active sense. More money in the sports, the better.

Wb1234

Immortal
Most membership figures across afl and nrl are fake

some clubs do make a lot out of membership

south’s make millions off their members

so do afl clubs

final say

Juniors
Oh sorry, saying it is on its way to being as popular as the NFL and EPL is so much better.
Recognised as a brand globally dip shit, like the NFL are.
So you've completely fabricated what I said , taken it out of context and exaggerated. It's a lie.
Another lie.
I click show ignored content sometimes and it's just you lying...again.
Now you've rummaged though hundreds of pages to quote me ( I'm flattered btw) and all if does is prove you lied..
You have to be the dumbest poster on here. The fact Vlad likes your posts is proof.
You blokes are getting a hiding and just digging deeper.
I won't be clicking show ignored again because I don't need to defend myself, anyone here with half a brain can see all you do is lie.
Bye bye dip shit.

Vlad59

Bench
So you've completely fabricated what I said , taken it out of context and exaggerated. It's a lie.
Another lie.
Now you've rummaged though hundreds of pages to quote me ( I'm flattered btw) and all if does is prove you lied..
You have to be the dumbest poster on here. The fact Vlad likes your posts is proof.
I won't be clicking show ignored again because I don't need to defend myself, anyone here with half a brain can see all you do is lie.
Bye bye dip shit.
Triggered much?

Maximus

Coach
Another lie.

The NRL is right up there with the EPL, NBA, NFL for global popularity right?

No, but they're on their way.

Dumb merkin. Do you not understand how to read? This is you saying the NRL is on its way to the same level of global popularity as the EPL, NBA and NFL. You can't back out now and claim it's a lie when you realise how dumb it is.

The only one lying is you trying to pretend you never said those words.

Wb1234

Immortal
Another lie.
Bye bye dip shit.
Gobbs stop feeding the troll

It won’t be long till he’s banned like that other guy who was talking bs on this thread

Canard

Immortal
Another lie.
Bye bye dip shit.
What a whiny bitch

Maximus

Coach
Also, this guy is that much of a sook claiming I'm lying about what he posted, when his numerous accounts have spent hundreds of posts lying about the likes of @Matiunz and @Matua. His current account was set up solely to lie.

Vlad59

Bench
Also, this guy is that much of a sook claiming I'm lying about what he posted, when his numerous accounts have spent hundreds of posts lying about the likes of @Matiunz and @Matua. His current account was set up solely to lie.
The problem is these guys argue themselves into a corner. I was a fan of PNG originally but it’s clear to me now the country simply isn’t ready. I like the idea of a second NZ team but the rubbish posted here about union dying and league taking over in the face of local NZers being far more reserved about what’s happening there is hysterical. The out right opposition to a Perth team and the insistence any Perth team must have a Sydney nanny is condescending and an insult to the Perth bid. Some of the utter trash posted about Perth through out these threads borders on a phobia and a level of insanity tbh. As for another Brisbane team now. Give me fecking strength. The Dolphins need time to bed down. Their model is good but needs time to reach its potential. As for the Bears. FMD. Their 25 remaining supporters are so busy jizzing their pants they can’t help but display what arrogant twats they are. Bring on the 26th of June FFS!

The problem is these guys argue themselves into a corner. I was a fan of PNG originally but it’s clear to me now the country simply isn’t ready. I like the idea of a second NZ team but the rubbish posted here about union dying and league taking over in the face of local NZers being far more reserved about what’s happening there is hysterical. The out right opposition to a Perth team and the insistence any Perth team must have a Sydney nanny is condescending and an insult to the Perth bid. Some of the utter trash posted about Perth through out these threads borders on a phobia and a level of insanity tbh. As for another Brisbane team now. Give me fecking strength. The Dolphins need time to bed down. Their model is good but needs time to reach its potential. As for the Bears. FMD. Their 25 remaining supporters are so busy jizzing their pants they can’t help but display what arrogant twats they are. Bring on the 26th of June FFS!

Perth does have challenges standing in its way. Maybe they've been overblown a bit by the naysayers. It doesn't change the fact they exist.

You're yet to address any of the criticisms levelled at a standalone Perth-based NRL team, FWIW.

All you do is say that anyone who doesn't share your opinion on Perth is stupid.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Most membership figures across afl and nrl are fake

some clubs do make a lot out of membership

south’s make millions off their members

so do afl clubs
Membership revenue is a far more valid metric for fan support than the bs numbers clubs come up with.

Vlad59

Bench
Perth does have challenges standing in its way. Maybe they've been overblown a bit by the naysayers. It doesn't change the fact they exist.

You're yet to address any of the criticisms levelled at a standalone Perth-based NRL team, FWIW.

All you do is say that anyone who doesn't share your opinion on Perth is stupid.
Well you are stupid so what else am I to say?

bazza

Immortal
I'd say Membership revenue is more important than membership numbers. Else you get clubs boasting, while not mentioning ⅕ of their memberships are pet memberships
pet membership might give the club more revenue than a free membership of a human in the short term

Think having people as members that are contactable in a database is pretty valuable long term to grow revenue so that in the future those people may upgrade their membership or at least go to a few games/buy some merchandise