What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Zealand 2 will deal a massive blow to NZ rugby

final say

Juniors
They had the option to play a couple of matches at an increased capacity last year after the AB test at Mt Smart with temporary seating but they turned it down. They might see the current size as the sweet spot for them? Also at the risk of setting Wb off on one of his hissy fits, given it's the Warriors you'd want to at least give it another year to see if the crowds hold before a large capital investment into the ground.
The Warriors have officially sold out their last 2 fixtures well in advance making them the first NRL team in history to sellout every single home game and with a very healthy capacity of 25k.. all that while they've been parked well outside the 8 for the majority of the comp.
For context: The Sharks aren't going to sellout every home game with a capacity of 13k and sitting 4th..

I'm so glad that you have frequently brought me back to reality of the dire state of League in NZ and it’s many challenges.

Wb1234

Referee
The Warriors have officially sold out their last 2 fixtures well in advance making them the first NRL team in history to sellout every single home game and with a very healthy capacity of 25k.. all that while they've been parked well outside the 8 for the majority of the comp.
For context: The Sharks aren't going to sellout every home game with a capacity of 13k and sitting 4th..

I'm so glad that you have frequently brought me back to reality of the dire state of League in NZ and it’s many challenges.
The nz tv deal is going to get cut

rugby league juniors are collapsing

the warriors crowds will go down with the blues winning and warriors losing

final say

Juniors

I went there, had a blast and posted about the experiences I had which in relation to League was astonished by how big League is getting right across NZ ! NO NO NO ... your holiday is fake lol you don't understand NZ .. after 4 months of travelling living and working the length and breadth... I couldn't possibly understand anything about NZ...
NZ 2 will happen along with everything I said would happen. Only thing I had wrong was the timing, the NRL are going to take over NZ much faster than I originally forecast.

flippikat

Bench

Matua

Bench

The sellouts are great. But, do you actually have any constructive discussion about the quote you posted? What are your thoughts on increasing the capacity of Mt Smart?

Also, so I don't have to reply to multiple posts:
- Those crowds don't change the legitimate domestic issues discussed in the early days of the thread that you chose to ignore out of ignorance.
- There are still legitimate challenges for league in NZ, even if you are keen on pretending otherwise.
- No one, aside from maybe your bestie Wb believes you were living in NZ.
- No one you throw shade at is actually opposed to NZ2.

Matiunz

Juniors
They had the option to play a couple of matches at an increased capacity last year after the AB test at Mt Smart with temporary seating but they turned it down. They might see the current size as the sweet spot for them? Also at the risk of setting Wb off on one of his hissy fits, given it's the Warriors you'd want to at least give it another year to see if the crowds hold before a large capital investment into the ground.
Plus probably a bit of wait & see if anything eventuates over the waterfront stadium

Vlad59

Bench
I went there, had a blast and posted about the experiences I had which in relation to League was astonished by how big League is getting right across NZ ! NO NO NO ... your holiday is fake lol you don't understand NZ .. after 4 months of travelling living and working the length and breadth... I couldn't possibly understand anything about NZ...
NZ 2 will happen along with everything I said would happen. Only thing I had wrong was the timing, the NRL are going to take over NZ much faster than I originally forecast.
Weren’t you born there?

final say

Juniors
The sellouts are great. But, do you actually have any constructive discussion about the quote you posted? What are your thoughts on increasing the capacity of Mt Smart?

Also, so I don't have to reply to multiple posts:
- Those crowds don't change the legitimate domestic issues discussed in the early days of the thread that you chose to ignore out of ignorance.
- There are still legitimate challenges for league in NZ, even if you are keen on pretending otherwise.
-
- No one you throw shade at is actually opposed to NZ2.
"The sellouts are great. But, do you actually have any constructive discussion about the quote you posted? What are your thoughts on increasing the capacity of Mt Smart?"

I think 25k is great and to have a sellout every week means they have reached a fomo type of paradigm which an increased capacity could undermine and backfire.
Maybe a 5k increase would work.

"Those crowds don't change the legitimate domestic issues discussed in the early days of the thread that you chose to ignore out of ignorance.
- There are still legitimate challenges for league in NZ, even if you are keen on pretending otherwise."
Are the challenges a large increase in domestic playing numbers? a large increase in Television viewing numbers ? Record attendance? NZ demolition of the Kangaroos? The unprecedented amount of quality NRL players from NZ?...

Is there some bad weeds growing in the grass preventing play or something?

Btw , I couldn't give 2 f**ks that you don't think I spent time in NZ. .. It fits perfectly! Despite me telling you directly.. you've managed to not know and refuse to believe- I wouldn't expect anything else at this point.
Peanut.

Vlad59

Bench
"The sellouts are great. But, do you actually have any constructive discussion about the quote you posted? What are your thoughts on increasing the capacity of Mt Smart?"

I think 25k is great and to have a sellout every week means they have reached a fomo type of paradigm which an increased capacity could undermine and backfire.
Maybe a 5k increase would work.

"Those crowds don't change the legitimate domestic issues discussed in the early days of the thread that you chose to ignore out of ignorance.
- There are still legitimate challenges for league in NZ, even if you are keen on pretending otherwise."
Are the challenges a large increase in domestic playing numbers? a large increase in Television viewing numbers ? Record attendance? NZ demolition of the Kangaroos? The unprecedented amount of quality NRL players from NZ?...

Is there some bad weeds growing in the grass preventing play or something?

Btw , I couldn't give 2 f**ks that you don't think I spent time in NZ. .. It fits perfectly! Despite me telling you directly.. you've managed to not know and refuse to believe- I wouldn't expect anything else at this point.
Peanut.
Sound a bit upset.

Matiunz

Juniors

Look at your points from a slightly different POV

The NZ deal won’t be cut by an NZ 2 team but Sky like many other pay TV companies is struggling a bit with the rise in streaming and unlike Foxtel they don’t really have a kayo type equivalent to transition into. Anecdotally many people would walk away if there was a better alternative- there’s a saying that it’s easier to quit smoking than Foxtel, literally had to tell them to f**k off to stop them calling every day for 3 weeks with some ‘exciting new offer’ to try and retain me.

How much higher do you think Sky could go with their bid I doubt they could afford to double it?

League juniors were definitely struggling, can’t speak for Auckland but in the provinces it was pretty dire, When I lived in Hastings I tried to play league as well as Union, at school there wasn’t any school teams in the province, post high school the club scene league team played 2 games in a season due to forfeits, in Wellington both teams shared the same grounds and whilst Firsts in league (the Union team had 6 grades) generally had enough for a team the lower grades essentially would ring in a few of the Union guys when they could find opposition to play. The other 2 provinces I lived in I couldn’t find a league team.

Let’s say that’s turned around, what would be your solution to improve the professionalism particularly in the administration and governance that the game would need to thrive? Do you believe the current juniors are up to standard to compete as NZ 2 as well as the inevitable poaching from the other clubs?

Crowds haven’t followed the usual slump which is fantastic the Game day team deserve credit for creating the game day experience they have achieved and plenty of clubs could take note

Maximus

Coach

Your holiday was about as real as that time you claimed to be born there.