What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Zealand 2 will deal a massive blow to NZ rugby

Te Kaha

First Grade
And when I was in NZ everyone was bored watching the same teams playing each other constantly.
It's not sustainable, especially when you consider how much content they wouldn't have 😳
Long term completely unsustainable

Once again, you show how little you understand about NZ.

8 Team Rugby home and away. 16 weeks then finals
Then you have inbound tours followed by Rugby Championship and then NPC, and lastly outbound tour.

More than enough content. And the best part Sky TV pays for the lot, not individual parts of it.

Gobsmacked

Bench
You know for all the talk about the Warriors being rubbish, you can't really blame them for the last 3 years. They may have lost Walsh ( I love watching him play but he's not that big a loss considering he's a terrible defensive fullback) but they signed 3 kiwi rep players this year!
Big difference when you don't have covid!
I think the Warriors could be a real surprise packet this year.
If they are playing well back at home during another rubbish SR season... it could deal a blow on its own.

Te Kaha

First Grade
You know for all the talk about the Warriors being rubbish, you can't really blame them for the last 3 years. They may have lost Walsh ( I love watching him play but he's not that big a loss considering he's a terrible defensive fullback) but they signed 3 kiwi rep players this year!
If they are playing well back at home during another rubbish SR season... it could deal a blow on its own.

You talk so much shit its not funny. You live in a world of make believe.

Wb1234

Referee
Warriors need a few years playing home games and they’ll be fine

I think that’s what cost nz2 their place in the nrl this time around

the international area is where rugby league can grow a lot especially the pacific

it’s where we can be much bigger than afl which is why I support nz2 and png later

Gobsmacked

Bench
Warriors need a few years playing home games and they’ll be fine

I think that’s what cost nz2 their place in the nrl this time around

the international area is where rugby league can grow a lot especially the pacific

it’s where we can be much bigger than afl which is why I support nz2 and png later
The comments made in regards to NZ2 were but 8 months ago...
It's very much still in play.
The last expansion under consideration was between NZ2 , Gold Coast and Central Coast.
There was no bid or recognition of WA .
NZ 2 is still next in line.
Don't let the chatting on here distract you. Outside of this forum, nothing has been stated to the contrary.

Wb1234

Referee
The comments made in regards to NZ2 were but 8 months ago...
It's very much still in play.
The last expansion under consideration was between NZ2 , Gold Coast and Central Coast.
There was no bid or recognition of WA .
NZ 2 is still next in line.
Don't let the chatting on here distract you. Outside of this forum, nothing has been stated to the contrary.
Perth govt asked vlandys what it takes to get a team

previously he has said no rusted on afl states

this time he said talk to the bears

the bears held talks with the wa govt stadium authority

vlandys it talking to tv networks now about the next deal and the 18th team

if they wait a few years and the warriors go back to how they were then yes nz2 comes back into play

Gobsmacked

Bench
Perth govt asked vlandys what it takes to get a team

previously he has said no rusted on afl states

this time he said talk to the bears

the bears held talks with the wa govt stadium authority

vlandys it talking to tv networks now about the next deal and the 18th team

if they wait a few years and the warriors go back to how they were then yes nz2 comes back into play
Vlandys knows better than to trust government. The stadiums debacle is evidence of that.
Luckily we have him, that not only seeing through obvious bullshiting government and that he's smart enough to see through it but the evidence of pure betrayal of government is as fresh as spring!
The grand final only months ago was going to possibly be moved because of the government's ability to live up to their word!
And that's the NSW government! One that has a massive stack in swaying NSW voters who are RL heartland!!!

They sway of a government from WA has 0 pull in the NRL. 0
Not only do governments lie but they don't even have a reason to. The majority of WA don't want or care about a WA team. A commitment from government for any money or resource could actually be a drag on their campaign.
People in WA are going to be apposed to a team in WA if it is thier tax dollars.
It's political suicide.

The jawboning from WA government is just that. They won't commit 1 penny.
Luckily we have Vlandys, he knows it.
Talk to the Bears is purely a deflection.

NZ2 is on .
The money from Sky is in the bank.
You think they forgot about that massive pay day?
The best place to find money is where you found it!

Te Kaha

First Grade
NZ2 is on .
The money from Sky is in the bank.
You think they forgot about that massive pay day?
The best place to find money is where you found it!

Except that money will run out in '27 before the next team even steps foot onto the field.
And where are you going to base it?
Wellington Stadium doesn't have capacity for many night games.
Christchurch doesn't have a stadium until late '26, early '27

Lets not forget, the ONLY bid that's been mentioned in NZ was several years ago from Andrew Charmers!.. good luck with that.

You are living in a world of make believe if you think NZ2 will be the next team.

Gobsmacked

Bench
Except that money will run out in '27 before the next team even steps foot onto the field.
And where are you going to base it?
Wellington Stadium doesn't have capacity for many night games.
Christchurch doesn't have a stadium until late '26, early '27

Lets not forget, the ONLY bid that's been mentioned in NZ was several years ago from Andrew Charmers!.. good luck with that.

You are living in a world of make believe if you think NZ2 will be the next team.
We'll see 😘

Te Kaha

First Grade

We'll see 😘

Yes we will. And you will be wrong.

Rugby league park Christchurch

it’s literally the name

the crusaders played there bc they had no ground

You do know that it isn't up to scratch and has scaffolding for stands don't you? There will be hell to play by clubs made to upgrade their stadiums if a team was allowed to play there.
Oh.. and it hasn't been called that in years.

Can a second team from New Zealand generate $10m from football operations to cover the costs of playing in the NRL?

If the bids are from Christchurch or Wellington then they will struggle to compete with Perth and Brisbane for corporate support.

What are the odds of a bid from New Zealand having a stronger business model than Perth or the Firehawks?

Te Kaha

First Grade
Can a second team from New Zealand generate $10m from football operations to cover the costs of playing in the NRL?

If the bids are from Christchurch or Wellington then they will struggle to compete with Perth and Brisbane for corporate support.

What are the odds of a bid from New Zealand having a stronger business model than Perth or the Firehawks?

There aren't any bids from Christchurch. And the one for the Orca's is by a person of very questionable qualities, whose track record for running a club is beyond terrible.

There aren't any bids from Christchurch. And the one for the Orca's is by a person of very questionable qualities, whose track record for running a club is beyond terrible.
I cannot see Wellington and Christchurch being able to acquire the sponsorship, corporate hospitality, membership and gate receipts that will be needed to outbid the Firehawks and consortia from Perth.

Latest posts