What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Zealand 2 will deal a massive blow to NZ rugby

Vibing

Juniors
If Labour stays in office after the election there might be a chance. None beforehand. There are no votes to gain from it.
League's predominant support is in south Auckland, an area that will vote Labour no matter what. If Labour announce they are spending money at the moment on a Sports event, National will hammer them on more wasteful spending in a "cost of Living crisis". The election will be won on the centre ground who are predominantly white middle class... those who don't generally support League, or much sport at all. This election is to close to call, and everything is politics.
The sellout 20K in Napier for the Warriors game tomorrow night say hello dickhead

Te Kaha

First Grade
The sellout 20K in Napier for the Warriors game tomorrow night say hello dickhead

See. when you are as dense as you are, it's easy to insult someone as pathetic as you. It's like you are too stupid to know what "predominant" means.

Vibing

Juniors
See. when you are as dense as you are, it's easy to insult someone as pathetic as you. It's like you are too stupid to know what "predominant" means.
hahahaha
toffball c^^khead .... you've been made look like a twat ... again...& don't like it eh

no need to get... triggered.. tho

Te Kaha

First Grade
hahahaha
toffball c^^khead .... you've been made look like a twat ... again...& don't like it eh

no need to get... triggered.. tho

You don't know what "predominant" and you think I've been "made look like a twat"? wow... you best get back on those meds.

Te Kaha

First Grade
All those Sth Aucklanders making the trip down to Napier
good on em

typical toffball arrogance

You really don't know what the word means do you??? wow...

Why don't you go and do a whole lot of multi posts again... it's all you're good at.

Vibing

Juniors
You really don't know what the word means do you??? wow...

Why don't you go and do a whole lot of multi posts again... it's all you're good at.
you really are triggered aren't you you vichyball wanker , its ok
you're really good at being the thread village idiot , so you're not totally useless

Wb1234

Referee
All just opinions, Apart from the article in Oct last year on the decline in participation in Auckland I cant find any other evidence, either way, for how the game is travelling in NZ. We dont have tv numbers, detailed registered player numbers, school participation numbers or club numbers. Its too early post covid to see how NZRL finances ar etravelliing. Warriors look to be regrowing post covid based on crowds and perfomances across grades. Theres a infogaphic in NZRL annual report saying overall participation number is up 7% but that is wooly as.
Its all just your opinions at this point.

View attachment 74724
I mean If you include all the kiwis who are going to Australian clubs on top of what the warriors have are playing numbers really declining

Matua

Bench
They found $55mill for womens world cup. $10-15mil probably secures it for them and they'll get a lot more games. Usually Govt funding is split between costs for the tournament and support for the sport at a grassroots level.
The usual suspects in here are always boasting about how much money the NRL generates, let them put up the $55m, show some goodwill for the wider game.

They can attach some NRL figures to the management committee, have the whole thing in NZ, and it will be a bloody good tournament. The usual suspects on here should be all for it as it will be a chance to deal a massive blow to NZ rugby. ;)

Perth Red

Post Whore
I mean If you include all the kiwis who are going to Australian clubs on top of what the warriors have are playing numbers really declining
That would be a very small number, in the hundreds if that in terms of 14-21 year olds moving to Australia to play RL.

Perth Red

Post Whore
The usual suspects in here are always boasting about how much money the NRL generates, let them put up the $55m, show some goodwill for the wider game.

They can attach some NRL figures to the management committee, have the whole thing in NZ, and it will be a bloody good tournament. The usual suspects on here should be all for it as it will be a chance to deal a massive blow to NZ rugby. ;)
NRL dont give a sht about Int RL. If its not Origin, gambling or clubland they really dont care about the rest of the game. The ARLC should change their charter because they are failing badly in parts of it.

PNG games in PNG, Fiji in Fiji (paid for by Aus govt pacific strategy money) then the rest in NZ. That would be a great tournament. I'd head to NZ for 3 weeks for it.

Matua

Bench
Does anyone have any figures? I was discussing with one of your other buddies the other day that I doubt there's more guys going to Oz league now than there was during the U20 days.

And to return to the original theme of the thread, those numbers don't have a huge impact on the rugby talent that is being churned out by the rugby schools into the provincial academies.

There's probably more first graders at the moment, but I think we need to remember not every brown face is a NZer.

Matua

Bench
NRL dont give a sht about Int RL. If its not Origin, gambling or clubland they really dont care about the rest of the game. The ARLC should change their charter because they are failing badly in parts of it.

PNG games in PNG, Fiji in Fiji (paid for by Aus govt pacific strategy money) then the rest in NZ. That would be a great tournament. I'd head to NZ for 3 weeks for it.
Oh yeah I know that, we all know that. I was just giving an option from the collective resources of the sport itself.

Matua

Bench
If you want some rational perspective I'll give you some. I'm from Hawkes Bay, check out that NZRL Annual Report on the previous page and see if you can find anything about league in the region? You wont, because the domestic game is dead. The comp I used to play in sadly doesn't exist anymore.

Of course there will be a decent crowd, there's nothing on in sportswise in the region during Super rugby because we're attached to a crap franchise in the Hurricanes.

This is just a one off match, reading anything into it other than that is a waste of time. My uncle is going and he's an old school rugby dude who only occasionally watches the Warriors.

Last edited:

Vibing

Juniors
If you want some rational perspective I'll give you some. I'm from Hawkes Bay, check out that NZRL Annual Report on the previous page and see if you can find anything about league in the region? You wont, because the domestic game is dead. The comp I used to play in sadly doesn't exist anymore.

Of course there will be a decent crowd, there's nothing on in sportswise in the region during Super rugby because we're attached to a crap franchise in the Hurricanes.

This is just a one off match, reading anything into it other than that is a waste of time. My uncle is going and he's an old school rugby dude who only occasionally watches the rugby.
don't lecture me on rationale perspective when your wanker mate Tea cup posts in here

k ?

Matua

Bench
don't lecture me on rationale perspective when your wanker mate Tea cup posts in here

k ?
Rational, not rationale. And I wasn't lecturing you, but giving you information so you're better informed, but if you're to immature to handle that then so be it.

Vibing

Juniors
Rational, not rationale. And I wasn't lecturing you, but giving you information so you're better informed, but if you're to immature to handle that then so be it.
Plenty of information being given to ol Tea Cup & hes no more informed & infact couldn't be less informed , so ... something about deaf ears

Matua

Bench
Plenty of information being given to ol Tea Cup & hes no more informed & infact couldn't be less informed , so ... something about deaf ears
If you want to have a love in with Te Kaha do it with him. I've got nothing to do with you two.

Te Kaha

First Grade

Wow.. Three posts in a row about me.... I have really taken up residence inside your head... its hilarious!

Last edited: