What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Zealand 2 will deal a massive blow to NZ rugby

Matua

Bench
Now the League fan is hear to do the bidding of Rugby comps...
What a surprise.
You also don't live in NZ.
Why are you so adverse to hearing facts? The school rugby comps in NZ don't need me to do their bidding.

In this discussion it doesn't matter that I don't live in NZ, I'm from NZ, I vote in NZ elections, I go back regularly, unlike you and your shadow Wb I've actually played league in NZ. But yeah, that's directly comparable with you pretending to go to NZ on a holiday, or pretending to move there to live, or pretending to be from Chch. :D

final say

Juniors
Why are you so adverse to hearing facts? The school rugby comps in NZ don't need me to do their bidding.

In this discussion it doesn't matter that I don't live in NZ, I'm from NZ, I vote in NZ elections, I go back regularly, unlike you and your shadow Wb I've actually played league in NZ. But yeah, that's directly comparable with you pretending to go to NZ on a holiday, or pretending to move there to live, or pretending to be from Chch. :D
"The school rugby comps in NZ don't need me to do their bidding."
And yet.. here you are.

Matiunz

Juniors

There tends to be an assumption by many (particularly in this thread) that because things are a certain way in Aus they are the are the same in NZ, in some cases they are and in some cases they aren’t.

The state of league is a big case of where things don’t work the same, Union being exclusively a private school sport is another, as is this forever war of having to declare for one or the other or you’re not allowed to be a fan.

I got quite a culture shock seeing first hand the league systems in play when I moved to Sydney, compared to what I’d first hand witnessed being in Hawkes Bay, Manawatu, Taranaki,BOP and Wellington, NZ was in the Stone Age, it was a lightbulb moment of why so many NZ juniors struggle in the Warriors systems- it just simply wasn’t a level playing field. That’s not to say the raw talent isn’t in NZ as it certainly is but NZ league only has a drop in the ocean in terms of resources when it comes to actually find a team to play the sport, coaching, admin, trainers etc. Union in NZ actually exports coaches/trainers/IP in comparison.
There was a poster on the NZ Warriors forum saying in scouting in CHCH for example pre 95 they used to get maybe 3 out of the best 10 Rugby prospects to play league- that number has dropped to approx 0.5.
Whilst it’s great to see things improving there’s still a lot of hard work to do build on what would arguably have been NZ leagues lowest point. It’ll likely take a couple of generations to close the gap, despite what some posters think there isn’t a deluge of Union players that if only they knew league existed (they apparently don’t due to those rich private schoolboys apparently) would flock to league, despite Union having a diminished viewing entertainment product this hasn’t stopped people from wanting to play it just yet. If the Warriors continue their wave and NZ2 gets in then yes you’ll likely see more come over just can’t see it being as dramatic as others do. Said it numerous times before, get into school sports, train better coaches, train better referees and get a half competent administration (not you NZRL) and you’d be well on your way

In terms of credibility I’m not sure how someone who has lived, played league in NZ, goes there regularly, assume likely still has friends and family there, likely has expat friends that also has friends and family in NZ knows more than a guy who alledgedly went there for a holiday once and a guy who gets his info from algorithm skewed TikTok tho ;)

Vlad59

Bench
There tends to be an assumption by many (particularly in this thread) that because things are a certain way in Aus they are the are the same in NZ, in some cases they are and in some cases they aren’t.

The state of league is a big case of where things don’t work the same, Union being exclusively a private school sport is another, as is this forever war of having to declare for one or the other or you’re not allowed to be a fan.

I got quite a culture shock seeing first hand the league systems in play when I moved to Sydney, compared to what I’d first hand witnessed being in Hawkes Bay, Manawatu, Taranaki,BOP and Wellington, NZ was in the Stone Age, it was a lightbulb moment of why so many NZ juniors struggle in the Warriors systems- it just simply wasn’t a level playing field. That’s not to say the raw talent isn’t in NZ as it certainly is but NZ league only has a drop in the ocean in terms of resources when it comes to actually find a team to play the sport, coaching, admin, trainers etc. Union in NZ actually exports coaches/trainers/IP in comparison.
There was a poster on the NZ Warriors forum saying in scouting in CHCH for example pre 95 they used to get maybe 3 out of the best 10 Rugby prospects to play league- that number has dropped to approx 0.5.
Whilst it’s great to see things improving there’s still a lot of hard work to do build on what would arguably have been NZ leagues lowest point. It’ll likely take a couple of generations to close the gap, despite what some posters think there isn’t a deluge of Union players that if only they knew league existed (they apparently don’t due to those rich private schoolboys apparently) would flock to league, despite Union having a diminished viewing entertainment product this hasn’t stopped people from wanting to play it just yet. If the Warriors continue their wave and NZ2 gets in then yes you’ll likely see more come over just can’t see it being as dramatic as others do. Said it numerous times before, get into school sports, train better coaches, train better referees and get a half competent administration (not you NZRL) and you’d be well on your way

In terms of credibility I’m not sure how someone who has lived, played league in NZ, goes there regularly, assume likely still has friends and family there, likely has expat friends that also has friends and family in NZ knows more than a guy who alledgedly went there for a holiday once and a guy who gets his info from algorithm skewed TikTok tho ;)
A great post wasted on these peanuts

Wb1234

Referee
A union troll who lives in Australia and whose every post is negative about league lol

and the biggest problem for many kiwi fans here is they don’t understand how the Australian league works so try and assume league should copy how union does it in nz

and anyone who says league is struggling for juniors is either ignorant or a troll

the warriors and a second side will have junior pathways which are integrated into the elite Australian systems

not some Mickey Mouse system in nz

Vlad59

Bench
A union troll who lives in Australia and whose every post is negative about league lol

and the biggest problem for many kiwi fans here is they don’t understand how the Australian league works so try and assume league should copy how union does it

and anyone who says league is struggling for juniors is either ignorant or a troll
As usual you deflect every point he’s made and rely instead on just making shit up. Never change mate. You live in your own little world of fantasy.

Matiunz

Juniors
So... you are a Rugby League "fan" that is referring to the game as 'you' not 'we'

Hmm
There’s reaching and then there’s that lol.
Said it before Warriors were the first sporting team I supported when they entered the comp and got me into sport as a whole.
You do realise you (or anyone else on here) aren’t the gatekeepers on who can be a fan of the sport don’t you?
Yes it’s good to be positive and league is on a very good wave of popularity- but that doesn’t mean we all have to sing kombaya and ignore the bits that aren’t rosey and can improve

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
There’s reaching and then there’s that lol.
Said it before Warriors were the first sporting team I supported when they entered the comp and got me into sport as a whole.
You do realise you (or anyone else on here) aren’t the gatekeepers on who can be a fan of the sport don’t you?
Yes it’s good to be positive and league is on a very good wave of popularity- but that doesn’t mean we all have to sing kombaya and ignore the bits that aren’t rosey and can improve
Simple observation. Why not refer to the game as we?

Matiunz

Juniors
Simple observation. Why not refer to the game as we?
Simply I don’t see it as one side against the other and see a need to pick a side, may be the incorrect use of grammar but it doesn’t have the connotation you claimed.
It’d be odd to be posting for over a decade on a Warriors forum if I wasn’t a fan of them