What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Zealand in India: 3 x T20 and 2 Tests - Nov/Dec 2021

TheParraboy

Staff member
The 3 x T20s are coming up this week

First one this Thur 18/11 1230am
2nd - Sat 20/11 1230am
3rd - Mon 22/11 1230am

The two tests
- Thur 25-29 Nov (Kanpur)
- Fri 3-7 Dec (Mumbai)

TheParraboy

Staff member
Just a reminder the T20 World cup runner ups v Team India tonight (12.30am tomorrow morning)

India (possible): 1 Rohit Sharma (capt), 2 KL Rahul, 3 Ishan Kishan, 4 Venkatesh Iyer/Shreyas Iyer/Ruturaj Gaikwad, 5 Suryakumar Yadav, 6 Rishabh Pant (wk), 7 Axar Patel, 8 R Ashwin, 9 Bhuvneshwar Kumar, 10 Mohammed Siraj, 11 Yuzvendra Chahal

New Zealand (possible): 1 Martin Guptill, 2 Daryl Mitchell, 3 Glenn Phillips, 4 Mark Chapman, 5 Tim Seifert (wk), 6 James Neesham, 7 Mitchell Santner, 8 Kyle Jamieson, 9 Tim Southee (capt), 10 Adam Milne/Lockie Ferguson, 11 Ish Sodhi

Eelectrica

Referee
Off the plane and onto the field for NZ.
India did well to avoid this and are rested up from not playing the T20 finals.
Team India to win

TheParraboy

Staff member
Team India strike first by 5 wkts and 2 balls to spare

Good to see Guptill make some good, and quick runs.

Both sides missing some of their top players

Great preparation nonetheless for the upcoming World cup next year :)

Game 2 Saturday 12.30am

These two faced off for the title of best Test nation only a few months ago yet the series has only a piddling two Tests. Now is this the BCCI or ICC's doing. If so a kick in the guts for the Black Caps for mine as the current and worthy world Test champions.

Am I hearing correctly that India is 'resting' its T20 WC players from the Tests. So that means India will be without Ashwin, Kohli, Jadeja, Bumrah, Shami ,Pant. That may be seen as disrespectful to the new world champs or simply gross arrogance.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Great scheduling and equally great tactics by India to get knocked out early from the WC so they could prepare for this series.

TheParraboy

Staff member
These two faced off for the title of best Test nation only a few months ago yet the series has only a piddling two Tests. Now is this the BCCI or ICC's doing. If so a kick in the guts for the Black Caps for mine as the current and worthy world Test champions.

No sympathy for NZ

They would prefer to play 2 tests at home so they get that away

Eg. Last time we toured NZ we had a 3 test series lined up, they preferred to drop a test to play ODI

TheParraboy

Staff member
Team india win game 2 easily by the looks chasing 156

Win t20 series 2-0

one more to play Monday morning 1230am, before the test series

TheParraboy

Staff member
LOL

330810.jpg

edabomb

First Grade
A knick to a full pitched ball in over 5 on day 1 makes it about halfway to the keeper before bouncing. Just get the spinners on.

Bazal

Post Whore
A knick to a full pitched ball in over 5 on day 1 makes it about halfway to the keeper before bouncing. Just get the spinners on.

TBH I can't see any piles of sand on it after the first session so this looks like the best deck India have produced in about a decade.

Bazal

Post Whore
That's a fair visual representation of what Jameson normally does to me on a Friday night at King O'Malleys.

Bazal

Post Whore
Bradmanson is being reeeeeeal gentlemanly with his captaincy here.

Such a nice guy he's giving away runs