What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Zealand, Samoan, Tongan or Fijian passport offering

Dogaholic

First Grade
SPECIAL OFFER FOR SATURDAY NIGHT'S CLASH

16 July 2008

The Mitsubishi Electric Bulldogs will throw open the gates to anyone with a New Zealand, Samoan, Tongan or Fijian passport by offering them free entry to Saturday night’s 7.30pm clash with the New Zealand Warriors at ANZ Stadium.

The initiative has been prompted by discussions between Chief Executive Officer Mr Todd Greenberg with star second rower Sonny Bill Williams who expressed a desire to see the Club join him in becoming a leader in its relations of people from New Zealand, Samoan, Tongan or Fijian back grounds.

“As most people are aware Sonny Bill has some strong thoughts on the need to look at fresh ways to recognise the involvement of the various communities in our game and on Saturday night we’ll be starting that process,” Mr Greenberg said.

“Our match against the New Zealand Warriors seems the right time to take this first small step and celebrate the important role played by Pacific Island and Maori players and their families in our Club across all levels.

“We’ll be offering free entry to anyone who arrives at our game with a New Zealand, Samoan, Tongan or Fijian passport in hand and we think they’ll have a great night.”

Williams says he expects plenty of people from those communities to make the most of the opportunity.

“It’s a terrific thing for the Club to do and I know it will be appreciated by so many people,” Williams said.

“Going to the footy is a great night out for the family and I’d like to encourage as many people as possible to take up the offer.”

Passports will need to be shown at Gate B of ANZ Stadium for entry.

http://www.bulldogs.com.au/main.php?page=article&id=1792

bartman

Immortal
Good move, ahead of the World Cup.

It's not like there's not enough seats spare at these ANZ club games.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Most of them have fake Aussie passports, i wouldn't expect too big a crowd from this stunt.

:sleeper:

A club does anything to increase crowds, make things more positive for the game - and now you're labelling it a "stunt"?

Even if it only brings through 50 people on game day, it's worked.

Adsy

Juniors
Why limit it to certain countries? World youth day has brought hundreds of thousands of people to sydney. Let them see what rugby league is all about.

Why limit it to certain countries? World youth day has brought hundreds of thousands of people to sydney. Let them see what rugby league is all about.
Christians at a Bulldogs game? It's been a while.

But seriously, it's a good point. WTF aren't the NRL clubs taking advantage of this?

Adsy

Juniors
They should let the pope kiss the game ball before the match. Might mean no injuries occur during the game.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
They should let the pope kiss the game ball before the match. Might mean no injuries occur during the game.

I'd be worried about the ball boys though :sarcasm:

Eels Dude

Coach
You racist prick. Always demanding equality, aren't you?

It was a joke lighten up...

In all fairness good promotion by the Bulldogs. Should ensure a great turnout and would be good to see other clubs offer similar deals. The Roosters are letting and kids in for free this weekend which should also be commended. Parramatta used to offer free entry for students once a year a few years ago also. When crowds are down little things like this not only bring regular footy fans in, but also can convince non regular attendees the experience of gameday, which surely will bring them back as a paying customer in the future.

Adsy

Juniors
Don't some clubs let mums in for free on Mothers day and dads in for free on Father's day? I like that idea.

Dogaholic

First Grade
It was a joke lighten up...

In all fairness good promotion by the Bulldogs. Should ensure a great turnout and would be good to see other clubs offer similar deals. The Roosters are letting and kids in for free this weekend which should also be commended. Parramatta used to offer free entry for students once a year a few years ago also. When crowds are down little things like this not only bring regular footy fans in, but also can convince non regular attendees the experience of gameday, which surely will bring them back as a paying customer in the future.

The same joke that has had rival supporters label me an arab and label me a rapist. I think I have heard it enough times.

Latest posts