What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Newcastle in financial strife

Hass

Juniors
I always thought April Fools' Day jokes were only fair game until midday. If you play a trick after noon then everyone else has the right to call the trickster a fool.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
I always thought April Fools' Day jokes were only fair game until midday. If you play a trick after noon then everyone else has the right to call the trickster a fool.
Nah, prior to noon, it's April Fools and a "trick", after noon, it's just a bit of "fun" :cool:

i would not read too much into this matter, lets face it the stadium is under going 60 mil worth of construction. hunter venues need a return on this money and it wont ge it through the soccer club, let the fat cats argue about it, and let the fans and the players get on with it:crazy:

franklin2323

Immortal
This will come to nothing. Just the new guys trying to push the knights around. It wouldn't make business sense to punt the Knights from EAS. Even if the venue feels underpaid. They are getting paid but they wont get anything if there's no tennant Stand your ground Burraston.

Worse case Blue Tongue is a great Stadium and close enough for fans to travel. I doubt that will happen

i would not read too much into this matter, lets face it the stadium is under going 60 mil worth of construction. hunter venues need a return on this money and it wont ge it through the soccer club, let the fat cats argue about it, and let the fans and the players get on with it:crazy:

It would only be a matter of a dearer white elephant for the NSW Govt (IF we moved out of EAS)

Didgi

Hunter Venues or whoever have two choices.

1) They can boot the Knights, receive their $700,000 odd and then a piddly little bit from the sucker team
2) They can cop it on the chin, build a bridge and get over it, and continue to recieve revenue from the Knights and the sucker team.

Knightmare

Coach
Hopefully that comment is tongue in cheek.
The Knights and Newcastle are a big part of our game, if they were to fold it would be catastrophic. Hopefully it will all be sorted.

It wasn't tongue in cheek. It's Skeepe. We're all still trying to work out whether:

a) He is Kirk Reynoldson
b) He trialled for the Knights Harold Matthews team when he was 15 and got turned away for being too fat, or
c) He asked a Knights cheergirl out on a date but got turned down and laughed at.

macavity

Referee
well, us Knights fans are taking it to the Premier tonight.

hopefully he will step in to sort it out before all is lost.

doubtful, but we have to try.