What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News from the kindergarten

shadowboxer

First Grade
I dunno, he’s got a plum role currently, carrying on like a true flog, not far akin to a politician - reminds of another flog up north but central coast way, Craig Thompson.

Quigs

Immortal
Didn't he win a comp with the Storm? (or was that one of the ones they took off them)

Testing my memory but I think he might of score a porky pie in the big game too.

Stake Removed

First Grade
I dunno, he’s got a plum role currently, carrying on like a true flog, not far akin to a politician - reminds of another flog up north but central coast way, Craig Thompson.
Said he didn't use his credit cards at establishment someone like Buzz would visit

Sharkman

Juniors
When did you lot start to be cheer squad for the administration?

The same administration that has royally fkd the game.

These pricks are dining out on the efforts of the players to the tune of millions. Fk em.

Get whatever you can players, cause you know these pricks have their bonuses, travel budgets, study trips, professional development plus whatever other corporate BS that had permeated a working man’s game.

fk em

When did you lot start to be cheer squad for the administration?

The same administration that has royally fkd the game.

These pricks are dining out on the efforts of the players to the tune of millions. Fk em.

Get whatever you can players, cause you know these pricks have their bonuses, travel budgets, study trips, professional development plus whatever other corporate BS that had permeated a working man’s game.

fk em
The players have never been treated better from the game.

What Newton is asking for/ demanding is not reasonable.

The admin are trying to make sure the game has a future past this group of players. That means not draining every last dollar from the NRL. The NRL needs to have money to purchase more assets as well and grow a sound financial base and have money for a rainy day like a Covid disaster.

Everyone took a hit from Covid. Including the game. But he’s asking for the players discounted pay to be reimbursed now. What makes them special to the rest of society??

Giving the player union a total control of player retirement funds/ hardship funds etc is also unacceptable. Especially with the Admin tipping in the money I’d want to have a say how that money is invested and distributed as well. I certainly wouldn’t trust that flog Newtown to have full control. Or the next unknown flog who takes his place to solely run it.

carinashark

First Grade
Only a legal and independent fund should control the super of the players. Not the players and certainly not the NRL. Just too many grubby fingers involved. Would anyone here trust V’Landys or Benny Elias with their super contributions?

Sharkman

Juniors
A
The players have never been treated better from the game.

What Newton is asking for/ demanding is not reasonable.

The admin are trying to make sure the game has a future past this group of players. That means not draining every last dollar from the NRL. The NRL needs to have money to purchase more assets as well and grow a sound financial base and have money for a rainy day like a Covid disaster.

Everyone took a hit from Covid. Including the game. But he’s asking for the players discounted pay to be reimbursed now. What makes them special to the rest of society??

Giving the player union a total control of player retirement funds/ hardship funds etc is also unacceptable. Especially with the Admin tipping in the money I’d want to have a say how that money is invested and distributed as well. I certainly wouldn’t trust that flog Newtown to have full control. Or the next unknown flog who takes his place to solely run it.
That sounds like the speech every multi million dollar earning banking CEO gives to his team just before he triggers multi million dollar tranche of his shares.
“The long term sustainability of our company means we can’t give you more today, because we might have anything tomorrow.
We need to look after our stakeholders, grow responsibly to build a strong foundation in the future”

I’m not saying I’m cheering for everything Newton is asking for, but I’m sure as hell backing the players than the suits.

Imagine how many millions have been spent on them over the last 10 years than the game itself.