What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Ltd vs SMH coverage

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Well, seeing as News Ltd also own channel 9, they probably want people to watch the Footy Show rather then read updates on their website.

ngap

Juniors
Actually Timmah, they have plenty of coverage now but at the time I made the original post they had nothing.

ngap

Juniors
It went up about ten minutes after I made the original post. It still isn't as impressive as the smh coverage.

However, just past midnight, the Daily Telegraph coverage went up which is as good as the SMH coverage.

Razor

Coach
I find it ridiculous that News who half owns the game has no coverage up of tonights event, while the SMH already has a front page article and photos.

If the owner of the competition can't be bothered then it makes you wonder about their commitment,

News had nothing to do with this night. It was strictly the ARL - not the NRL.

Well, seeing as News Ltd also own channel 9

No they don't.

Does James Packer know about this...

Packer doesn't own it either.

PBL sold it to an American company late last year.

ngap

Juniors
Can you quote correctly in the future, half of those weren't my comment.
News had nothing to do with this night. It was strictly the ARL - not the NRL.
I didn't say it was an NRL event. The money comes into the game mainly through the NRL, that drip feeds it out from there to the ARL and News Ltd. Surely it is in News Ltd interest to publicise any League event

Packer doesn't own it either.

PBL sold it to an American company late last year.
The sale fell through and Packer still owns it.
http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,23546103-7582,00.html