What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NEWSFLASH! - Bulldogs cleared

anastabation

Juniors
Igor said:
...ouch.... talk about being beaten with a warm piece of lettuce!

masturbation ure a limp wrist :p

oh yeah..... the 'Dogs are a blight on this great game.
What is it exactly that you are hinting towards Noad initially covering up? That Utai kicked the ball near the media or that some players wore casual atire to a police hearing?. (which we all know is a major issue)

ibeme

First Grade
http://dailytelegraph.news.com.au/story.jsp?sectionid=1258&storyid=1266635
Witness: she was enjoying everything

By PAUL KENT

April 29, 2004

A VERSION of events that helped to clear the Bulldogs over rape allegations in Coffs Harbour can be revealed in full for the first time.

The most damning evidence were witness statements that only one player was engaged in a sexual act at the pool of Coffs Harbour's Pacific Bay Resort, not six as had been alleged.

While police confirmed they were looking for a "seventh player" during the investigation – giving rise to the belief that six were involved in the incident at the pool – witnesses were adamant only one player was engaging in sexual activity at the pool.

"Before you actually walked into the enclosed area, I could see into the pool and I saw two people in the pool over in the northeastern corner of the pool. They were actually in the act of sex," a resort worker told Bulldogs officials.

"There was a girl in the water with her back towards me and there was a fellow sitting on the edge of the pool.

"When I walked in, I could see what they were doing so I deliberately let the gate shut loudly to warn them I was there.

"When that happened the girl sought [sic] of rose up out of the water and she pivoted around beside the bloke and just sat there alongside him.

"I could see that she had a white bra on and I'm not sure but she could have been nude or fawn slacks but skin toned."

The Bulldogs believe the incident began at The Plantation Hotel when the woman approached several players and propositioned them.

She was rejected and later approached a club bouncer saying she had been harassed by some players.

However the bouncer challenged her story, saying he had been watching her and that the players had done nothing wrong.

An internal investigation by the club and another by the NRL cleared the players of any wrongdoing while at the hotel, despite several accusations of drunken behaviour being made.

However, later the woman left the hotel with a player and returned to the resort.

Before this happened she was reportedly involved in an incident with a player outside the hotel, where she allegedly told one player she would: "f. . . him."

She then returned to the resort with the first player.

Another witness – another resort worker on duty that night – claimed to have been stopped by the woman, who was with the player, to ask the direction to the beach.

He said he later saw the woman in the company of two other players at the pool.

This sighting is believed to have occurred after the sexual activity at the pool spotted by the other worker when the Bulldogs say the player asked the woman if she wanted money for a cab fare home.

The player told the club the woman said no and remained in the pool.

"I looked across and saw the girl swimming in the pool breast stroke; she was virtually in the one spot; she looked like she was enjoying everything," the worker said.

"There was nothing unusual about her . . . I also saw [the two different players], or I'm almost sure that they were the same two guys I had seen a short time ago, laying on banana chairs alongside the pool.

"They were laying back like so – arms behind head laying on their backs; it was quite mild."

The Bulldogs say the woman later that morning knocked on the door of two hotel rooms occupied by players.

She was told to "f. . . off".

The next the Bulldogs heard about the woman, she had been found in a distressed state claiming to have been gang raped.

Bulldogs coach Steve Folkes said yesterday:

"I have had nothing to say because there was a police investigation going on and we were hopeful that the police would basically discover what we have told them, which they did."

The Bulldogs believe the woman's evidence began to fall apart when police asked her to identify the six players involved.

The club said this was because there were not six players involved and that she randomly selected players when police showed her pictures of players in the NRL media guide.

This was supported by the fact several of the identified players had ironclad alibis.

gaterooze

Bench
Well. What do the doomsayers have to say now?

BTW, is it just me or shouldn't the police have shown her photos of RANDOM people for her to identify the players among, not an NRL club photo???

wittyfan

Referee
:lol: The article fails to mention how not long after, the woman was taken to hospital with injuries.

The General

Juniors
gaterooze said:
Well. What do the doomsayers have to say now?

BTW, is it just me or shouldn't the police have shown her photos of RANDOM people for her to identify the players among, not an NRL club photo???

Exactly. Another failure of the investigating police. There has to be massive repercussions for the Task Force involved. They handled the matter disgracefully from the start.

And even when shown CLUB photos, the woman identified players who had 'ironclad alibis.' Many of her accusations have been proven to be lies.

The General

Juniors
sullyfan said:
:lol: The article fails to mention how not long after, the woman was taken to hospital with injuries.

Which injuries would they be ? The grazes and bruises ? Those could have been obtained a number of ways. e.g there are eye-witness reports of her having sex near the pool. Having sex on concrete won't bring about any grazes ?

And if you are going to say she required stitches, the task froce involved has already stated this was a 'total fabrication.'

wittyfan

Referee
The General said:
Which injuries would they be ? The grazes and bruises ? Those could have been obtained a number of ways. e.g there are eye-witness reports of her having sex near the pool. Having sex on concrete won't bring about any grazes ?

The police said her injuries were consisent with someone who had consensual or non-consensual sex. I doubt consensual sex would bring on that much trauma.

From today's Telegraph:

QUESTION: Why were the chances of prosecution low?

JASON BRETON: Because the evidence wasn't sufficient for us to warrant preferring a charge.

QUESTION: Was there any evidence of rape physically?

JASON BRETON: Yes

Source: http://dailytelegraph.news.com.au/story.jsp?sectionid=1258&storyid=1264817

The General

Juniors
sullyfan said:
The General said:

The police said her injuries were consisent with someone who had consensual or non-consensual sex. I doubt consensual sex would bring on that much trauma.

From today's Telegraph:

JASON BRETON: Because the evidence wasn't sufficient for us to warrant preferring a charge.

Source: http://dailytelegraph.news.com.au/story.jsp?sectionid=1258&storyid=1264817

If consensual sex wouldn't bring 'that much trauma', why would the police say the physical evidence for rape and consensual sex can be the same ?

gaterooze

Bench
" if rape is an offence sexual intercourse isn't, but the evidence can be the same"

Don't quote only half of what Breton said.

wittyfan

Referee
The General said:
sullyfan said:
The General said:

From today's Telegraph:

If consensual sex wouldn't bring 'that much trauma', why would the police say the physical evidence for rape and consensual sex can be the same ?

Police probably have a good idea of the difference though. It's just then building up a case that could hold up in court.

The General

Juniors
gaterooze said:
" if rape is an offence sexual intercourse isn't, but the evidence can be the same"

Don't quote only half of what Breton said.

He has to use half a quote, otherwise he will have no leg to stand on, and God forbid, might have to actually believe that the Dogs did nothing wrong.

The General

Juniors
sullyfan said:
Police probably have a good idea of the difference though. It's just then building up a case that could hold up in court.

A few grazes and bruises and the word of a proven liar does not equal rape. The evidence agaisnt her accusations is far more substantial that the evidence for it.

Latest posts