What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Newton.. dirty basta*d!!

lyon is a saint

Juniors
First of all he knocks Lee Gilmour out with a high tackle.. then he breaks Sean Longs cheekbone with a forarm!!

Yet he never even got sin binned.... this a complete joke.

Unlike the NRL our RFL panel are an absolute laughing stock.

lyon is a saint

Juniors
This in the Long incident... take note that Newton should of all ready been sent off.

Cheapshot1.jpg

MrCharisma

Bench
I don't mind Wigan but I hate Newton... I don't rate the guy... I just think he is a thug like Ryan Bailey

Poor Gilmore and Long :( especially since Long is actually playing good football for once

bartman

Immortal
The panel should take care of it. Those still shots have both Saints players not at full standing height, but the full-speed video should show Newton's intent quite clearly (ie deemed "reckless" in NRL).

Refs in both countries seemed to stop the practice of sending people off long ago, preferring the "safe" option to put things on report for the panel to judge. The downside is that opens up the possibility for a player to go the thug, and if he doesn't do anything extremely over-the-top blatant then he stays on the field to do more damage.

I don't think Newton has showed the skill of Cunningham across the whole season, so wouldn't have featured in Tri-Nations for mine, with Diskin as the incumbent also kicking about. I expect they might give him 4 weeks - ie the rest of his season?

Latest posts