What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Newtown Jets Lineup for Round 2 v Western Suburbs

Jeffles

Bench
I didn't think it was that bad. Looking at the skies above, people usually stay away even though it is not actually raining.

bazza

Immortal
Why was it a 4pm start?
Was it to fit in Roosters junior rep games?
Means i miss the start of the 5:30 parra game

Jeffles

Bench
The Roosters junior reps didn't play last Saturday.

All Newtown PL home games played at Henson Park during daylight saving start at 4pm or thereabouts to avoid the hotter conditions. Whilst Saturday was pleasant, it would have been necessary on Sunday. Of course, we cannot predict the weather at the time of announcing the fixtures.

This weekend will be another later kick off. Roosters junior Reps just happen to be playing that day.

newtownbluebags

Post Whore
Last Saturday afternoon was perfect weather, just right! The Beer was cold and the Garlos were hot!
Didn't Chicka Moore look a MILLION bucks in that suit! gotta love Henson Park!

girvie

Staff member
It would be great if those of you who were at the Premier League game could give 3-2-1 points to the best players from the match. This is for the Premier League player of the year.

For further details and to check out the current leader board click the link: http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=133409

Just send me a pm or post in the above thread.

2 True Blues

Coach
How many times since Newtown have been in Premier league have they scored 46 or more points in a game????.

I think last seasons 64 ( or there abouts ) against Penrith was the only time i can recall.

In fact how many times have they scored 46 or more points in a game even in Metro Cup.

very promising stuff if the defence improves....

JF_Henson_Hill

Juniors
bob carnegies mono brow said:
Great afternoon of football, shame the crowd numbers were so down though :-(

I reckn the Jets should do more campaigning along King St on Saturday morning. There are always people just wandering around of a morning doing nothing in Newtown. If we hand out 5000 free tickets and 1000 extra people decide to take them up, then the club cannot lose in terms of drink & food price as well as the pretty lucrative merchandising that people in Newtown find so popular to wear around the place.

I'm in two minds as to what to do tomorrow. It is the Jets my local team against the Raiders my old passion.:? :oops: I might just rock up in casual duds and see what happens. By paying my $7 & buy a sausage sandwich or two I'm helping the Jets & grass-roots rugby league out tomorrow in any case.

JF
PS:- One thing I have ascertained is that hill at Henson certainly is NO curva.:shock: My big flag will be staying in the bedroom in mothballs waiting for Sydney FC next October.:(

newtownbluebags

Post Whore
JF_Bay22_SCG said:
on Saturday morning. There are always people just wandering around of a morning doing nothing in Newtown.

The blame of which can be laid squarely on the shoulders of Friday night! [-X

2 True Blues

Coach
JF_Bay22_SCG said:
I'm in two minds as to what to do tomorrow. It is the Jets my local team against the Raiders my old passion.:? :oops: I might just rock up in casual duds and see what happens. By paying my $7 & buy a sausage sandwich or two I'm helping the Jets & grass-roots rugby league out tomorrow in any case.

Well atleast you can't lose mate....LOL..........

Gonna be a tough game this one. Canberra have a great looking line-up.

Noticed Jets have the highest attack in the comp 74 points. ( only after game two but ) however we have the second worse defence as well.

newtownbluebags

Post Whore
Well I for one am bringin me yellin voice, hopefully we can recapture the spirit of 2005,,,the crowd urged the boys on last year in great style and here's hoping we can do the same again!

Jeffles

Bench
I hope JF supports the Newtown Jets!!!

As for promotion, Saturday morning is a difficult time as most helper are at Henson setting up. The first game tomorrow is on at 11am so those that otherwise would distribute flyers etc are at the ground warming sausage rolls, putting out corner posts etc.

There is a flyer run done up King St and Enmore Rd the Thursday night befroe a home game. That gets a good response. Glen "Felix" Dwyer and John "Oscar" Lynch take care of that ably assisted by Karl Cope on Enmore Rd.

hrundi99

First Grade
My least favourite game of the year...probably a good thing I'll have to miss it due to other commitments.

Latest posts